CHALLENGE TO RICHLANDS FANS!!!

BigD4VT

"If they have a weakness, it's their fans!"

No, Tom Hale didn't say that, BigD4VT did!!!

The Blues have spoiled you this year. They've lulled you to sleep by winning by an average of 6 touchdowns. They haven't needed you to raise the volume for a key 3rd down, or a goal line stand.

The fans are there, just as they always are, but it's almost like your watching the game on TV. Sure, there is the occasional "GO BLUE!", and there are always a few guys giving it to the refs (they really can hear you by the way) but, except when Richlands scores, there isn't much noise coming from Tornado fans at all. Definitely not like last year when the games were closer, longer.

This needs to change THIS WEEK! The playoffs are coming up and the Blues WILL need the fans. They will play at least one, hopefully two teams that they've already played, and it's always harder the second time around. Just look at the Graham game last year. 30-0 the first time, 19-13 in the playoffs. That 30-0 game by the way was the best performance from the fans I have ever seen. The offense didn't play well but the defense and special teams dominated. They heard the fans loud and clear and that made the difference. The fans, band and cheerleaders all did their part to generate an electric atmosphere and I don't think anyone who was there will ever forget it. I know I won't.

I'm not up there to scream with you guys this year but I want to hear it on the sidelines. I want to experience what the players do when that constant roar is behind them. We're coming up on game #10 and I still haven't heard it.

Stand up and yell when the Blues are on defense!!! Who cares if the score is 99-0!?! Let the team (and the opponent) know you're still there!!!

Students, YOU ARE THE SPIRIT OF RHS!!! Paint your faces, wear silly costumes, make signs, start chants and SCREAM!!!

Cheerleaders, pull that "NOISE" sign back out and use it whenever the Blues are on defense and the crowd has gone quiet. And while one of you holds it up, the rest of you can wave your arms to the crowd. LEAD the CHEERS so to speak

Band, Play, play, and play some more. Play every song you've got!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall hearing "Imperial March, JAWS, or Night on Bald Mountain" all year. Those set the tone for the defense.

Players, you are the ones with the power to turn the fans on like a light switch. Any player whether he's on the field or on the sidelines can wave his arms and make the crowd go wild. I've seen it. I even saw Coach Mance do it in that 30-0 Graham game last year.

The easy road is about to end for the Blues. Lebanon didn't get to be 8-1 by accident. They can play!!

In less than two weeks "Win or Go Home" season starts and NOBODY wants to go home. The fans have ALWAYS been there in large numbers BUT now you need to do more than just be there. You need to stand up and be heard!!! Put the RUMBLE in the THUNDER!!! GIT-R-DONE!!!

Now that's what I'm talking about BigD!!!! Nothing better than a high school game when the crowd gets into it! I remember the Narrows Giles matchup a few years back when Narrows won. After a questionable call on a fumble by the refs, Coach Don Lowe lit into the refs & that was all she wrote. I heard from opposing Giles fans the next day that were sitting on the visitor's side. They said the noise could rival that of a D1 college game!

The crowd definitely can make all the difference in the world, so Richlands' fans, listen to BigD!

We have played Imperial March quite a few times and Jaws 1 time at grundy...but we dont have night on bald mountain...and i make the signs adn start alot of chants...but i will personally make sure i turn the volume up 10 notches...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I need a cow bell I think

[/ QUOTE ]

You can never have enough cow bell !! as witnessed on Saturday Night Live........

[/ QUOTE ]

Cow bells, plastic jugs, bottles with gravels etc, make BigD and Dave proud. Show them whose house this issssssssss.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I need a cow bell I think

[/ QUOTE ]

You can never have enough cow bell !! as witnessed on Saturday Night Live........

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like a cow bell, alot of noise in Little Lane Stadium (Ernie Hicks), and some more cow bell.

My apologies for working lately, But Cola will be back in the Storm Center and we will be heard, and we will even drown out the Blue Neck Nation, (Which I am also a memeber) So tell Robert he has his hands full!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

My apologies for working lately, But Cola will be back in the Storm Center and we will be heard, and we will even drown out the Blue Neck Nation, (Which I am also a memeber) So tell Robert he has his hands full!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good I will aim the crowd mic right at that section tonight so you folks be loud!!!!

No problem Dave,Brandon is coming in and bringing a friend, We already told him about Richlands Football and he was impressed, The crowd should be cranked, escpecially those that went to Lebanon last year.