Who's next in line at Martinsville?

tullyblanchard

It is common knowledge that Martinsville High School's Head Coach Taylor Edwards is resigning after this year. Who is the front runner for the MHS head coaching job? Coach Edwards' shoes will be hard fill in Martinsville. Rumor has it that former Magna Vista head coach Joe Beckelheimer is interested in the Martinsville job. What are some other coaches that might be interested?

Don't know if there are any "frontrunners" yet for the job. I would doubt that they would hire from within the current coaching staff(just my opinion), but they will probably get some attractive applicants. Coach B would be a good choice but this will probably not happen because of his recent history with the Henry Co. school system.

You were asking for opinions and I for 1 just don't think they would hire from within. Not that the ones you named wouldn't be good or qualified for the job,but how much head football coaching experience do any of them have? Hard to gauge what they would do though since the Dogs haven't replaced a coach since Mr. Hensley left some 25 years ago. Since you seem to be familar with the situation at Mavahi who do you think should get the job and why? Like I said this is all just speculation, and from what I hear about the man in charge of the city schools the new coach will probably come from outside the area(again just speculation!).

He has an excellent staff who seems to work very well together.Hopefully, whoever that gets the job will be able to keep the majority of the staff on board. It would make the transistion for the new coach much smoother!!

There is a great pool of coaches already on staff. As a parent I hope they stay within that group or pick someone that is a good fit with them. I have an enormous amount of respect for the coaching at MHS. These gentlemen have worked very hard to make each of these players perform to their highest level. I have kept my son at MHS because of the coaching he has received there in football and basketball. It is nice to be at a school where the coaches get along and help instill a team atmosphere. Any of the names listed above would do an excellent job, and would have the supportof the parents!