Richlands vs Graham... Region IV Championship

bluekick

Let's get it started.

I saw Graham play Tazewell today and they played very well. This is gonna be a great game that I think will have a similar outcome to last year's game. Richlands wins in a close one.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

gave them that game?? those turnovers had nothing to do with the spectacular play by the defense?

[/ QUOTE ]

not when tazewell players fumble without being hit and not when the tazewell qb throws it the ball straight to the graham DBs.....i watched the entire game and those turnovers were given to graham.

very very close game probably come down to extra point or two point conversion.not picking sides but graham has a very deep talented back field that allows them to keep fresh legs in on every play if they want Brown,Carper,Barreras,Broyles,Scott,& Tibbs.the defense is also starting to click as a full d squad like it should be

[ QUOTE ]

No disrespect intended....but do you really believe the G-men can hold that offense to 21 points at Ernie Hicks? What do you think would be the difference maker from the first game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what was the difference maker from the Graham Tazewell games. As someone once said, Any team can win on any night. The difference is Graham has suffered this season and they know they are lucky to be where they are in the play offs so they want to prove to people that they can do it. If not then big deal, they can say they improved a little bit concidering they lost to tazewell the first time and beat them the second. Thats an improvement and you can't take that win away from them. SO the difference this time is Graham will want it more than they did the first meeting. I predict Graham 24 Richlands 21

Also minus Gate City who was the closest game Richlands played this season? Think about it Graham has gotten better since their last game against Richlands

The reason the Tazewell playes fumbled the ball so much is because they were tired of gettin hit so hard and just put in on the ground and plus did you see how slow rasnick was takin the hand off it didnt want to run the ball so the G Men got in there head early and killed them

[ QUOTE ]

The reason the Tazewell playes fumbled the ball so much is because they were tired of gettin hit so hard and just put in on the ground and plus did you see how slow rasnick was takin the hand off it didnt want to run the ball so the G Men got in there head early and killed them

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!!!!

Graham is improving alot...if i was doug marrs i would say theyre playing "g-men football" haha...but realisticly, richlands is really good. especially at home. averageing 53 points and only giving up 7 when playing in richlands. But I think it'll be a little bit closer than that..lol

I think the best way for Graham to slow them is to stop the pass..double Fuller. Even though there is other good recievers, he's the big threat and killed Graham last time. Jennings will get his no matter what, if he gets the ball enough, maybe 3 or 4 times youll stop him for no gain..but that's when he breaks one off for 50 yards. Theres really not much you can do there. Pressure McCracken..even though he's a really smart QB, even the pro's make bad throws under pressure sometimes.

Will Cole will be the big factor...Richlands imo, will probboly load the box and make Cole throw..he needs to be able to complete alot of the short stuff and the recievers have to hold on to the ball. If they throw enough that opens up Brown and Carper around the end..

But when it comes down to it, I think sometimes Graham has trouble moving the ball...and Richlands hardly ever has that problem. Their offense is way better than last year, this year they can score pretty much whenever they want. Graham will slow them down..but I don't know how much.

Richlands 34

Graham 21