all-swd girls

littlraskul

Why won't anybody answer the question of how many win Richlands and Tazewell have? Answer this question and you will make my point for me!!! They were not very good teams. therefore thier player should not recieve the same recogntion as a team that finishes in first place.

[ QUOTE ]

Why won't anybody answer the question of how many win Richlands and Tazewell have? Answer this question and you will make my point for me!!! They were not very good teams. therefore thier player should not recieve the same recogntion as a team that finishes in first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude first off would u just give up on this man! god! obviously ur referring to hunter and keene! and i think your probally from carroll and ur just taking up for your fellow player but i mean give it up! its final ok! and we'll see next year about ur team and if carrol does bad are you still gonna say that watts shouldnt get recognition because her team wasnt as good? thats just a thought though!

[ QUOTE ]

Why won't anybody answer the question of how many win Richlands and Tazewell have?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

we'll see next year about ur team and if carrol does bad are you still gonna say that watts shouldnt get recognition because her team wasnt as good?

[/ QUOTE ]

nice point, dral. as i previously said, i think the swd coaches got first team right, as in those are your best 5 players in the district this season. second team, sutherland definitely should've been there over morrow, but other than that, i think that's also an accurate representation. region iv voting, i have major issues with, but those are mostly from a logistical standpoint of how things were run at the meeting. i believe you'll all know what my qualm is whenever you get a chance to see the list. i just wish i could share with you all exactly why it is that i have such a problem with it. believe me, it's more than which names ended up where that i find shady...

bcram, i think your question's going unanswered because nobody really knows the actual numbers. heck, i couldn't even tell you carroll's exact record. district record, sure. overall, i haven't got a clue.

oh, and btw, olewave nailed it with his math analogy. grundy folks would certainly understand, for they've been in the swd far longer than we have at carroll...can i just say how i can't wait to add abingdon and marion next year? can you say (potential) "power shift?"

For the love of pete, cant we just all get along? Has anyone had to go on medication for this topic? Answer probably not. Yeah, I lost my third grade spelling bee, on what I thought was a much harder word than the other guy drew, but who cares. It didn't cripple me, pissed me off and I moved on. Although, bothered by the power-shift comment. I didn't realize that 3 schools controlled the districts well being. If so, then one of the 3 teams would have won the district hands down. The only power shift may be Caroll will have a little stronger competition with Abingdon being added. This could be rumor, but I overheard that next year any other district team playing a Tazewell County team had to play barefooted. Looks like more wins for Tazewell County Schools next year, but who am I kidding.

[ QUOTE ]

This could be rumor, but I overheard that next year any other district team playing a Tazewell County team has to play barefooted. Looks like more wins for Tazewell County Schools next year, but who am I kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude u must have overheard little kids talking! cuz that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard! play barefooted?

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that 3 schools controlled the districts well being. If so, then one of the 3 teams would have won the district hands down. The only power shift may be Caroll will have a little stronger competition with Abingdon being added. This could be rumor, but I overheard that next year any other district team playing a Tazewell County team had to play barefooted.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps i should have clarified myself a bit. first off, i have deeply rooted connections in tazewell county, and have no hard feelings whatsoever toward any tazewell county schools. what i speak of to come is not a competitive power shift, but a political one. competitively, little will change. heck, most swd teams play abingdon and marion already, so no surprise there. but, when the coaches get in a room at the end of the season to decide all-swd, the tazewell county "bloc" will no longer be able to stick together and get their way. is it really that big a deal? not in the grand scheme of things. but, as someone closely involved with athletics at cc, it will be nice to see our kids--as well as grundy athletes--have more of a fair shot at postseason accolades. no, the three tc teams haven't controlled the district's well-being (except, perhaps in football) but they certainly have controlled which athletes deserve to be honored and who gets left out.

honorable mention is whoever the coach feels deserves recognition. some coaches in other sports have been known to nominate their entire team, practically. it's great to be proud of your kids, but naming so many kind of devalues it, imo.

Without a doubt. I saw were Carroll had 9 girls and Tazewell 8 that is both to many. I think no more than 5 per team. If the coaches want their players to feel good about them praise them in practice more