Region IV...

Bulldog62

[ QUOTE ]

if rhs can win region this year, they should consider the season a success

[/ QUOTE ]

if richlands wins region, state could possibly be easier this year. teams like rockbridge, handley, and turner ashby have all moved to division 4. i know that you, dawgs05, know squat about high school outside the region, that's why it amuses me when you make statements like the quote above...

while i can't state that richlands will definitely win division 3 next year, i would be willing to bet they will

be vapreps pre-season highest rated team in division 3......

i believe james monroe and monticello could very well be the teams to beat from the other end of the state, but i o believe that richlands will be the favorite over any teams out of re-aligned region 3.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if richlands wins region, state could possibly be easier this year. teams like rockbridge, handley, and turner ashby have all moved to division 4. i know that you, dawgs05, know squat about high school outside the region, that's why it amuses me when you make statements like the quote above...

while i can't state that richlands will definitely win division 3 next year, i would be willing to bet they will

i believe james monroe and monticello could very well be the teams to beat from the other end of the state, but i o believe that richlands will be the favorite over any teams out of re-aligned region 3.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Handley with 1100+ students will be in Div 3 next year, they also return a guy name jj doresy at quarterback who will be very good if they can put him a good line together.

James Monroe will also return a good number at skill positions and they have a very good coach.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah yeah i dont know much out of region huh? lol.....thats what makes me laugh anytime you post, its usually incorrect. And yea, i dont do much research but i do know that Handley is in div 3 this fall.....and richlands wont be rated as the number one team in div 3 this fall......maybe the top 7 and thats only bc they have austin fuller........so seriously, if you are gonna try to make sense when you post....at least be accurate please.

Dawg,

It seems you like to talk more about what Richlands want do than what Tazewell will do. Is it possible, maybe you lived in Richlands at one time and can't get over being in Tazewell now?

Parsons is probaly right about Div 3 as a whole. Hidden Valley, Rockbridge were D-4 size this year and want be there next year and if not mistaking Christensburg was 3 will be 4.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah yeah i dont know much out of region huh? lol.....thats what makes me laugh anytime you post, its usually incorrect. And yea, i dont do much research but i do know that Handley is in div 3 this fall.....and richlands wont be rated as the number one team in div 3 this fall......maybe the top 7 and thats only bc they have austin fuller........so seriously, if you are gonna try to make sense when you post....at least be accurate please.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, dawgs05, as I understand it , 12 out of the 23

teams in region 2 will be classified as division 4 based upon the spring enrollment numbers......the last enrollment numbers had handley as the 13 largest school in the region, but i have been told that the folks in winchester are expecting the new enrollment figures to show handley to be slightly larger than Millbrook, Dominion, and Brentsville District.....if that turns out to be true then they will be classified as division 4 this fall.....

[quote}thats what makes me laugh anytime you post, its usually incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would love for you to point out all the errors i've made on here.......i do quite abit of research because high school football is my passion, but, from time to time my information may be outdated...however, i don't recall any errors lately .......so please do tell me all the incorrect posts i've made......

[ QUOTE ]

Bulldog62,

Are you a Martinville Bulldog or a Tazewell Bulldog? If Martinsville how's the new Coach?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im an Martinsville Bulldog player...He is a good one. He knows what he is talking about

[ QUOTE ]

Dawg,

It seems you like to talk more about what Richlands want do than what Tazewell will do. Is it possible, maybe you lived in Richlands at one time and can't get over being in Tazewell now?

Parsons is probaly right about Div 3 as a whole. Hidden Valley, Rockbridge were D-4 size this year and want be there next year and if not mistaking Christensburg was 3 will be 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its hard to not talk about richlands when thats all thats being posted on here..............tazewell will win at least 6 games next year.....

[ QUOTE ]

.....and richlands wont be rated as the number one team in div 3 this fall......maybe the top 7 and thats only bc they have austin fuller........so seriously, if you are gonna try to make sense when you post....at least be accurate please.

[/ QUOTE ]

from va preps

AA Teams to Watch in 2007

Amherst County: Sure, the Lancers lose Alonzo Poe and Jonathan Rose from the backfield, but the division 4 state champions return quarterback Peter Rose, along with receivers Derrick McCoy and Ashton Paige. The line loses a number of seniors, but Rayne DeLong and James Rogers will be back. Again, until they are beaten next season, the Lancers are the team to beat.

Sherando: The Warriors made a first-round exit from the playoffs this season, but should be a good bet to contend again next year. Ross Metheny returns for his junior season along with receiver Derek Crosen and running back David Hoopengarner. The defense returns Northwestern player of the year Joey Christine and linebacker Nick Merchant, as the Warriors will likely compete with Handley for the top spot in the district next season.

Richlands: The division 3 champions lose the backfield combo of McCracken and Jennings, but, as one poster on the AA board wrote, the Blue Tornado program is in “auto-pilot†at this point. Austin Fuller, who is getting D-1 interest, is back and the strong defense will return Matt Davis and Shane Wicks, among others.

Courtland: The Cougars have fallen in two straight region I finals to Powhatan, but this is a team that did well in 2006 with a lot of youth on the team. Quarterback Luke Sellers and running back Tajh Pendleton will return and the offense should be able to run and pass effectively, as the Cougars look for another Battlefield title.

James Monroe: The two-time region I, division 3 champions are going to be a force next year, with lots of talent returning on both sides. Quarterback DeVontae Atkins will be back, after a breakout 2006, and linebacker Stephen Meadows will look to cap off a great career at Jayem with a strong senior season.

Salem: The Spartans lost a heartbreaker to Amherst in the region III finals, but it’s hard to question all of the success they have had over the past several seasons. Flat out, Salem has players that fit their system perfectly, and next year, they’ll have running backs Jonathan Clemo and Harrison Hudson, along with Evan Fischer at wideout. Finding a quarterback will be crucial, with Nick Leftwich an early candidate there.

this list has both division 3 and 4 on it...but i think there is a strong possibility that richlands will be the top ranked division 3 team on vapreps pre-season rankings

[ QUOTE ]

this list has both division 3 and 4 on it...but i think there is a strong possibility that richlands will be the top ranked division 3 team on vapreps pre-season rankings

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only two D3 schools on that list...Richlands and James Monroe...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bulldog62,

Are you a Martinville Bulldog or a Tazewell Bulldog? If Martinsville how's the new Coach?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im an Martinsville Bulldog player...He is a good one. He knows what he is talking about

[/ QUOTE ]

From the article I read he sounded like a pretty wise character, good luck to you and your team. Hope Richlands and Martsiville meet in regions.

bulldog62...is the appeal in reference to fuller? if so, what's the status of it? if not...who is the player? you can give the number and i can figure the rest out if you don't wanna give the name.

[ QUOTE ]

It will be a lot tougher for Richlands this year in Region 4. Martinsville returns 2 2nd team all-state performers and possibbly a third if we win an appeal.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the appeal?