Graham at Blacksburg

blacksburgsoccer

hahah i thought about putting 7-0 graham... but then the world didn't end.

Graham played decent until ten minutes to go in the first half. Blacksburg was only up 1-0 and the defense was playing stout. Then Blacksburg scored twice in about a minute and Graham hung their heads. They played ok i guess, but it was just hard to tell against a team in a whole other league.

Graham played well tonight. They played hard till the final whistle and did not give up. It was 4-0 at half. We did not do a good job of finishing and that will be addressed tomorrow at practice. The shot totals were 48-0.

Who does Graham play next?

Just got back from the game. Graham was very lucky it was not alot worse. Blacksburg did whatever they wanted on the field. They must have had 20 shots in the first half. It seemed as if they were playing against cones. I thought Graham was going to give them a better game but this one was over at the kick off. If Blacksburg could have shot a little better it could have been 8-0 in the first half. Number 11 and number 5 were outstanding for Blacksburg. Beano tried to keep the intensity for Graham but he is only 1 player.

I could not believe Blacksburg played 4 keepers during the game.

if no one else will say it i will...Chaz had a hell of a game even though he let in 7...but still...thats 7 out of at least 20 on goal...he played his heart out..i just wish the whole team would have done the same

We play Rural Retreat this friday at home. I though the first 30 min of the game was pretty good. After that the scoring got a little outta hand. There were about 3 i shouldve had but we're looking forward to monday.

[ QUOTE ]

Just got back from the game. Graham was very lucky it was not alot worse. Blacksburg did whatever they wanted on the field. They must have had 20 shots in the first half. It seemed as if they were playing against cones. I thought Graham was going to give them a better game but this one was over at the kick off. If Blacksburg could have shot a little better it could have been 8-0 in the first half. Number 11 and number 5 were outstanding for Blacksburg. Beano tried to keep the intensity for Graham but he is only 1 player.

I could not believe Blacksburg played 4 keepers during the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great analysis. This game was a real chess match. Except Blacksburg was playing with like 15 queens.

[ QUOTE ]

if no one else will say it i will...Chaz had a hell of a game even though he let in 7...but still...thats 7 out of at least 20 on goal...he played his heart out..i just wish the whole team would have done the same

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the Graham keeper played well, but it was more of Blacksburg's players not finishing then him making unbelievable saves. They were psuhing the ball wide and high all game. If they get that fixed by Monday...watch out!!

Beano, you need to move up top for Graham. You guys have no offense at all. Your two forwards look lost. You would clear the ball and they would give it right back on their first touch.

[ QUOTE ]

7-0 now why doesnt that suprise me.pitiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please try and keep in mind that Blacksburg's talent pool is very deep; ours, not so much. A few years ago Coach Mercke was telling me that on average Blacksburg has 100 kids try out for the team.

A much larger school, with a greater depth of talent and an excellent program are a powerful combination. I give credit to Graham for stepping up and scheduling. It is an example of the Carlock philosophy of you only get better by competing against the best.

Keep working hard guys.

yeah i wish i could jump up top too...but then nothing would work as well in the back...i feel very comfortable back there with my supporting defenders and i can see the whole field easier from back there...the defense we have now works out very well for us...we just need to get things situated on the offensive side of the ball

I think there were a few goals that i shouldve had......I know the 3rd and 4th ones and i believe one in the 2nd half i couldve got to. But i also believe that we have a tough schedule and that will help us better prepare for the end of the season. Well we gave up 48 shots and only let 7 in you be the judge.

[ QUOTE ]

I think there were a few goals that i shouldve had......I know the 3rd and 4th ones and i believe one in the 2nd half i couldve got to. But i also believe that we have a tough schedule and that will help us better prepare for the end of the season. Well we gave up 48 shots and only let 7 in you be the judge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think Region IV soccer has a long way to go to compete with Region III. 48 shots to 0 is not a close contest at all....sure, the game could've been 3-0....or it could've been 12-0 with that many shots flying around. I think true tale of a game is in shots on goal....but that's just my opinion. Sounds like they were on Graham's side of the field the entire game.

At leat you have a measuring stick to go by. Blacksburg is at a place that AA schools should strive to be like. Region IV is progressing. But like anything, it takes time to develope the rec leagues and so on...