Noel Devine finally signs wit WVU!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

You can't measure the strength of a conference based on only one season due to the up and down cycles that happen to every team, and every player in every sport. Average it out over 10 years and see what you get.

The Big East has two schools that have overachieved because of great coaching and favorable schedules. Neither have the in-state recruiting base to do it consistently.

There is no doubt that the SEC is the strongest conference followed by the Big-10. The Big-12, ACC and PAC-10 will Duke it out for 3rd in any given year. The Big East is a notch above C-USA for now but will be on par with that conference within 5-10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

so the conference thats a notch above C-USA totally dominated another BCS conference(ACC) this past season?? I guess you forgot the Gator Bowl, the Orange Bowl, and all the regular season games between the ACC and the Big East??

I'm not saying the Big East is the best but to say they are only a notch above C-USA is absolute nonsense. The Big East was down, very down, in 2004 but they had a permanent resurgence in 2005. The Big East is very much as deserving as a BCS conference as any of the other BCS conferences.

Personally, I believe all these attacks on the Big East by ACC fans is nothing more than their own way of justifying their skewed view of the "superiority" of the ACC. Once those teams and fans found out how crappy the ACC really was they started attacking the Big East to get some sense of imaginary self-worth.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I am not an ACC fan. I am a huge WVU fan but I still say that the Big East is a very weak football conference.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it very weak when they proved last year that they can play with anyone.

[ QUOTE ]

I am not an ACC fan. I am a huge WVU fan but I still say that the Big East is a very weak football conference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, an unbiased, smart fan. Congratulations you are one of few on this board.

The ACC has one way to go. UP (Miami, FSU, UVA, and so on)

The Big East has one way to go. DOWN(Rutgers, Lousiville, WVU)

The Big East has seen its best years. Not saying a team or two might jump out and bite some people, such as WVU next year, but, the future is extremely bleak.

The ACC had an extremely down year, which even allowed the Big East>ACC debate.

The End.

Man its freaking April, why are we arguing about this.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Man its freaking April, why are we arguing about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you looked outside??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, definitely didn't feel like driving back to the burg today.

Oh well, got to watch the Sopranos and Entourage and got to eat Mom's cooking one more night.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They had 3 decent teams last year. All of which might have not deserved to finish as high as they did. The Big East as a whole is a weak conference. The past few years they have had several good teams: West Virgina, Rutgers (last year) and Louisville. When Louisville came into the Big East it was a big boost to the inter-conference competition but it doesn't put them anywhere close to the top conferences in America. When they lost VT, Miami, BC and Maryland, the Big East went from being a top-5 conference to a middle-of-the-pack conference with a few good teams every year. WVU, Louisville and Rutgers were all good teams last year, but they didn't face a schedule as tough as many of the top teams at the end of the season. The reason I say the Big East is weak is because when you look at the conference as a whole they have 2-3 exceptional teams each year. The SEC, ACC, Big-10 and the other power conferences are strong conferences from top to bottom.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They had 3 decent teams last year. All of which might have not deserved to finish as high as they did. The Big East as a whole is a weak conference. The past few years they have had several good teams: West Virgina, Rutgers (last year) and Louisville. When Louisville came into the Big East it was a big boost to the inter-conference competition but it doesn't put them anywhere close to the top conferences in America. When they lost VT, Miami, BC and Maryland, the Big East went from being a top-5 conference to a middle-of-the-pack conference with a few good teams every year. WVU, Louisville and Rutgers were all good teams last year, but they didn't face a schedule as tough as many of the top teams at the end of the season. The reason I say the Big East is weak is because when you look at the conference as a whole they have 2-3 exceptional teams each year. The SEC, ACC, Big-10 and the other power conferences are strong conferences from top to bottom.

[/ QUOTE ]

So exactly when was Maryland ever a member of the Big East?

Guest JJBrickface

Noel Devine is one step closer to becoming a Mountaineer. He passed his ACT test. Its good to see that he is working hard to get here.

Guest JJBrickface

Its not that you pass or fail but there is a minimum score you have to get to be eligible. He may have only barely passed that score but nevertheless he did achieve it.

On a side not Cecil its ok, we really don't need him anyways. I mean last year our quarterback did enough running to beat some team called Georgia Tech.

Yep, we have had this argument before.

WVU underachieved and played in the Gator bowl and beat a team that overachieved and played in the Gator Bowl.

Congratulations WVU!!!

haha

The standards for being accepted are ridiculously low.

WVU should be embarrassed that those qualifications were published.

Guest JJBrickface

Tell yourself whatever it takes to make you feel better about your team. WVU was the better team last year and they will be the better team next year, its as simple as that.

[ QUOTE ]

Tell yourself whatever it takes to make you feel better about your team. WVU was the better team last year and they will be the better team next year, its as simple as that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know WVU is a better team, it is just kind of funny you keep bragging about your team every year even when they fail to live up to their expectations.

I mean seriously, how many years have the been ranked highly preseason and then fail to do anything in the regular season???