Noel Devine finally signs wit WVU!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be Slaton's replacement after he leaves but I think he could be a very good addition in the backfield in the spread offense. I mean it is hard enough for people to stop Slaton and Schmitt, but add Devine's speed on 3rd and long. Unstoppable. I have heard Pat White is concentrating a whole lot on his passing game. I cannot imagine how good that offense will be next year.

[ QUOTE ]

Dag-gone right. What a way for Frank Young to go out. You thing he has a chance in the NBA?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe but it wont be a long 1... dont get me wrong i love wvu and frank young (and his gotee haha) but he WILL be 1 heck of a coach!

its about time this young man decided. I think Deion was trying to persuade him to go to FSU....shame on you deion! I'm glad to see that the future at RB for WVU should be secure with this recruit.....if Devine works hard and stays out of trouble, theres no reason he shouldn't be one of the greatest by the time he's done.....but i guess we'll have to wait and see

I have watched a lot of tape on him and his running style reminds me a lot of Slaton himself. His is amazing speed and by the time the defense knows which hole he is going through, he is already 20 yards down-field. I think he would be a great 3rd-and-long back with Slaton and White back there. Another thing he could help with is if he is able to run consistently, Coach Rod may be able to put Slaton out in the slot on some plays. He is a fairly small guy so I think his biggest thing is going to be staying healthy. Looking forward to seeing him play.

• 2 weeks later...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Will he be redshirted you think or will he be in split backs with Slaton and White?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he qualifies then he will definitely play in my opinion. I don't think you can redshirt a guy like him.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Will he be redshirted you think or will he be in split backs with Slaton and White?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he qualifies then he will definitely play in my opinion. I don't think you can redshirt a guy like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't redshirt a guy like him...what if he does fail in the classroom his first year??? Then you lose him for a minimum of two years...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't redshirt a guy like him...what if he does fail in the classroom his first year??? Then you lose him for a minimum of two years...

[/ QUOTE ]

If he fails then that is his own fault. Just like Jason Gwaltney, he came in highly recruited and didn't do his work . He has begged his way back on to the team but is at the bottom of the depth chart and has to prove himself both on and off the field.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

No he did not graduate. This is his senior year and he is HUGE! There is nothing better than seeing a 6'3", 250 pound guy hurdling defenders. It is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

you will be seeing owen play a little TE this year too.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

you think they might run devine in the spread with slaton and white? thats what i'd do

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may see a formation like this at times: Owen Schmitt at tight end, Noel Devine in the backfield, Steve Slaton motions to slot, Pat White lines up as a receiver and the quarterback is Jarrett Brown.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

you think they might run devine in the spread with slaton and white? thats what i'd do

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may see a formation like this at times: Owen Schmitt at tight end, Noel Devine in the backfield, Steve Slaton motions to slot, Pat White lines up as a receiver and the quarterback is Jarrett Brown.

[/ QUOTE ]

there will be more talent on the field with that lineup than any other team in the country could field.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there will be more talent on the field with that lineup than any other team in the country could field.....

[/ QUOTE ]

right...maybe any other team in the big east