Noel Devine finally signs wit WVU!!!

Guest JJBrickface

Ok you can dislike WVU all you want but you can't deny that it is or at the very least has the potential to be the best backfield in the nation.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

you think they might run devine in the spread with slaton and white? thats what i'd do

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may see a formation like this at times: Owen Schmitt at tight end, Noel Devine in the backfield, Steve Slaton motions to slot, Pat White lines up as a receiver and the quarterback is Jarrett Brown.

[/ QUOTE ]

there will be more talent on the field with that lineup than any other team in the country could field.....

[/ QUOTE ]

right...maybe any other team in the big east

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.....well, after what the Big East as a whole did to the ACC as a whole last season, you might as well add the ACC to that list also.....

why must you take a shot at VT and the ACC. I was not taking a shot an anybody just stating a fact because your wording was terrible. I even gave you credit in saying that WVU potentially has the best backfield in the nation. Quit being a troll and get over yourself.

dogging the big east isnt taking shots huh?

hey, sorry to state the facts but WVU would smash any acc team, sometimes the truth can be painful.

Besides no one said WVU had the best team, all I ever said was they had the best "lineup" in the country.......if you would read the posts you would know what i'm talking about.....the post that says how WVU could use slaton, devine, white, schmidt, and brown all on the field at once.....now thats a lineup and not a team......please tell me that the learning capacity of tazewell county hasn't dropped so low that reading comprehension is not taught.....bc when i was there it was......

DUDE WTF!

Please show me where i put down the big east...

WVU will not have the best "lineup" in the country. Yet again, I will say, they might have the best "lineup" in the Big East. It has nothing to do with VT. It has nothing to do with the ACC. It has nothing to do with my reading comprehension. Your statement would lead me to question your overall intelligence. Last i checked, lineups had to do with baseball. Using your reasoning, must be that WVU education, assuming you even got into WVU...which isn't that hard to do at all.

Yet again, i say, quit being a troll, and get over yourself.

Firstly we are all assuming that Devine will get a lot of playing time. I am a huge WVU fan and I am not sure they will have one of the top 5 teams in the nation next year. With the weapons on offense and Pat White becoming and actual "quarterback", they will be one of the top 2 or 3 offenses in the nation. When people talk about "best teams", they usually seem to forget that teams have a defense as well. WVU's defense is going to be better last year because of experience alone. If they run half as much zone as last year, they will continue to be beat up through the air. I honestly think they have a ligit. shot at winning the Championship next year but there are a lot of teams that have that same chance. Teams like Florida and USC will annually have great squads simply do to there recruiting classes.

So this is not a messageboard intended to take away from schools or organizations. Yes, people have their right to their opinion, but let's stop throwing right hooks at everything that is said about something that you don't like.

I love West Virgina but I am not going to jump out and say they are the best team or anything like that before the season starts. Yes, they have a very explosive offense but if their defense isn't better they are not going to be able to outscore everyone, as was evident in the Louisville game last season. I honestly do not like the ACC or VT but I am not going to say crap about them because they are a tough conference. Possibly the 2nd toughest conference in the nation and I respect any team that can win in that league. The Big East is a weak conference in football and I hope that it doesn't come down to that to decide if they will get to play for a national championship. That matter will be deciding this fall when the teams take the field for the 2007 season.

i disagree with the ACC as being the 2nd best conference in the country.......the Big East is not a weak football conference, although not the best they certainly hold their own quite well. The Big East had 3 teams finish in the top 15 last season, i don't see how you can call that weak. Out of the BCS conferences, I would rank the ACC as 5th or 6th.

You can't measure the strength of a conference based on only one season due to the up and down cycles that happen to every team, and every player in every sport. Average it out over 10 years and see what you get.

The Big East has two schools that have overachieved because of great coaching and favorable schedules. Neither have the in-state recruiting base to do it consistently.

There is no doubt that the SEC is the strongest conference followed by the Big-10. The Big-12, ACC and PAC-10 will Duke it out for 3rd in any given year. The Big East is a notch above C-USA for now but will be on par with that conference within 5-10 years.

The Big East is a weak football conference. I do agree with Big that the SEC is hands-down the best conference in America. Yes they had 3 teams finish in the top 15, but they did so by finishing the season with good records against weak teams. I love WVU football but they are in a fairly weak conference football wise. They played the other two "good" teams in the Big East and went 1-1 against them. I was wrong when I said the ACC was the 2nd best conference in America but people on here say they are weak because they don't want to admit that VT has a competitive team, year-in and year-out. I do honestly think that if teams like Florida and USC happen to go undefeated and WVU does also, the BCS commitee will pick the teams with the tougher conference schedule. The Big East ranks way below either of those teams conferences and that may cost them a chance at the title. This is of course assuming that WVU will go undefeated. We will have to until the season to find that out.

Guest JJBrickface

BigD I think your reasoning is definitely flawed. Who needs an in-state recruiting base to be consistent when they are picking great players out of other states? First off they got Noel Devine from Florida to sign and he is one of the top recruits in the nation. Besides that Coach Rod and his staff has done a great job of getting players who arent highly recruited but in reality are superstars, example: Pat White, Steve Slaton, and Owen Schmitt. WVU will be consistent.

i would as well...that is one of the reasons that football is more competitive in states such as Virginia, Texas, Florida, and California...the in-state recruiting status is so much higher

I hate when people say certain sports are more "competitive" in different states. I think that is a very poor choice of a word. I agree that in different states, there are different caliber teams. I don't think that means it is more competitive. Sports in any state are very competitive and are hard to win championships in any sport, in any state. I think the word competitive is a terrible word to describe what you are talking about.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

You won't find a perennial top-25 team who doesn't have a strong in-state recruiting base.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats your definition of perennial?

The word perennial means that year in and year out those teams are always in the top 25. I can't remember when USC or many schools in football-rich high schools have not been in the top 25. Granted those teams have to be good to get the blue chippers from their states or anywhere across the country.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

The word perennial means that year in and year out those teams are always in the top 25. I can't remember when USC or many schools in football-rich high schools have not been in the top 25. Granted those teams have to be good to get the blue chippers from their states or anywhere across the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the Rich Rodriguez era is fairly new. The team has finished in the top 25 4 out of the last 5 times and they are looking to have another strong year next year. That is with great recruits coming in.

They have only begun to get "great" recruits. Jason Gwaltney was a top 5 running back coming out and Slaton was a nobody. I have watched tape of Gwaltney and he is not as good as Slaton. I think work ethic is what makes a college football player great. Yes, the athletic ability helps but if you work hard enough you can do anything. It is not all about getting blue-chippers every year.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

They have only begun to get "great" recruits. Jason Gwaltney was a top 5 running back coming out and Slaton was a nobody. I have watched tape of Gwaltney and he is not as good as Slaton. I think work ethic is what makes a college football player great. Yes, the athletic ability helps but if you work hard enough you can do anything. It is not all about getting blue-chippers every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly thats why i pointed out in an earlier post that the coaches at WVU know how to find good players who ARE NOT blue chippers. Pat White and Steve Slaton. Owen Schmitt transferred from a Div 3 school.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You won't find a perennial top-25 team who doesn't have a strong in-state recruiting base.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats your definition of perennial?

[/ QUOTE ]

Always there