Rumor is...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

You graham people brought it up if im not mistaken. yes, bluefield owns graham on the all time record. but graham has beaten bluefield what how many times since?. I'll start with my freshman year

Bluefield 24 Graham 21 I think that was it

Bluefield 48 Graham 24

Graham 21 Bluefield 14 i believe? i wasnt here for that game

Bluefield 7 Graham 0

Graham 26 bluefield 6

So bluefield was 3-2 bluefield in the past 4 years

[/ QUOTE ]

But Graham leads 4-3 over Bluefield in the last six years...

06- Graham 26-6 (Both teams lost in State Quarterfinals)

05- Bluefield 7-0 (Bluefield was WV AA State Runner-up)

05- Graham 21-14

04- Bluefield 48-21 (Bluefield was WV AA State Champions)

03- Bluefield 24-21 (Bluefield was WV AA State Runner-up)

02- Graham 21-14 (Bluefield was WV AA State Runner-up)

01- Graham 56-8 (Graham was VA AA, D3 State Runner-up)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]? Graham was a single A school when bluefield was a triple A school..no wonder the record is so lopsided

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA, are you freaking kidding me. What a joke. You're so full of crap. Thats not at all true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it could be...see my post above...

[ QUOTE ]

"play us or shut up".....like we make the schedules..........and as far as playing bluefield goes, ask my boy tartersauce.....absolute domination agsinst any team bluefield fields....i'm talkin like 63-14 scores

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, I have no "dog" in this fight between Bluefield and Tazewell. But I've gone back and study the numbers real hard and I can only come up with three seasons since 1989 that Tazewell MIGHT have been able to beat Bluefield...and I don't even know if they played each other during this time or not.

In '89 and '90, Tazewell MIGHT have had a chance to beat Bluefield. From '91 through '00...no chance of the Bulldogs beating the Beavers. '01 is another MAYBE but only because Bluefield was terrible that year. From '02 on, Bluefield would have COMPLETELY and TOTALLY dominated the series in my opinion.

But the only way to find out for sure who would dominate who...schedule the game and play it out on the field...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

"play us or shut up".....like we make the schedules..........and as far as playing bluefield goes, ask my boy tartersauce.....absolute domination agsinst any team bluefield fields....i'm talkin like 63-14 scores

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, I have no "dog" in this fight between Bluefield and Tazewell. But I've gone back and study the numbers real hard and I can only come up with three seasons since 1989 that Tazewell MIGHT have been able to beat Bluefield...and I don't even know if they played each other during this time or not.

In '89 and '90, Tazewell MIGHT have had a chance to beat Bluefield. From '91 through '00...no chance of the Bulldogs beating the Beavers. '01 is another MAYBE but only because Bluefield was terrible that year. From '02 on, Bluefield would have COMPLETELY and TOTALLY dominated the series in my opinion.

But the only way to find out for sure who would dominate who...schedule the game and play it out on the field...

[/ QUOTE ]

actually in 94 Tazewell beat Bluefield 28-22 at Mitchell Stadium

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually in 94 Tazewell beat Bluefield 28-22 at Mitchell Stadium

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, that was the only other year that I thought might possibly be another "win" for Tazewell but looking at the other games from '91-'00, I just threw '94 into the list of potential Bluefield wins...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What was the actually diff. in enrollment, though? About 300? In Va, the Beavers would have been AA ?most? of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Bluefield's enrollment used to be significantly higher than Graham's. For many years (50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s) Bluefield's enrollment was well over 1000 students (in three grades). Even as late as 1984-85, Bluefield had over 1000 students while Graham's enrollment has hovered around 500-600 students during that same time. Only in recent years (last 15 or so) has Bluefield's enrollment dropped down to where it is now and still, Graham's enrollment has remained around 500 or so. Did Bluefield's large enrollment have some sort of role in the series dominance over Graham? Obviously. Look at the series record since Bluefield's enrollment has been on the decline...yes, Bluefield still leads the series during that time but they are not dominating the series like they did in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s when their enrollment was twice as much (or more) than Graham's was.

[/ QUOTE ]Thank you...lol

[ QUOTE ]

So your blaming grahams losses on enrollment? Cant you just say that maybe, just maybe bluefield was better then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield was better than Graham years ago and having a larger enrollment to obtain players from was part of the reason for Bluefield's domination over Graham during that time. Even though there are some exceptions to the rule, when two schools with a large difference in enrollment (ie. 2 to 1 or greater) play, MOST of the time the larger schools win...its just a fact of life...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So your blaming grahams losses on enrollment? Cant you just say that maybe, just maybe bluefield was better then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield was better than Graham years ago and having a larger enrollment to obtain players from was part of the reason for Bluefield's domination over Graham during that time. Even though there are some exceptions to the rule, when two schools with a large difference in enrollment (ie. 2 to 1 or greater) play, MOST of the time the larger schools win...its just a fact of life...

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree......its the same way in va too! ask any member of Div 3 about Div 4 teams dropping cause they cant win games at their designated level

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree......its the same way in va too! ask any member of Div 3 about Div 4 teams dropping cause they cant win games at their designated level

[/ QUOTE ]

if you knew anything about va. high school football, you would know that

schools do not choose what division they will play....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if ignorance is bliss, you are a blizzard.....if you knew anything about va. high school football, you would know that

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about?

[ QUOTE ]

if you knew anything about va. high school football, you would know that

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct! You can choose what Classification you want to play in but you have to play in the Division in which your enrollment places you.

[ QUOTE ]

hey littledog05, look at this and tell me when we played pikeview. Last time i checked bluefield plays worthy opponenets. Nobody wants to play bluefield. because there bluefield and they usually will beat you anywhere,anyplace,anytime

Heres that site, please little dog, show me where we play pikeview

http://www.swvafootball.com/Football/Schedules/Bluefield.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

lol lol lol who do ull play that is worthy in WV?????????? heck who do youll play thats worthy period????

I love you tater tot. Your post are as worthless as mine are. You have alot of jealously toward those beavs. Must have layed you at with your facemask in your teeth back in the day, or better yet you don't play f-ball cause your scared.

Obviously he has been hit in his head to many times playing. Asking a question of who has bluefield ever played in the regular season worthy.

#1 AA Scott maybe? beating them 22-0?

#2 AA James Monroe possibly?

Beating AAA Princeton

and that was just this past season

Yea i guess your right. You have no clue what your talking about. And it shows

folks tarter is in high school and completely ignorant of the caliber football teams bluefield has had consistently. Based on some of his comments, it's really not an argument worth having with him. Not that I don't do my share of pointless arguing though.

As for bluefield graham though, I have to disagree with enrollment, this bluefield with 1,000 students suggestion was brought up before and I was certain we didn't have any 1,000 students at the high school when I attended and counting the people in my yearbook, which might be a few people short in each class, 10 - 12, which were the only grades at bluefield till sometimes in the '90s, we were somehwere over 600, mid 600s maybe if I recall. It's been at least the '70s since bluefield had 1,000 students.

Bluefield was the caliber they were because of coach gainer, and then chmara.

I'm certain some people would tell you coach gainer was only successful, 84 - 6 - 1, at bluefield, because they are in wv as it is.

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously he has been hit in his head to many times playing. Asking a question of who has bluefield ever played in the regular season worthy.

#1 AA Scott maybe? beating them 22-0?

#2 AA James Monroe possibly?

Beating AAA Princeton

and that was just this past season

Yea i guess your right. You have no clue what your talking about. And it shows

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely write about things in a way that seems disrespectful, but in this case it's warranted to question exactly what makes a swd schedule hard, they basically have 2 good teams a season, sometimes 3, very rarley 4, but there's a big gap in the top 2 most commonly when there's 3 or 4 anyhow. Then when considering out of district opponents, most swd schedules simply aren't hard at all. Considering a good team would be 1 of the 2 or 3 god teams in the district, you're talking about 1 or 2 hard district games a season.

Graham almost always does well by complimenting that with formidable out of district teams, and richlands some with their scheduling of teams such as gate city or powell valley. But in my opinion you really have to have strong out of district teams to have any hard schedule in swd.

Sincerely excuse me if I'm unimpressed with the caliber schedules a lot of area or regional va. teams have, even though I have respect for the caliber teams a few schools have in the swd.

In my opinion the overall caliber of the aa districts goes up when you travel east towards the roanoke area...

[ QUOTE ]

I love you tater tot. Your post are as worthless as mine are. You have alot of jealously toward those beavs. Must have layed you at with your facemask in your teeth back in the day, or better yet you don't play f-ball cause your scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what it was..i was to scared to play lol lol lol......and yep im still in high school....lol lol lol......but to respond to the other, when did princeton and james monroe ever become tuff????

You are?? why don't play then. You fingers/mouth are very tuff. James Monroe and Princeton would beat every SWVA team the last 3 yrs except GHS, Ans RHS. RHS(only because they some very good/talented bunch of kids the last 3-4 seasons...

Well. I don't know about Princeton, but I think any of the SWD teams would have had a hard time beating James Monroe. I am not saying that they would beat you all but I think it would have been a very close game. Now next year JMHS probably won't do that good because they are losing some of that potent offensive attack, and I don't want any of you SWD fans to say "How bout those Mavs now?".

[ QUOTE ]

You are?? why don't play then. You fingers/mouth are very tuff. James Monroe and Princeton would beat every SWVA team the last 3 yrs except GHS, Ans RHS. RHS(only because they some very good/talented bunch of kids the last 3-4 seasons...

[/ QUOTE ]

i did play...im sure ive scored on ur team too

Congrats on scoring on bluefield. Give yourself a high-five for that one.

But like buzzsaw said. You're knowledge of WV Football doesent exsist, neither does your knowledge of bluefield football. So say whatever you'd like. But your just making yourself look more and more like an idiot with every word typed