Favorite Bible Character

BLU

Of the disciples I would say peter, wasn't he the 1 who attempted to walk on water when he saw Jesus out there? Because he tried so hard.

Old testimate moses, awesome story. Lots though really.

And as you said of course the obvious answer is Jesus the Son of God.

Joshua.

He more closely bears likeness to Jesus in the Bible, than any other man, by my read. Lot's of others with many tall tales and not just a few tawdy stories to go along with the mighty moves of God. Understanding the humanity of those characters shows me that the Lord can actually deal with mine. Not exactly sure how and completely in the dark as to why (though I get a hint now and again), but He definitely can use the unuseable. Joshua was quite useable, though, and shows me how those who walk close to the Lord with the faith that brings, will do mighty things.

Job to go through what he went through and come out on top, i couldnt do that... lose every single thing you have and everything that is important to you and still be able to trust God i think i could only hope to be not even half of a man that he was.

Mine isn't so much a character but rather an author for lack of a better word. Paul. I've done a lot of studying on his letters (Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, etc.) and what he has to say is incredible. If you get a chance, look through it.

Joshua, job, they're all very special characters and to be honest in's not easy to say who's really a favorite when considering they're individual stories. Moses just comes to mind. There's noah who has a great story, abraham's, ect.

Have yall ever seen the old 10 commandments movie? It's really good, but long something like 4 hours. I'm wacthing it now on dvd. It used to be on every easter night on abc but I guess a few years ago they deemed it politically incorrect.

joseph from the old testament. he showed faith in God when he was sold into slavery by his brothers, he resisted the lure of a beauiful woman, and he showed compassion instead of tking revenge on his brothers.

hasn't been on for a few years that I've seen, at least not 2, maybe not 3 that I've seen. But they had it at the mall video store for around $8 recently. It's a lot better and faster without commercials, still at least 4 hours though. It's a classic that's for certain.

Peter. He is all of us. We want to be the best we try to be, but we come up short. "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." The great thing about Peter is that he kept right on trying to as much like Christ as he could.

And in the end isn't that what we all should be doing?