Design of Mitchell Stadium's new turf...

Bluefield_Rules

This info comes from BluefieldRocks:

The turf design will be like of that of Oregon's Autzen Stadium, with lighter and darker green every five yards. The endzones will be cardinal red with with Bluefield written in white and outlined in royal blue. They still haven't decided what, if any logo will be placed at midfield.

Autzen Stadium: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...en%26rls%3DGFRC,GFRC:2006-50,GFRC:en%26sa%3DN

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks rules, so if my info is wrong just blame megrin.gif

I talked to one of the ladies in charge and she showed me pictures she had sent off to see what mitchell stadium would look like with the different changes.Believe it or not, they were actually considering putt down blue turf,But that got "vetoed" so to speak. So she showed me the pictures of what mitchell stadium would look like if they were to get the changes they wanted. and trust me when i say, that you guys will not be disappointed come the end of August.

Like Bluefield_Rules said, every 5 yards the colors will change between green and dark green. Like the University of Oregons. and in the endzone will be a cardinal red color with bluefield in red outlined in blue. Which if you dont mind me saying looks like the beavers uniforms insted of grahams or even close to being grahamsgrin.gif, sorry just had to put that in there.

There also laying down i think she said a "grey" or black along the side lines so dont be mad if its not that color come beaver/graham game. She gave me and a few of my fellow students alot of information about whats going on not only with mitchell stadium, but with that area as a whole.

She mentioned something about putting the outline or border of WV/VA at the 50 yard line with a blue star on bluefield or something like that. But like i said, that idea could change. But im almost 100% positive about everything else.

If it's undetermined, then an American flag should be in the center of the field as you couldn't go wrong with that. If not that then offset the bluefield beaver logo and graham g star logo to the 45 yardlines' respectively.

I knew they were considering the blue turf, unfortunate that was vetod, that would have been so unique. All else sounds good, graham fans can't complain about the endzone colors, after all the scoreboard that was placed in the stadium in '06 has maroon and yellow graham colors.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks rules, so if my info is wrong just blame megrin.gif

I talked to one of the ladies in charge and she showed me pictures she had sent off to see what mitchell stadium would look like with the different changes.Believe it or not, they were actually considering putt down blue turf,But that got "vetoed" so to speak. So she showed me the pictures of what mitchell stadium would look like if they were to get the changes they wanted. and trust me when i say, that you guys will not be disappointed come the end of August.

Like Bluefield_Rules said, every 5 yards the colors will change between green and dark green. Like the University of Oregons. and in the endzone will be a cardinal red color with bluefield in red outlined in blue. Which if you dont mind me saying looks like the beavers uniforms insted of grahams or even close to being grahamsgrin.gif, sorry just had to put that in there.

There also laying down i think she said a "grey" or black along the side lines so dont be mad if its not that color come beaver/graham game. She gave me and a few of my fellow students alot of information about whats going on not only with mitchell stadium, but with that area as a whole.

She mentioned something about putting the outline or border of WV/VA at the 50 yard line with a blue star on bluefield or something like that. But like i said, that idea could change. But im almost 100% positive about everything else.

[/ QUOTE ]NICE!

[ QUOTE ]

Me to. Think about it. I dont know if there are any other teams in the whole U.S. that have blue turf. If so, i say you could propbly count them on one hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure there are more than you would think.

[ QUOTE ]

Me to. Think about it. I dont know if there are any other teams in the whole U.S. that have blue turf. If so, i say you could propbly count them on one hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Bronco Stadium is also home to the only blue Astro Turf in the World. In 1986 Bronco Stadium would first install its most notable feature – the blue Astroturf (often referred to as “Smurf Turfâ€Â) for which it is best known. It was replaced in 1995, as a part of a two-year major stadium expansion which brought the seating capacity to 30,000 seats, as BSU transitioned to Division I-A status (from Division I-AA's Big Sky Conference). The sideline grandstands were extended to wrap around the corners of the south end zone, along the orange-colored Ed Jacoby Track. Also added were the Allen Noble Hall of Fame Gallery and the Larry and Marianne Williams Plaza to the southwest corner. Both are attached to the Nicholson-Yanke Athletic Center, an original part of the stadium, as is the Fedrizzi Fitness Center Annex (1988/2004) and the Bronco Football Complex (2000). Since the running track is still in use, the end zone seats remain temporary. The Astroturf was replaced during the summer of 2002 with blue AstroPlay, a more forgiving athletic field surface.

[ QUOTE ]

it'll make the other team faster too though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Grass and mud equalize speed. Field turf exposes the difference.

On grass fast teams aren't as fast as they actually are...on turf, fast teams are really fast...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On grass fast teams aren't as fast as they actually are...on turf, fast teams are really fast...

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see how that makes sense.....a speed boost would be universal for all players on turf, one would think

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see how that makes sense.....a speed boost would be universal for all players on turf, one would think

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait...you will see what I'm saying when the games start...

the point g man is making is that the worse the conditions, the closer in speed 2 teams will be, regardless of their actual speed. Example mud will equalize the speed of teams a lot more, even if each team is slower because of it, and field turf will show the biggest difference in team speed and players. Field turf compliments idividual and team speed, just as mud slows everyone down, the result being that field turf shows the real difference in speed, which is often more than what people would realize otherwise.

[ QUOTE ]

the point g man is making is that the worse the conditions, the closer in speed 2 teams will be, regardless of their actual speed. Example mud will equalize the speed of teams a lot more, even if each team is slower because of it, and field turf will show the biggest difference in team speed and players. Field turf compliments idividual and team speed, just as mud slows everyone down, the result being that field turf shows the real difference in speed, which is often more than what people would realize otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...