Marion's Field

felipeslittlebut

Marion's field is in the worst shape ever. I have come and played in and watched every home game for the last 10 years and it the field has never been this bad. It is like a desert. Grass coverage is about 50% and the grass that is left on the field is brown. It will be funny to see the reaction of CC players when they see the condition our field is in tomorrow. The game starts at 4:00 pm... Good luck to both teams...

Marion wins 5-1....

thanks you too... how is it that u and if im not mistakin abington both have bad fields (been a while since iv been there but remember it not bein that great) but are normally top of th reigan how havent yall picked up some help and got better pitchs?

Abingdon is getting a new one.... It was supposed to be completed by the end of this season but the sod has not taken root. Marion on the other hand is a Football town even though we blow at it and all the money goes twords the football field and there is no way that a soccer boot would ever touch that field.

I think Marion's field has always sucked. I played goalie for Tazewell from 98-00 and it wasnt a desert then but the entire area near the goal was nothing but a mud pit...not to mention all the ankle breaking holes. To have such a good soccer team year in and year out, marion should be ashamed of their field. Maybe they should take the focus off of football a lil since they can never seem to be any good and work more on keeping the soccer field in good shape

actually, mike cisneros' soccer boots have touched that field. but thats because he is their kicker. But the sad thing is his last year was the 2006 season in which he made all region and honorable mention in state. but thats football so i guess that doesnt matter.

[ QUOTE ]

I think Marion's field has always sucked. I played goalie for Tazewell from 98-00 and it wasnt a desert then but the entire area near the goal was nothing but a mud pit...not to mention all the ankle breaking holes. To have such a good soccer team year in and year out, marion should be ashamed of their field. Maybe they should take the focus off of football a lil since they can never seem to be any good and work more on keeping the soccer field in good shape

[/ QUOTE ]

I play goalie for tazewell now and i say that the goal box was horrible. I couldn't get enough footing to move around at all because the gravel would make me slip and slide. Granite they were good shots but made me feel helpless when i needed to dive.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play goalie for tazewell now and i say that the goal box was horrible. I couldn't get enough footing to move around at all because the gravel would make me slip and slide. Granite they were good shots but made me feel helpless when i needed to dive.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Granite"...now there's a "hard" subject...just like English is for some people...

Plow it under and build a new football field so you won't have to play your football games on the baseball field...you could probably get lots of funding for a football field...

ya know its probably not smart to talk trash to an admin...and dont tell him to get funding for around here...Graham has one of the best fields from this area...

[ QUOTE ]

ya know its probably not smart to talk trash to an admin...and dont tell him to get funding for around here...Graham has one of the best fields from this area...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but they need to turn that into the football field!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever. you can forget them ever turning the great area of east river complex into such a waste of land.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever. you can forget them ever turning the great area of east river complex into such a waste of land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt know thats where they played i thought they may have play on that field beside the middle school!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt know thats where they played i thought they may have play on that field beside the middle school!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. they recently were able to get an agreement to use the complex again, which i think is great and fortunate for soccer in the district. if i remember correctly the last few years it was on graham's HORRIBLE, crater/ditch infested football field. that field needs to be reconstructed for football in my opinion b/c i can't imagine how horrible it has to be to try and play ANY sport on that turf.