Ernie Hicks lighting installation pictures (update)

BigD4VT

[ QUOTE ]

what concert?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mickey Mcglothlin, who is running for the House of Delegates, Is sponsoring a concert at the Ernie. Country music singer Lorrie Morgan will be there, and someone else I believe. Anyway, It starts at 6pm on Saturday, June 2.

[ QUOTE ]

was there something wrong with the old lights? or just end of the lifespan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck yes they're was something wrong with the old lights... They sucked!!! Worst I've ever seen. Brightest spot was the center of the field but they tapered drastically towards the sidelines and endzones. I was told by the construction guys that the new ones will be the best I've ever seen however. The light will be even from side to side and end to end

Cool do you have any idea where i can buy a ticket at i had no idea this was going on.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

what concert?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mickey Mcglothlin, who is running for the House of Delegates, Is sponsoring a concert at the Ernie. Country music singer Lorrie Morgan will be there, and someone else I believe. Anyway, It starts at 6pm on Saturday, June 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

was there something wrong with the old lights? or just end of the lifespan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck yes they're was something wrong with the old lights... They sucked!!! Worst I've ever seen. Brightest spot was the center of the field but they tapered drastically towards the sidelines and endzones. I was told by the construction guys that the new ones will be the best I've ever seen however. The light will be even from side to side and end to end

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats cool...glad you guys got some new lights then...but, what about the field house everyone has been wanting for years? did they build that yet? I'd have done that first before lights if not...the lighting was ample...the field house would be a better place to spend the money IMHO...and if you guys would give Mike Compton a little love you probably wouldn't have to worry about either...never did figure out why he doesn't get the due respect from the Richlands crew...last i heard he was out in Tazzy? I'd want a guy that went to my school and had a superbowl ring and a long NFL career working in my program if given the chance...I don't guess I am understanding the politics behind making him go to Tazewell?

(sorry to stray off topic a bit)

[ QUOTE ]

Thats cool...glad you guys got some new lights then...but, what about the field house everyone has been wanting for years? did they build that yet? I'd have done that first before lights if not...the lighting was ample...the field house would be a better place to spend the money IMHO...and if you guys would give Mike Compton a little love you probably wouldn't have to worry about either...never did figure out why he doesn't get the due respect from the Richlands crew...last i heard he was out in Tazzy? I'd want a guy that went to my school and had a superbowl ring and a long NFL career working in my program if given the chance...I don't guess I am understanding the politics behind making him go to Tazewell?

[/ QUOTE ]

They will know something about the field house next week. They're just trying to get something basic that will serve them much better than what they have now. The lights cost pennies compared to a new building so that isn't really I factor I don't think.

Mike is loved and respected in Richlands. The Blues didn't have an opening and Tazewell did so that's where he went. I can tell you one thing though. He's going to be one heck of a coach. I've been watching him coach little league baseball in Richlands and he's very good with the kids.

[ QUOTE ]

Are you sure it's this Saturday? I checked her website and there is no mention of it on the tour schedule. Also the lights won't be ready by then

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just read yesterday that is on June 2. How will they light the place if the lights arent up? It starts at 6, so maybe they dont plan on it lasting over past 8:30 or 9:00.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They will know something about the field house next week. They're just trying to get something basic that will serve them much better than what they have now. The lights cost pennies compared to a new building so that isn't really I factor I don't think.

Mike is loved and respected in Richlands. The Blues didn't have an opening and Tazewell did so that's where he went. I can tell you one thing though. He's going to be one heck of a coach. I've been watching him coach little league baseball in Richlands and he's very good with the kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tell you what...i think i'd be making a place for Mike if i was in the Richlands front office...that's one of the few mistakes I've seen Richlands make with their program...when you have someone like Mike Compton come avail., you find a place for him.

I hope that they do build a nice field house for the kids, they work hard and they deserve a nice place.

I think the field house will happen. They really aren't asking for anything fancy. Just adequate.

Like I said, I think Mike will be a great coach but at the same time I don't think you can remove someone from the best staff in the area to make room for him... So in my opinion they avoided a mistake rather than making one

No you just make some more room or you let him help with the lower grades...whatever you want to call it...I think you have to make a place for a guy like Mike..he has too much to offer to turn him away and IMHO he's more than earned it.

Well they have one side of the feild with lights now i dont know if they can get the other side done by tonight i doubt it but the home side of the feild has lights and that is where everyone is going to be sitting for the concert. I didnt think they would have them ready for tonight.

I have to agree with you BDVT. Mike is a good guy and he is great with the kids. Also, I believe his Reds only lost one game this year. I see Mike as the future head football coach at RHS

Playing in daylight wouldn't help slick see players numbers. He'll always have an extra set of eyes in the booth with him during games. Most likely Hurst, then Hurst will try to make the halftime announcements and screw those all up.