elligibility of transfers

futbolking

Has anybody bothered to check to see if these guys are even eligible to play? Last I checked, in-state transfers are required to sit out a semester…Out of state transfers can play immediately, if they moved WITH a parent….

Transfer rules mean nothing...all you have to do is threaten the WVSSAC or VHSL with a lawsuit and your eligible to play...I know of a couple of "ambulance chasers" who would love to represent if needed...

[ QUOTE ]

In order to play this season in any sports u have to move to that state or county...

[/ QUOTE ]No….it’s a little more complicated than that…In-state transfer students must sit out a semester before they can play. Unless there’s something I’m missing…that’s what I’ve been told in the past from an athletic director or two…and a current athletic director to remain unnamed…Out of state transfers can play immediately, if they move with a parent. I guess these guys can play immediately, IF the school wants to risk forfeiting every game they play in…(the exception being of course going to an out of state school.)

If you transfer during the school year you have to sit out a semester unless you move from a different state. If you were to transfer to another school in state during the summer your eligible to play the next fall because that starts the new school year.

O.K. thanks for clarifying that.

I think it still sux that a kid would do that. I tend to believe a lot of these kids are pushed by their parents to transfer, because either they got mad at one of the coaches for “lack of playing time.†Or some other silly reason. Personally, I think if there are seniors who paid their dues in front of you, and they can get the job done…then the job is theirs…you’ll have to sit and wait your turn just like anybody else…Surely the kids who’ve been working hard at the school where the kid is going to transfer must get a little upset too, if their position is in jeopardy. It’s just a tough situation all the way around

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

In order to play this season in any sports u have to move to that state or county...

[/ QUOTE ]No….it’s a little more complicated than that…In-state transfer students must sit out a semester before they can play. Unless there’s something I’m missing…that’s what I’ve been told in the past from an athletic director or two…and a current athletic director to remain unnamed…Out of state transfers can play immediately, if they move with a parent. I guess these guys can play immediately, IF the school wants to risk forfeiting every game they play in…(the exception being of course going to an out of state school.)

[/ QUOTE ]

In regards to Will Cole, and Seth Tibbs this is what you are probably seeing......With Cole it is simple, he moves in with an uncle or his grandfather and he is eligible. With Seth Tibbs, if I am not mistaken his father teaches at Tazewell. If he transfered to a school in Richlands, and moved down there then Seth is eligible immediately. That is just my best guess, and I think that both are gone. The real question is why are our best players leaving? And can we look foward to more of the same?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In regards to Will Cole, and Seth Tibbs this is what you are probably seeing......With Cole it is simple, he moves in with an uncle or his grandfather and he is eligible. With Seth Tibbs, if I am not mistaken his father teaches at Tazewell. If he transfered to a school in Richlands, and moved down there then Seth is eligible immediately. That is just my best guess, and I think that both are gone. The real question is why are our best players leaving? And can we look foward to more of the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me even to go from graham to bluefield is compicated....Will can't just move in with a family member unless he has custody over will....also if he were to move he can't just live with one parent he has to have both parents living in WV or they have to be seperated legally

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me even to go from graham to bluefield is compicated....Will can't just move in with a family member unless he has custody over will....also if he were to move he can't just live with one parent he has to have both parents living in WV or they have to be seperated legally

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true on all counts...

[ QUOTE ]

The roberts twins transfered to bluefield last year from graham. and from what Adam said. It wasn't that difficult

[/ QUOTE ]no it wasnt difficult at all and they still live in the same crib they always have, they didnt move or anything, and it was easy for them to transfer back to graham this past year too

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The roberts twins transfered to bluefield last year from graham. and from what Adam said. It wasn't that difficult

[/ QUOTE ]no it wasnt difficult at all and they still live in the same crib they always have, they didnt move or anything, and it was easy for them to transfer back to graham this past year too

[/ QUOTE ]

im just tellin u what the principle told me and will