mitchell stadium pics 07 07 07

OU81

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im leaving for orlando on tuesday evening and will be back the next tuesday. i'll take some pics tuesday before i leave and post em since i'll miss next saturday. i hope they start putting down turf when i get back. i'm getting anxious like everyone...

I was up at the stadium today and i talked to the guys in charge of getting everything ready for the turf crew to come in and he said that they should start laying turf on saturday.

[ QUOTE ]

have they started putting turf down yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I went up there today about 4:00PM, and no turf has been layed down. They have a curb built up and filled in with the gravel. It appears that they will be ready to start laying turf down tomorrow. If you haven't had a chance to take a look at it personally I suggest you do. I find it really interesting how the process works.

[ QUOTE ]

anyone been by there lately?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an article in the paper this morning about the work being done. The turf was expected to arrive last night and they figured to begin installing it today. The article also talks about a number of other improvements being done to the stadium.

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/local_story_198230357.html?keyword=topstory

I happened to just come back from there, have some photos I'll post on the myspace after while.

They are starting at the north end and rolling it out, the endzones will be maroon. That's all I know.

The field turf is there in large rolls. They only have a crew of 4 people actually installing the turf, which is all required I guess.

yep. The backdrop of the endzone will be maroon, with BLUEFIELD being in white letters on both sides of the field outlined in Royal Blue....

They said the fence around the field will be 4 ft tall and royal blue also...Anybody else think that will look weird?

I doubt it, the fence likely won't be close to the field anyhow, from what I was told, the fence will be about where it was, but, between that and the field there will be a paved way for polive and ambulance vehicles, then the sideline simply starts.

i think it's odd that it'll say "Bluefield"... i'm all for it, but I'm sure the Graham folks won't like it. i guess they was thinking Bluefield would cover both Beaver and Graham since technically they are both "Bluefield". but who thinks of Graham as Bluefield???

Well the article in the newspaper said Bluefield WV owns the stadium and Bluefield VA pays money to play on the field

So i dont think its saying "BLUEFIELD" as in the beavers, but bluefield as in BLUEFIELD WV

But one would think they ment beavers with the maroon background and the white lettersgrin.gif

well the 5000 Graham fans that will be there will know its not beaver stadium.lets dont start this crap,we all know bluefield,wv city owns the stadium and both schools have to pay to use it.come on now.

[ QUOTE ]

There uniforms are Maroon and Gold and White, Ours are Maroon, White and Blue. Which is the same as the turf. People will know. Plus having Bluefield as our school name doesent hurt either

[/ QUOTE ]

Who really cares? We have a great new surface to play on. I don't care if Beaver logos are on every hash mark. Quit trying to start trouble where there is none...........