Richlands Field House

SALTSHAKER

The field house was suppose to be built on the parking lot near the shop building. It would have been very convenient to all the players.

It is a shame that RHS principal, Karen Webb,did not push harder to have this done - like years ago. It is even worse that the present school board cannot get off their duffs to want to get it done. It's the same ole- same ole- the SB blames the BOS and vice versa. When a player gets sick from being in that nasty locker room, I hope someone will sue the pants off the principal and the school board for allowing it to become so deplorable.

Do you recall which species of Staph. was involved? Seems to me this could be a public heath issue and, if so, where is the Health Dept? A field house was supposed to be built in the early 90's; but it was the same then as it is now... lots of talk and no action....fingers pointing in every direction...gotta love county politics. How 'bout just pitching an Army surplus tent in the parking lot and washing the players down with a garden hose...seems to be the level of concern in some folks. Of course, I could be wrong. Not likely, but possible. Ya think?

Just remember...the Tazewell Co. Board of Supervisors and the Tazewell Co. School Board are all ELECTED officials...get out and vote and make the necessary changes to get things done for the kids and the community....

[ QUOTE ]

Just remember...the Tazewell Co. Board of Supervisors and the Tazewell Co. School Board are all ELECTED officials...get out and vote and make the necessary changes to get things done for the kids and the community....

[/ QUOTE ]

AHMEN BROTHER.we need an overhaul in BOS dept. if you ask me they should all be fired.some of them dont even know what the hell is even going on around them.

After all the mumbo jumbo of Turf, lights, field house, hot tub and recliner seat at Ernie Hicks stadium, and all they ended up with was some lights!!! I think the state championship was great but it cant bring miracles.

[ QUOTE ]

After all the mumbo jumbo of Turf, lights, field house, hot tub and recliner seat at Ernie Hicks stadium, and all they ended up with was some lights!!! I think the state championship was great but it cant bring miracles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot imagine how big that field house would have to be to get all those egos inside one building.

[ QUOTE ]

The turf and field house are going to happen (see EMATS website and recent additions of local newspapers). Just not until 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have also heard that when the field is done they are going to put bleachers in a horse shoe shape around the field.. not sure if there is any truth to that!!!

Amen Gman...been there...worked hard at that. Showed up at a few meetings and just sat there with out saying a word. Kinda like the saying "smile, it makes them wonder what you're up to". It's just difficult to find electable people whose word means anything. I had hoped that the election of school board members would be an improvement over the appointment of members; but I have not seen substantial differences thus far. Anyway....let the head knocking begin!

I spoke with the perpetrator of last year's video and I got the feeling he would like a repeat. I told him I was gonna refer to him as "High Impact"...seemed like a good nickname to me. I can't wait to get this party started.

• 2 weeks later...