What is going on at AHS?

SALTSHAKER

No AD and only 3 FB coaches. And FB starts in a few weeks. Why dont they give the ADs job to Mr. Bailey he did a great job taking over in rough times in FB and when Mr. Blevins left.Who is running the show in that high school?

[ QUOTE ]

Wrong, Red Lobster. My sources in Washington County indicate that former Dennis Vaught assistant at RHS and current Smyth County administrator Sanders Henderson is heading to Abingdon to "spark" that program!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought DV was the head coach when he was at RHS..

I think you all are reading HyTek's post wrong. He's saying Sanders Henderson was Dennis Vaught's assistant and is currently the Smyth Co. administrator. By the way I read it, Henderson is the only one potentially going to Abingdon, not Vaught.

[ QUOTE ]

He was...with the exception of the '94 season. George Brown was the "official" head coach that season. If it is true about Vaught and Henderson, I will instantly become a bigger Falcon fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he missed '93 because of the suspension and Terry Wess was the coach. He was an asst. in '94 to Brown.

From what i saw today Abingdon is going to be okay. They have a good QB and some good recievers. Whoever was coaching them today had them boy's ready to go. There going to suprise some ppl this year if they keep working hard.

Im honestly thinking they can be a top 3 team in the SWD if they can carry over their sucess from today to the season. Granted its a whole different world 11 on 11. But they will suprise alot of people