Bluefield folks....

Bluefield_Rules

I wrote this with the thought that Buzzsaw could add it to the new Bluefield football page on My Space as an introduction to the program, under the "About Me" portion of the website. What do you guys think? Does it to the program justice?

High School football is more than just a game in Bluefield, West Virginia. It’s a way of life and rooted deep within the hearts of those in this southern West Virginia community. The city comes alive on Friday nights in the fall as Bluefieldians flock to the 11,000 seat Mitchell Stadium to watch their beloved Beavers battle it out on the high school gridiron. They tailgate hours before kick-off in the massive parking that sits below the stadium and then crowd into the stadium to the root the Beavers to victory. They travel in packs to away games, tailgating outside the gates of the visitor’s stadium in their RVs much to the amazement of the home crowd.

Young boys in Bluefield grow up dreaming of many things, most of them different. However, the vast majority of them share a common dream, to don the Bluefield Beaver football uniform and run onto the legendary field at Mitchell Stadium on Friday nights in the fall. Many outstandingly talented young men have donned that uniform over the decades, representing the city with class and grace. Bluefield’s tradition is long and rich with 8 WV state football championships, six of those in Class AAA and the most recent two in Class AA, and four state runner-up finishes. The program has had 10 undefeated teams in its history. Bluefield is among the Top 250 high school programs in the entire country in all-time wins with 554 and among the Top 50 in the entire country in all-time playoff winning percentage at 78%. Bluefield Beaver football is the heart and soul of Bluefield. The hearts of Bluefieldians everywhere, current and past, swell with pride when their beloved Beavers take the field.

[ QUOTE ]

I wrote this with the thought that Buzzsaw could add it to the new Bluefield football page on My Space as an introduction to the program, under the "About Me" portion of the website. What do you guys think? Does it to the program justice?

High School football is more than just a game in Bluefield, West Virginia. It’s a way of life and rooted deep within the hearts of those in this southern West Virginia community. The city comes alive on Friday nights in the fall as Bluefieldians flock to the 11,000 seat Mitchell Stadium to watch their beloved Beavers battle it out on the high school gridiron. They tailgate hours before kick-off in the massive parking that sits below the stadium and then crowd into the stadium to the root the Beavers to victory. They travel in packs to away games, tailgating outside the gates of the visitor’s stadium in their RVs much to the amazement of the home crowd.

Young boys in Bluefield grow up dreaming of many things, most of them different. However, the vast majority of them share a common dream, to don the Bluefield Beaver football uniform and run onto the legendary field at Mitchell Stadium on Friday nights in the fall. Many outstandingly talented young men have donned that uniform over the decades, representing the city with class and grace. Bluefield’s tradition is long and rich with 8 WV state football championships, six of those in Class AAA and the most recent two in Class AA, and four state runner-up finishes. The program has had 10 undefeated teams in its history. Bluefield is among the Top 250 high school programs in the entire country in all-time wins with 554 and among the Top 50 in the entire country in all-time playoff winning percentage at 78%. Bluefield Beaver football is heart and soul of the Bluefield. The hearts of Bluefieldians everywhere, current and past, swell with pride when their beloved Beavers take the field.

[/ QUOTE ]wow thats some awesome info

[ QUOTE ]

Excellemt!

I think it would be cool, to name all the players that went to D-1 colllege and what college they attended

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, get to work on that list...lol

Seriously, if I had the information of all the former players that played college football I'd compile a list for the page.

bradon sarver, he was qb in '96 and of the '97 team, his father is pete sarver, who coaches at bluefield presently....

In '96 brandon alternated with glen keene and was unfortunately injured for the season on d, about mid way through the season. Didn't effect the '96 team on the field with keene through most of the season, but it when they didn't have a back up for keene when he was injured in the semi game against east back in the 2nd quarter.

He was a back up db at ga. but punting was his specialty.

He coaches at wake forest presently.

Barbell was a great QB and an even better DB. I think he still holds the record for most interceptions in one playoff game. He was a very heady player, not to good at college football 07 though. Hopefully he has improved on 08'... LOL