Suprises, disappointments in the upcoming season.

MavsRock

I seen alot of talk about some teams, Graham in particular, that people think aren't going to be where they were last year. I'm not familar enough with Graham to know, but there are a couple of local teams that might have a surprising season in a different ways.

One of those teams is Greenbrier East. Probably the best 2-8 team in the state by far, the reason, a schedule that included teams like Parkersburg, South Charleston, James Monroe, and Princeton to name a few. There new coach seems to have changed the mentality up there, and they showed major improvement as the season went on. Let's just say the 20-21 loss at JM was as close as the score showed. They'll be a team to keep an I on.

The other didn't have quite the killer schedule but completely turned the season around at the end. Summers Co. has been a laughing stalk in WV AA. After winning there last 3 strait last season, alot of people there have high hopes heading in 2007. I don't think they'll be playing James Monroe, Bluefield or Wayne for the championship, but they could be seeing one of those teams in the postseason.

Anyone other got a team they think could surprise or stink it up?

[ QUOTE ]

Not saying its going to happen. But i'd love for richlands to "stink it up" as you say. After most of the Tornado fans on this board expect nothing less than another state title. I'd love to see them was a losing record

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me, I'd love for them to be undefeated coming in on October 19th....

[ QUOTE ]

Not saying its going to happen. But i'd love for richlands to "stink it up" as you say. After most of the Tornado fans on this board expect nothing less than another state title. I'd love to see them was a losing record

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm "disappointed" and "surprised" that a Bluefield fan would feel this way...I figured everyone in both states would be pulling for the Blues to go undefeated....:)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are like two fans from Richlands on here that are cocky...and you say most of us? I think you Bluefield fans need to step back and listen to yourselves talk about your team before you start talking crap about Richlands fans.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are like two fans from Richlands on here that are cocky...and you say most of us? I think you Bluefield fans need to step back and listen to yourselves talk about your team before you start talking crap about Richlands fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked in the mirror just as you suggested, and I'm still as pretty as ever.... grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked in the mirror just as you suggested, and I'm still as pretty as ever.... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said look in the mirror...I said listen to yourself. But, I'm sure you are pretty. lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Na man, actually you need to "step back" and realize that the reputation you have are cocky bastards. BTW, bluefield will run all over you...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I never said look in the mirror...I said listen to yourself. But, I'm sure you are pretty. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif please never say that about another man...Ever again

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont worry...you dont have to be jealous. Im sure you are just as pretty as Rules. jk lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Na man, actually you need to "step back" and realize that the reputation you have are cocky bastards. BTW, bluefield will run all over you...

[/ QUOTE ]

Point proven...

I will be surprised if Liberty(Bedford) finishes above .500 this season. But I wouldn't be disappointed if I'm proven wrong.

The addition of the southern Valley teams makes Region III much more interesting this year. At the Division 3 level, I think you'll see R.E. Lee(Staunton), Brookville, and Rustburg duke it out for the regional title. Of those three, Staunton looks like the team to beat heading into the season.