MITCHELL STADIUM PICS 08 11 07

OU81

Are they not going to outline "Bluefield" in the endzones with royal blue like originally planned? It's okay as is, but outlining it in royal blue would make it look great. And have the sand and rubber pellets been put down yet? Areas of the field look as if it has sand, so I was just wondering. The machine sitting in the endzone looks as if it's some type of sweeper and if you'll look behind it you can tell a difference in the color of the endzone.

I dont recall hearing anything about the endzone lettering outlined in blue. There was some dissatisfaction with the midlield logo and it has been modified. The field has regular sand spread in it but the black rubber pellets (actually more like rubber "sand") has not been spread into it. The paving looks to be about 90% complete in the stadium but paving in the parts of the parking lot that were torn up has just started. My guess is that the fence will start Monday, rubber will be added to the field beginning Monday, and paving will finish Monday. I would think there should be no problem getting every thing done by next Friday's scrimmages.

what is up with that thing in the middle of the field? From the other pics it looked like just an overlay...I'd almost rather see nothing as that thing in the middle.

Maybe they could put the two footballs like on the old field or something...i dont like that two state design...looks like a 3 year old made it.

[ QUOTE ]

Wasnt it at mitchell maybe 2 years ago a football player ran his head into the fence and had to be taken off in a ambulence?

[/ QUOTE ]

It happened during a Graham/Pulaski County scrimmage several years ago. A PC player trying to make a play on a pass to the corner of the endzone slide head-first into the fence on the parking lot end of the field...