Mitchell Stadium

Gunz9

If I recall correctly Mitchell Stadium was suppose to be finshed by august 15 does anybody know if it is going to be finished today or what? Guess it def. has to be done before the gridarama this weekend.

I don't think its finished yet. At 4:00pm, they were loading up some more of the rubber pellets to put down and I didn't see goalposts or the fencing. I hear they are supposed to make an annoucement today about Friday's games.

They were up late last night working on it. If it isn't ready yet, they will hopefully have it done in the next day or so. Hopefully. If not then its going to be a sad sad day for Saturday!

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think its finished yet. At 4:00pm, they were loading up some more of the rubber pellets to put down and I didn't see goalposts or the fencing. I hear they are supposed to make an annoucement today about Friday's games.

[/ QUOTE ]

No annoucement today, the meeting isn't until tonight. It would appear I might not be attending the event after all b/c I have ZERO interest in spending my day at Concord...

Yeah if it gets moved to Concord alot of people probably will be less interested in the games scheduled for Saturday. Alot of people wanting to go, are people who want to see what the new field is like. Obviously one of them is me. But if you all think about it. If it does get moved to Concord, that makes the opening of it (game wise) being the Graham Beaver Game! What better venue to show case the new turf!

Had to change my name from medic to wvmedic7. Couldn't log in otherwise...anyways........

I heard the games were on, but when I drove by at 4:00, still no goal posts or fence. Although I heard the goal posts were there, but the fence wouldn't be there til Monday. Also heard there were some concerns about playing ball with no fence around to keep kids and others out during play.

when i was there this morning before going to practice, the rubber stuff was being put down, so i'm sure that's done by now. the goal posts were also being put up i think. not for certain.