Big Creek

1inStripes

I wasen't at the scrimage, but of course I'll always be a die-hard owls fan...Surprisingly they had 30 players come out for football this year, and they still have all of them as of right now...The talent has gone down alot from ten years ago when they were in the State Championship game in 97...The offensive line will be pretty weak this year, except for one OG who is 6'4 300 pounds...And they have a pretty decent running back, who did really good last year..But without a decent offensive line, theres only so much that a good running back can do...I look for a 5-5 season

Cool. I got a reply on another forum from a guy that goes to my alma mater who said they beat Big Creek 28-0 in two quarters played. Why 2 quarters I have know idea. The head coach had been wanting to take the team to Big Creek for sometime I believe since it was his old stomping grounds in high school.

My old stomping grounds as well (1985-88). Glad to see a post regarding the Owls on this board as they are few and far between. Also heard the numbers were good this year...first in a long while. Did not attend but "heard" they held their own with Mount View and got demolished by the other team. Size and strength wise it was said they were over matched in every position. The Owls should be decent this year but I am unfamiliar with many of the teams on their schedule so will ship a prediction. It will be good just to see some good numbers out for the Owls and hopefully some experience can be gained for the future. GREEN STROKE!!!!

I really am not. I stick to the VA side of things for the most part. I was just wandering since they mentioned Big Creek staying with MV, but my alma mater took it to them last week from what I have heard.

I am trying to find out more about how Rye Cove done to be honest.

[ QUOTE ]

Amen brother beaverbaseball! I too miss the gold old days in War with the Friday night lights on and the crowd surrounding the field. I can't imagine it being much better!

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember the refs trying to quietin us down.. we had the stands a rockin

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Amen brother beaverbaseball! I too miss the gold old days in War with the Friday night lights on and the crowd surrounding the field. I can't imagine it being much better!

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember the refs trying to quietin us down.. we had the stands a rockin

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but that was from the train coming around the stadium.

I played my first ever hs football game at big creek. It was a unique place. The owl with the eyes, the green wall....green stroke, and the train coming through. Fun place, but now all that is no more. They have a ole field behind the gym. They beat down montcalm.

my first h.s. football experience as well was at Big Creek, had never been there before and sadly i've not been back since then.

At that time i didnt know about the history of Big Creek or the "Rocket Boys" either at that time, since the movie i know about the place alot better through research.

i enjoyed my football experience @ Big Creek.

i personally would love to see a lot of old schools raise back up to the places they once use to be in sports, but for most that will never be, either schools being shut down/consolidated with others or other reasons will cause this from being seen.

speaking of consolidation, are they still working on the new school for Big Creek/Iaeger or whoever it was suppose to be?

if so they could possibly end up being a good football, baseball, or basketball program, maybe?

Nice to hear others thoughts of playing at BC. If anything it was different from the norm with the train track beside the field, green wall, owl on top of the school, etc. Thanks for sharing! Only a couple more years of Owl football before the merger with Iaeger. Glad to see the Owls were big winners Friday night. A great way to begin the season for a young team.

Guest Stang02

Since they dont have the old field to play on anymore, I hate it because I remember when I made a trip down there in 1996. But where do they play there home games now? I'll be going down there in couple weeks.