Pissed off over the "dedication ceremony" at Anne S. Hunnicutt Stadium...

GMan

They recognized all the people that helped bring this to fruition like the Hunnicutt Foundation and several other "big dollar" donors of Princeton High School...BUT...they failed to mention or give thanks to the TAXPAYERS OF MERCER COUNTY!!!

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS...IF YOU RESIDE IN MERCER COUNTY YOU HELPED PAY FOR THE NEW FIELD AT ANNE S. HUNNICUTT STADIUM!!!

THE MERCER COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD PAID OVER $300,000 OF THE TOTAL COST OF THE FIELD. AND WHERE DID THAT MONEY COME FROM??? YEP, THE TAXPAYERS.

COME ON PRINCETON...GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE...IT WAS JUST THE HUNNICUTT FOUNDATION THAT PAID FOR YOUR NEW TURF...

[ QUOTE ]

They recognized all the people that helped bring this to fruition like the Hunnicutt Foundation and several other "big dollar" donors of Princeton High School...BUT...they failed to mention or give thanks to the TAXPAYERS OF MERCER COUNTY!!!

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS...IF YOU RESIDE IN MERCER COUNTY YOU HELPED PAY FOR THE NEW FIELD AT ANNE S. HUNNICUTT STADIUM!!!

THE MERCER COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD PAID OVER $300,000 OF THE TOTAL COST OF THE FIELD. AND WHERE DID THAT MONEY COME FROM??? YEP, THE TAXPAYERS.

COME ON PRINCETON...GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE...IT WAS JUST THE HUNNICUTT FOUNDATION THAT PAID FOR YOUR NEW TURF...

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad was pretty wound up about that one. The school board never wanted to do anything to help Mitchell Stadium, as it was city-owned, but they didn't bat an eye to spend all that money on Princeton's stadium.

Just typical of the old-school Bluefield-Princeton politics. The Princeton political elite won't do a thing to help Bluefield, if they can help it, but if they can do it for Princeton? It's as good as done.

[ QUOTE ]

Just typical of the old-school Bluefield-Princeton politics. The Princeton political elite won't do a thing to help Bluefield, if they can help it, but if they can do it for Princeton? It's as good as done.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is why Webster will not get the basketball HC job at Bluefield...Dale Lee is a Princeton man, he get the job and that will be the end of Bluefield basketball...

Mercer County pays so much to use the field in Va., it is a disgrace. They have to because of the heritage of the field. And Sthoset Swhot Suset Sthist Sfieldt Ssot Sneart Stot Sat Sgunt SshotT, have to out of obligation. Now thats a fact. At times they have wanted to build at BHS but were SscouldedT.

[ QUOTE ]

Mercer County pays so much to use the field in Va., it is a disgrace. They have to because of the heritage of the field. And Sthoset Swhot Suset Sthist Sfieldt Ssot Sneart Stot Sat Sgunt SshotT, have to out of obligation. Now thats a fact. At times they have wanted to build at BHS but were SscouldedT.

[/ QUOTE ]

What on earth was that? I wish I understood that.

And as was pointed out to you, Mitchell Stadium is in West Virginia. And the rent is much, much cheaper than the cost of developing a new stadium. Tazewell County went through this already. A bargain-basement stadium is going to cost in excess of a million dollars. How many years of rent will that cover for Bluefield High to play in Mitchell? The Mercer school board gets a bargain in just paying rent, and not having to pay to build and maintain a stadium.

Preach it brother.

I saw on the Roanoke news a feature on Patrick Henry's new Gainer field. (Yeah folks, Roanoke pays him tribute.) 3,000 seats, field turf, lights, concessions etc., cost a cool $4,000,000.

Now imagine the cost of a stadium to seat 5,000 to 7,000, which is the average attendance for games around here. (Not including Graham/Beaver.)

I stand corrected. You do know what these StyposT were don't you? I can't believe how you try to avoid the truth by being insulting and ignorant. These qualities are not virtues. You will see the light eventually.

[ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected. You do know what these StyposT were don't you? I can't believe how you try to avoid the truth by being insulting and ignorant. These qualities are not virtues. You will see the light eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really didn't understand what you were typing due to the typos, at least the part with the extra "s" in it.

And...what truth am I trying to avoid? I will state, again, that the Mercer County Board of Education gets an incredible bargain in renting Mitchell Stadium for BHS's use. A comparable stadium would cost at least $5 million to build.

Which light will I eventually see? That you have a deep-seated dislike for all things Bluefield?

Seriously, I don't know what you're getting at with all of this.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"and (s)those (s)who use this field so near to gun shot" I'm not sure what that's relating to, but that's what it says to clear it up.

Just face it Bluefield, Montcolm, and Pikeview are the ugly stepchilds of the MCSB. That is the way it always has been and the way it will always be. I am tired of getting mad over it and screaming, but nothing will ever change. At least Bluefield City got to design our field themselves without the direction of the school board. And I believe that we came out on top on this one.

[ QUOTE ]

Just face it Bluefield, Montcolm, and Pikeview are the ugly stepchilds of the MCSB. That is the way it always has been and the way it will always be. I am tired of getting mad over it and screaming, but nothing will ever change. At least Bluefield City got to design our field themselves without the direction of the school board. And I believe that we came out on top on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed but I'm pissed over the fact that MY tax money was used to pay for THEIR field...and I, WE, THE TAXPAYERS OF MERCER COUNTY WHO DON'T RESIDE IN THE CITY LIMITS OF PRINCETON, didn't even get any credit for it...ungrateful bastards...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"and (s)those (s)who use this field so near to gun shot" I'm not sure what that's relating to, but that's what it says to clear it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a police shooting range right behind the stadium. Right behind the scoreboard. Of course, the shooting range isn't going to be in use any time there is an event in the stadium (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

How that's relevant, or important, I don't know...

Who says these boards aren't educational. I did not know the Bluefield WV police shooting range was behind the stadium.

I can bet thet it is laid out so that they are firing into the ridge, and away from the stadium, school or other places where people frequent.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I told you not to move up there, but some people have to learn the hard way.

Would you rather own or rent? At times in the past 30 years attempts have been made by those who just dont KNOW. The political ins in the Bluefields starts with an S and ends with a T. Pikeview has a complex Princeton has a complex and MHS has a complex. Within the last 30 years only those allowed to are allowed to and graciously awarded. The bravest attempts to segregate from the city were met by newly elect {if need be} board members or long arms.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is why Webster will not get the basketball HC job at Bluefield...Dale Lee is a Princeton man, he get the job and that will be the end of Bluefield basketball...

[/ QUOTE ]just like taledega nights..." don't you put that evil on us g-man"

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]just like taledega nights..." don't you put that evil on us g-man"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not putting that evil on Bluefield...Princeton and the Mercer Co. School Board are putting it on Bluefield. Personally, I hope to God Dale Lee does not get the job...I know him, I've dealt with him, and he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He'll be nothing more than a "figure-head baby sitter" just like he was when he attempted to "coach" the golf team...

[ QUOTE ]

Would you rather own or rent? At times in the past 30 years attempts have been made by those who just dont KNOW. The political ins in the Bluefields starts with an S and ends with a T. Pikeview has a complex Princeton has a complex and MHS has a complex. Within the last 30 years only those allowed to are allowed to and graciously awarded. The bravest attempts to segregate from the city were met by newly elect {if need be} board members or long arms.

[/ QUOTE ]but the point is we don't mind renting a nice stadium like mitchell where as if we got one build it would be no better then the mavs field