Bluefield 14, William Campbell 7 -- FINAL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

but did eric never make bad passes? if im not mistaken, last year beaver tried their best to stay away from the pass unless it was a streak to matthew carter, bubble to JT, or made ansel go up and make a play on his own. and he made bad passes too

[/ QUOTE ]

Ofcourse we tried to stay away from the pass, are you kidding me man? We have JT Powell, Shawn Brooks, Allen Carter in the backfield. Why would you need to pass?

This isint '05 D.K....

Its not even about who's got more money, Who can throw the ball 5 yards farther or about who freezes up when a Linebacker gets within 5 yards of tackling them

Its simply about right and wrong, and taking McClanahan out of QB after 2 whole years was just wrong.

It will comeback to bite bluefield right in the butt

Mark my words on this day September 8th 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all understand you and Eric are friends. Just because Eric has been there 2 years he should keep his starting position. Quit your bitching. Just because you sit in the stands at every game dosent mean you know all the angles. Maybe Will is also a better leader, better student, etc. Maybe Coach Simon is looking for some more than just an athlete.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. i also am friends with eric, so that's not an issue here. i'm not saying anything you said was wrong, but im not agreeing either because nobody but coach simon knows how he thinks. but i dont think eric isn't QB because hes not a better leader or student. the kid's got GREAT leadership skills, and has a great head on his shoulders. just the beginning of this year he has a long span of mixed emotions caused by a surprise pregnancy, and from there on he had to make a decision. either work or school. he stayed in school, but his grades suffered from the 4-close job he had all year, including summer school. he knows he made a mistake and showed his heard and leadership by fixing it as best he could.

yes, he lost his starting position over it. but i dont believe he lost his reputation as a leader. will is a great leader in the huddle and in school, but eric is as well. im not trying to take all the credit away from him, im just arguing the boo's from the stands.

that you all for your support of the team, those of you who see both sides and agree with me.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

A player doesnt win a game. A team does. Anyone who blames a player for a loss does not understand the true meaning of a "team". A team steps up when one of their own isnt playing well. no one person loses. win as a team, lose as a team.

moving on...

I dont care who you are, but if you are a beaver fan then you stick up for your players. You dont go to the game and sit and wait for a player to make a mistake in order to yell for someone else to come in. We are all beavers in the end. Will earned the starting job. eric just wasnt there when it mattered over the summer. he slipped up and made some mistakes but he worked hard to fix them. He is doing an excellent job on defense, and working hard. I commend eric on that. However, Will Cole has played well too. he has one INT in three games, and hasnt surrendered a fumble yet ( you may call it freezing, i call it smart). he earned the job in freddy simons eyes. thats what matters. Dont come on here and want him exiled just cause he is from graham and his family has money.Not to mention he must have pretty big juevos to come to bluefield from graham, esp. being the qb. His money had nothing to do with why he is starting, cause i know freddy and fritz are out there looking for rings not money. They take pride in their teams, and i know they hate to lose. Same with the team. they want to win states. and right now we are undefeated after three games, the last time since 2004, but did we try to change QBs then? no. If its not broke then you dont fix it. We should all be just living in high heaven after fridays games. instead we cant agree on a starting Qb. Friday was an amazing game and we can not celebrate it? we cant commend a kid on a great drive down the field? we say he didnt have anything to do with it? We should stick behind all our players in every aspect of the game. No matter what. We let other people (Gman) and others to come in and talk crap about our players. We need to back our players. not yell at freddy to take them out. They are out there playing their hearts out and we are sitting on our butts. Cheer for your team. Since when do you hope a player has a bad game, or look for him to screw up? THAT IS NOT A REAL BEAVER FAN. i bleed maroon and white (sometimes chmara blue) every day i live. Im a beaver born and beaver bred, and when i die ill be a beaver dead. No matter what player plays ill support him. If eric gains the starting job back, i dont care. i want to win. If he can win, great. But so far Cole is winning. no i correct myself, the TEAM is winning. Thats what matters. right now the team is winning, and has given us one of the greatest games in the past few years. This is one of the most talented teams beaver has seen lately. Yet everyone thinks we HAVE to argue over who is the starting QB? Cole has played smart one INT and no fumbles (you may call this "freezing" but i call is smart football). His arm led us to an exciting win. and Gman why where their "gimme" passes? Because WCambell had to respect cole's arm cause he could stretch the field and beat the defense over the top. give credit where credit was due. He was the leader of a game winning drive, something VERY few high schools QBs can do. We should be talking about the accomplishments he has done, not the mistakes he has made. WE SHOULD BE CELEBRATING! beaver football is undefeated! If you are truly a beaver fan, then you support EVERY player on that roster. Game in, game out. that is what it means to be in beaver nation. i have one question for you... Are you in?

[ QUOTE ]

Im not "bitching", Im just simply stating that I think eric should have had a shot at QB this year. Is there any right or wrong in what im saying? maybe, maybe not...

Well just have to wait and see

[/ QUOTE ]

and i agree with that. the graham game when will was a little shaky, i personally went up to coach simon and asked that he put eric in for a little bit to let will calm down and re cooperate. he said no because will has to learn to come through in tough atmospheres, and he must crawl before he walks. but i DID ask for eric. and i did want him to get a chance.

the princeton game i went up to fritz with 5 minutes to go in the game and asked "what about eric for a little bit?" he said he knows and he's planning on it. i know it never happened, and i didn't follow up on fritz's reasoning mainly because we won and i didn't care right then. but i tried.

so i AGREE with you Big Man that eric deserves a chance. i want him to go in and throw 200yds. for 3 td's! but until the coaches decide it's his turn, or will can't go for a game, i want to ask you that you support us. it's not the team's decision who plays, it's the coaches. so please, PLEASE don't take it out on us.

once again, im sorry we got into it like this but i'd had enough of people being around me saying how bad will is and how eric should be put in every incompletion. i support my team and coaches, and we trust each other. and you can trust that coach will put in the person who will get the job done best. if somebody's got 4ints, they wont be in there the rest of that game. but until that decision has to be made, let's be thankful that like beaverhokie said, we do have this problem. because 6 months ago, we were looking for a QB who was eligible to play! now we have 3 that can get it done. it's kinda funny how we're arguing over this...it's like arguing over a warm chocolate chip cookie in white milk, versus a warm chocolate chip cookie in chocolate milk! either way we get a warm cookie AND milk...im finished.

Big Man thank you for being clear about will. im glad you dont hate him, and im glad that you're a good friend (as i am) to eric as well. i just hope you understand where i'm coming from that it's not our decision who plays, it's the coach. i'm rooting for who ever's in the game, and whether it's will or eric, i can honestly say i feel confident with them both.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

if it hits both your hands then you should catch it. False brooks has two fumbles, only one was a turnover however. And i think brooks is one of the best players we have, maybe the best, however he makes mistakes too. But no one runs home to get on the message board and talk crap about him like they do cole.

[/ QUOTE ]this is true but his only "offical" fumble was against princeton

[/ QUOTE ]

anytime you put the ball on the ground it is an "offical fumble", but when the defense recovers it is a "lost fumble".

[/ QUOTE ]

right but the play was blown dead so he was ruled down

[ QUOTE ]

it's kinda funny how we're arguing over this...it's like arguing over a warm chocolate chip cookie in white milk, versus a warm chocolate chip cookie in chocolate milk! either way we get a warm cookie AND milk...im finished.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think White Milk goes better personally. Chocolate milk and Chocolate chip cookies just dont go well

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

if it hits both your hands then you should catch it. False brooks has two fumbles, only one was a turnover however. And i think brooks is one of the best players we have, maybe the best, however he makes mistakes too. But no one runs home to get on the message board and talk crap about him like they do cole.

[/ QUOTE ]this is true but his only "offical" fumble was against princeton

[/ QUOTE ]

anytime you put the ball on the ground it is an "offical fumble", but when the defense recovers it is a "lost fumble".

[/ QUOTE ]

right but the play was blown dead so he was ruled down

[/ QUOTE ]

i think we are talking about different plays...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

it's kinda funny how we're arguing over this...it's like arguing over a warm chocolate chip cookie in white milk, versus a warm chocolate chip cookie in chocolate milk! either way we get a warm cookie AND milk...im finished.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think White Milk goes better personally. Chocolate milk and Chocolate chip cookies just dont go well

[/ QUOTE ]

I say chocolate milk..lol... everyone eat some cookie crisp with chocolate or cinnamon toast crunch or reeses all with chocalae milk ..lol