Bluefield 14, William Campbell 7 -- FINAL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

as me and bluefield rocks sit in the stands at mitchell stadium gazing over the best field in wv high school football. william campbell is putting on a show. a very cocky show we might add. we hope bluefeld will shut them up quick. we will try to continually give updates as the mighty bluefield beavers take on william campbell...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

no score end of first. bluefield drove down the field to the inside the ten to come up with no points. bluefield so far has dominated the defensive side. bluefield is now inside the 20 with 9 minutes left in the first half...

Still 7-7 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Bluefield just tried a 44 yard field goal, long enough, just wide.

Interesting, Bluefield went with a 3 back, 2 TE set. Bowes was in the backfield, and McClanahan was at TE.

Total offense through 3 quarters: Bluefield 152 yards, WC 137 yards (I think).

[ QUOTE ]

and he's still garbage.. lol

Rules, How many bad/crappy passes did you see from Cole tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but he hit the one perfectly that mattered. McClanahan would never had made that throw. Congrats, what a game!

HUGE freakin' win tonight. As expected William Campbell was big, quick, and athletic....and cocky. Yeah Rocks, Cole made some pretty ugly passes. HOWEVER, when the game was on the line he lead the team down the field and threw a beautiful pass to Ponder for the TD. The kid did the same thing against Graham. After Graham scored to make it 20-6 he lead a 95-yard TD drive, most of which was through the air. At this point, the kid has proven to be clutch.

As I said in a previous post, this was a game for Bluefield that would prepare them for Richlands. I was told today that William Campbell has an enrollment around 330. Don't know if that is true or not, but give them their props for being that good. It was a good pickup game for the Beavers. Never hurts to play good competition. Good job Bluefield.

Regardless of who Bluefield faces the rest of the season, regular or playoffs, they won't see another team with the speed, quickness, and athletes of William Campbell. This game challenged Bluefield like none other will this season in the fact their usual speed and athletic advantage was neutralized. For the defense to only allow 150 total yards, nearly half of which came on a single play in the first half, is very impressive. WC ran the WVU spread offense and they certainly have the athletes to do it from the tailback to the QB to the receivers. It was a real battle and Bluefield was fortunate enough to come out on top. The players, coaches, and fans should enjoy this one for a couple of days with an off-week next weekend.

[ QUOTE ]

HUGE freakin' win tonight. As expected William Campbell was big, quick, and athletic....and cocky. Yeah Rocks, Cole made some pretty ugly passes. HOWEVER, when the game was on the line he lead the team down the field and threw a beautiful pass to Ponder for the TD. The kid did the same thing against Graham. After Graham scored to make it 20-6 he lead a 95-yard TD drive, most of which was through the air. At this point, the kid has proven to be clutch.

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad was there, and he told me, about Cole: "When he's good, he's good. But when he's bad, he's awful" Lots of potential there, but just makes some awful throws. Sounds like he has more upside if he can keep working on it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad was there, and he told me, about Cole: "When he's good, he's good. But when he's bad, he's awful" Lots of potential there, but just makes some awful throws. Sounds like he has more upside if he can keep working on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cole's the type of player that one minute will have you pulling your hair out and the next screaming at the top of your lungs in celebration. There's definitely potential there and as I said earlier, to this point in the season he's proven to be clutch when the team needs a scoring drive.

from what the radio guys said Blfd definitely dodged a major bullet on that 'horribly thrown ball' by Cole when WC hit him late. They said it was a terrible throw and sounded baffled by it but that penalty might've saved the day!