christiansburg 43 giles 13 who picked this one?

zack

Giles was totally dominated from the start. CBurg has a ton of speed and Giles came out like against Blacksburg and not ready to play and it cost them a big loss tonight. Well that's why they play the game and Giles will get better no doubt they just need to be ready at the start of the game when district games start in a few weeks. But still have Wytheville and Lebanon left in the non district schedule along with Narrows......Im sure coach Ragsdale will have this team focused from here on out. At least I hope so.

Congrats to CBurg on a very well played game tonight and good luck to them the rest of the season. No doubt the better team won tonight!

That me be the shocker of the week. Worst Giles loss since Powell Valley 41-6 in the 2004 playoffs!

Not a reflection of how Giles can play. As was said, I think last week's game may have made them overconfident. No doubt Giles' defense is struggling after 2 weeks, I'm really surprised by that. Ragsdale needs to get them to re-group this week big-time.

Christiansburg will suprise people this year. They have good speed, and their coach knows how to exploit a defense. We couldnt get anything going. Fumbled the ball on the 1st play of the game. At least 3 other snaps went out in space too. Missed tackles, blown assignments. You cant do things like this against good teams. We still have work to do. This team has potential to be better than last year.Good luck to both B-Burg and C-Burg the rest of the year. I still say B-Burg is the better team.

I honestly don't see this team having the ability to be better than last year...I'd really like to know where you see that. OL will never be as good as last years no way no how. I could be wrong but i can't see this team anywhere near as good as last years

The reason I say that is because the defense can equal last years, and the backfield is much more explosive.Last year we had 2 solid backs, and 1 great back in Tanner. It made us more 1 dimentional. Sure we pushed most people around, and ran 5 plays over and over and still had our way, but in the state game we needed a little more. The line isnt as good, but is still very solid. We can strike the distance out of all 3 backfield spots this year, and that makes us more dangerous. Douthat(our starting TB,and fastest) can pass as good as I've seen in a while. He didnt dress out Friday, and we need him to be healthy. Beating Blacksburg was huge, and for us to be able to even do that says a lot about this team. The potential is there, but the chemestry hasnt gelled yet. Narrows is a little young yet, but we will know where we stand after the George Wythe game. C-Burg was excited, well prepared, and they just handed us our butts. Its probably good for us. It will make us tougher.