best high school offense

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I have to say I believe the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life is Giles running the single wing it combines two of the most powerful plays in football the FB trap and the TB power but does seem require a good line (lots of pulling and trapping)

I perfer what we do at haysi various I, split backs, and shotgun formations simply get players in a position where they can make plays

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I have to say I believe the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life is Giles running the single wing it combines two of the most powerful plays in football the FB trap and the TB power but does seem require a good line (lots of pulling and trapping)

I perfer what we do at haysi various I, split backs, and shotgun formations simply get players in a position where they can make plays

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. Giles offense from what i hear is taught at at very young age to the upcoming players and when they get going in high school it is impossible to stop.(and yes i know it can be...ex christiansburg)

Guest BB_TWEEDER

"""I

have to say I believe the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life is Giles running the single wing it combines two of the most powerful plays in football the FB trap and the TB power but does seem require a good line (lots of pulling and trapping)"""

I dissagree with the single wing doesnt require a good line... The Single WIng offense wouldnt stand a chance if it wasent for a good line... any amount of penatration and its all hell in the back field.

The single wing(with the spinning fullback) does not require a "BIG" line. The linemn have to be smart and execute. The nature of the offense allows for good blocking angles and pulling (or trapping) linemen. A small(not weak) well diciplined line can be successful with the single wing.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I never said they had to be big and strong... I said the single wing needs a good line...a small smart well technique lineman is better than a strog dumb lineman. all im saying is the offense needs a good line to run it... a average line could not support the Single wing. you have too many pulling, counters, traps, and exchanges for a average line to block for... one person in the backfield is all it takes for all hell to break loose.