VT

dawgs05

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

If WVU had a defense they'd be dangerous and if VT had an offense they'd be dangerous. Put WVU offense with the VT defense and they'd beat anyone else in the country. Right now USC, LSU, Oklahoma, and Florida are the cream of the crop of college football with everyone else at least one step below. And putting Oklahoma and Florida on the same level as USC and LSU might be a stretch...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt say its a stretch. Flordia and Oklahoma are very taleted. I think Flordia will beat LSU neways.

[ QUOTE ]

WVU will lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

what weight?... cause it wont be on the field.. got a link to show why they will lose or why you think that... and who you think could possibly beat them? surely not looserville...

[ QUOTE ]

If WVU had a defense they'd be dangerous and if VT had an offense they'd be dangerous. Put WVU offense with the VT defense and they'd beat anyone else in the country. Right now USC, LSU, Oklahoma, and Florida are the cream of the crop of college football with everyone else at least one step below. And putting Oklahoma and Florida on the same level as USC and LSU might be a stretch...

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU aint a step below nobody... this same mteer team beat the SEC champion 2 years ago... they are only 2 years older and 2 years better now... PLUSSSSS now have Noel Devin to sure things up... how soon we do forget..We played 2 chumps and an ACC team that could win the league... so that means we have played 3 chumps, and havent showed anything yet.. cant wait to see Rich Rod open up the offense

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

WVU will beat louisville by 14 @ Morgantown

WVU will win by 7 at USF

[/ QUOTE ]

...and still not play for the NC javascript:void(0)

frown.giffrown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So you get a vote in the bcs?

if WVU goes undefeated... no wait... when WVU goes undefeated they will play for the NC

[ QUOTE ]

WVU will lose to Louisville AND USF

[/ QUOTE ]

im glad vpi fans only think they know everything.... i was scared there for a sec... lose to looserville... i almost peed my self i laughed so hard when i read that........lol

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with that...now cant everyone jsut leave the WVU-VT crap alone..its really getting old..

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was only a way to solve it on the field. As for now, it's always going to be a huge debate.

Based on past performances, I would say that WVU will lose a game or two this year. That's not a personal attack on WVU fans, that's just my speculation. I would say that somebody like Louisville or Rutgers would really be able to exploit weakness in the defense.

The other thing, USC will go undefeated and either LSU or Florida will go undefeated, leaving WVU out of the National Championship game. We've seen already that the 'eers won't get enough votes, regardless of wins to keep them up in the polls.

if more than 2 bcs teams go undefeated the bcs will explode... trust me they dont want that.... WVU has shown thay can beat the SEC champion with the same kids they have up there now... but you are right they will get no respect

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU aint a step below nobody... this same mteer team beat the SEC champion 2 years ago... they are only 2 years older and 2 years better now... PLUSSSSS now have Noel Devin to sure things up... how soon we do forget..We played 2 chumps and an ACC team that could win the league... so that means we have played 3 chumps, and havent showed anything yet.. cant wait to see Rich Rod open up the offense

[/ QUOTE ]

Newsflash, LSU and Florida are both soundly better than Georgia two years ago. Keep those WVU-tinted glasses on though, and keep believing even if your sense of reality is warped...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

WVU will lose to Louisville AND USF

[/ QUOTE ]

im glad vpi fans only think they know everything.... i was scared there for a sec... lose to looserville... i almost peed my self i laughed so hard when i read that........lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I hat to break it to WVU fans but the worst thing that could have happened to them is for Louiville to lose. Now louville has nothing to lose when they play WVU. They have tasted loss and dont want to again. Trust me, all they want now is to beat WVU. And id say after watching the past 2 games, they might want to watch out for a lot of teams other than L'VILLE and USF. watch out this weekend eer's...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Newsflash, LSU and Florida are both soundly better than Georgia two years ago. Keep those WVU-tinted glasses on though, and keep believing even if your sense of reality is warped...

[/ QUOTE ]

NEWS FLASH so is WVU... much better than they were. yall are surprised everytime WVU wins...lol face it WVu is loaded.. may not be for long but right now they are.. 2 years ago they took a bunch of freshmen and beat the SEC champion.. 75 % of the team were freshmen or sophs... now two years later those same guys are juniors.. what does that mean you might ask my friend... 2 years of experence on top of that talent. But blind people like you will never give them their just dues... even if they go undefeated and whip either lsu or usc in the bcs championship

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NEWS FLASH so is WVU... much better than they were. yall are surprised everytime WVU wins...lol face it WVu is loaded.. may not be for long but right now they are.. 2 years ago they took a bunch of freshmen and beat the SEC champion.. 75 % of the team were freshmen or sophs... now two years later those same guys are juniors.. what does that mean you might ask my friend... 2 years of experence on top of that talent. But blind people like you will never give them their just dues... even if they go undefeated and whip either lsu or usc in the bcs championship

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax. The entire world isn't out to get WVU unlike some of the paranoid fans believe. WVU has an outstanding offensive team, but their defense is very suspect and would struggle against an LSU, USC, Florida, or even Oklahoma. Should they end up facing an LSU, USC, or Florida I'd be willing to make a friendly wager...

Let's do a little homework and look at this:

VT's schedule:

09/01 E Carolina, W 17-7

09/08 at #2 LSU, L 48-7

09/15 Ohio, W 28-7

09/22 W & Mary

09/29 UNC

10/06 at #15 Clemson

10/13 at Duke

10/25 #14 BC

11/01 at Ga Tech

11/10 Florida St

11/17 Miami

11/24 at Virginia

Analysis:

Feasible best-case scenario: 11-1

Likely: 9-3

Feasible worst case scenario: 7-5

As is the case with VT, most of the time (LSU excepted), there are no "automatic losses" on the schedule. It's not a leap of faith to see this team going 11-1 if Tyrod Taylor develops well, if the rest of the offense wakes up from whatever coma they're in, and if the defense lives up to its billing.

However, the two losses I see right now are Boston College and Georgia Tech. Boston College looks like a conference champion right now. No doubt in my mind, they're the most well-rounded team in the conference. Georgia Tech will give VT fits. Tenuta's defense is in good shape right now, and with an offense that is 14th in the nation in rushing, and 25th in scoring, I see trouble there.

Don't count out Clemson and Florida State just yet. Harper is one of the best freshman quarterbacks in the country, and with their potent running attack, this game is means for concern. Florida State just flat out has the athletes. The transition to Jimbo Fisher's offense is hurting that team badly, as of the moment. However, if they get hot, it could be interesting. Again, they probably won't win, but it's not automatic.

WVU's schedule:

09/01 W Michigan, W 62-24

09/08 at Marshall, W 48-23

09/13 at Maryland, W 31-14

09/22 E Carolina

09/28 at #23 S Florida

10/06 at Syracuse

10/20 Miss St

10/27 at #11 Rutgers

11/08 #18 Louisville

11/17 at Cincinnati

11/24 UConn

12/01 Pittsburgh

Analysis:

Feasible best-case scenario: 12-0

Likely: 11-1

Feasible worst case scenario: 9-3

It's certainly possible, if WVU can stop sleepwalking through parts of football games, they can go 12-0. There's no one on the schedule that should be favored to win.

However, watch out for Rutgers. They, too, have a Heisman-calliber back, and the game is away. Also, I'm not convinced yet (and I'm not with VT, either) that this team can give four quarters of solid football. They look like world-beaters at times, and make even Maryland look competitive at times.

Don't sleep on South Florida or Louisville, either, especially with South Florida away. That program is probably the most underrated in the country right now. Also, Louisville's offense is always title-worthy. Their defense is always mediocre. A high-scoring shootout which can go either way.

I would add Cincinnati to this list, but I'm inclined not to. That program's on the way up, trust me. It wouldn't shock me to see them crack a top-25 later this year.

This is my take, and since I've probably made everyone's blood boil, I'll take my leave.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

if WVU goes undefeated... no wait... when WVU goes undefeated they will play for the NC

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU fans and their clear perception of reality... gotta love it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'M A HOMER WHAT YA EXPECT

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And a realist.....WVU goes undefeated and there is 2 teams or less who go undefeated......WVU goes to the NC title game

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And a realist.....WVU goes undefeated and there is 2 teams or less who go undefeated......WVU goes to the NC title game

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt be so sure about that...I think some one loss teams could posibbly end up ranked ahead of WVU. I mean they havnt lost yet, but they keep getting pushed down the rankings. I think the SOS is catching up with them.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt be so sure about that...I think some one loss teams could posibbly end up ranked ahead of WVU. I mean they havnt lost yet, but they keep getting pushed down the rankings. I think the SOS is catching up with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

As of now, our schedule is good enough.........but the louisville loss hurts our schedule, but USF and Cincy's big wins have really bolstered it.....Rutgers is solid

Also, another sign of being respected is when losing to a team with a winning record and a possible bowl victory is considered an upset.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As of now, our schedule is good enough.........but the louisville loss hurts our schedule, but USF and Cincy's big wins have really bolstered it.....Rutgers is solid

Also, another sign of being respected is when losing to a team with a winning record and a possible bowl victory is considered an upset.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Any one loss team out of the SEC will play in the National Championship over WVU.

WVU is a very good football team but they are not the best team in the nation as all WVU fans are proclaiming.

Their strength of schedule is garbage, and as of this point in the season, they aren't even putting up quality wins against them.

P.S. - Beware of South Florida... or this conversation of WVU and National title will be gone! haha

I was hoping my prior post would stop this. I guess not.

A few objections:

1. It is highly doubtful that a one-loss team from the SEC would earn a national title nod over an undefeated Big East team. Maybe on "NCAA Football '08", not in real life. Heavens, the last undefeated team from the SEC didn't even play for a national title. Florida got the stamp of approval last year since all but one team had one loss or more, and Florida's BCS tally was higher.

2. Their strength of schedule compares favorably with other "area-favorite" teams, such as Virginia Tech. If you see my previous post, it's scary how similar the schedules look. Three top-25 teams on each schedule. One top-5 team with a I-AA team for VT, mid-level I-A teams for WVU. Hmmm...

Lest you accuse me of being a Mountaineer "homer", look at my name and previous post on the matter.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That ambush that WVU laid on Jawja in the Sugar Bowl two years ago won't happen again, the SEC schools have two more years of book on WVU's offense and Meyer's own offense to examine prior to any game with the Mounties.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That ambush that WVU laid on Jawja in the Sugar Bowl two years ago won't happen again, the SEC schools have two more years of book on WVU's offense and Meyer's own offense to examine prior to any game with the Mounties.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if u have watched any WVU games but Meyer def is not their coach and their styles are way different and i'm not sure but i would say RR was doing his thing down in Tulane with Shuan King years ago and no one has stopped the O yet...the thing is WVU is way better lets look at the facts here years ago WVU may get a stud in the program by luck or great recruiting (look at Pat and Slaton's ranking coming out of college) now they get top prospects like Noel and have a shot at the best QB in the Nation Terelle Pryor(between them and Ohio State) so with so of the top players in the nation coming into the program with an offense that always has a new wrinkle or two they will be able to compete againist any team in the nation (feel free to ask any team in GA about them and bowl games)

[ QUOTE ]

I was hoping my prior post would stop this. I guess not.

A few objections:

1. It is highly doubtful that a one-loss team from the SEC would earn a national title nod over an undefeated Big East team. Maybe on "NCAA Football '08", not in real life. Heavens, the last undefeated team from the SEC didn't even play for a national title. Florida got the stamp of approval last year since all but one team had one loss or more, and Florida's BCS tally was higher.

2. Their strength of schedule compares favorably with other "area-favorite" teams, such as Virginia Tech. If you see my previous post, it's scary how similar the schedules look. Three top-25 teams on each schedule. One top-5 team with a I-AA team for VT, mid-level I-A teams for WVU. Hmmm...

Lest you accuse me of being a Mountaineer "homer", look at my name and previous post on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

But this has nothing to do with VT. WVU's chance of makng the nation championship has nothing to do with VT's schedule. I admit VT's schedule isnt that strong. But I dont see why you say WVU has a better chance of making the NC just because they have a similar strength of schedule as VT. And I can definetly see a one lose SEC of even PAC-10 team making the NC before an undefeated WVU.