VT

dawgs05

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I was hoping my prior post would stop this. I guess not.

A few objections:

1. It is highly doubtful that a one-loss team from the SEC would earn a national title nod over an undefeated Big East team. Maybe on "NCAA Football '08", not in real life. Heavens, the last undefeated team from the SEC didn't even play for a national title. Florida got the stamp of approval last year since all but one team had one loss or more, and Florida's BCS tally was higher.

2. Their strength of schedule compares favorably with other "area-favorite" teams, such as Virginia Tech. If you see my previous post, it's scary how similar the schedules look. Three top-25 teams on each schedule. One top-5 team with a I-AA team for VT, mid-level I-A teams for WVU. Hmmm...

Lest you accuse me of being a Mountaineer "homer", look at my name and previous post on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

But this has nothing to do with VT. WVU's chance of makng the nation championship has nothing to do with VT's schedule. I admit VT's schedule isnt that strong. But I dont see why you say WVU has a better chance of making the NC just because they have a similar strength of schedule as VT. And I can definetly see a one lose SEC of even PAC-10 team making the NC before an undefeated WVU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly..

No matter what I would almost guarantee that a one loss Florida or LSU, or even maybe a one loss USC or Oklahoma, would play for a NC over WVU.

I'm not saying it's right but it could and would more than likely happen.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I was hoping my prior post would stop this. I guess not.

A few objections:

1. It is highly doubtful that a one-loss team from the SEC would earn a national title nod over an undefeated Big East team. Maybe on "NCAA Football '08", not in real life. Heavens, the last undefeated team from the SEC didn't even play for a national title. Florida got the stamp of approval last year since all but one team had one loss or more, and Florida's BCS tally was higher.

2. Their strength of schedule compares favorably with other "area-favorite" teams, such as Virginia Tech. If you see my previous post, it's scary how similar the schedules look. Three top-25 teams on each schedule. One top-5 team with a I-AA team for VT, mid-level I-A teams for WVU. Hmmm...

Lest you accuse me of being a Mountaineer "homer", look at my name and previous post on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

But this has nothing to do with VT. WVU's chance of makng the nation championship has nothing to do with VT's schedule. I admit VT's schedule isnt that strong. But I dont see why you say WVU has a better chance of making the NC just because they have a similar strength of schedule as VT. And I can definetly see a one lose SEC of even PAC-10 team making the NC before an undefeated WVU.

[/ QUOTE ]

could be 'cause the OCS for the SEC is horible... look who they play... and last year WVU was ranked ahead of FLA before they lost to loserville. ESPN Ms Tokyo Rose her self wouldnt even let that happen 'cause it would bring up playoff talk and damage the BCS

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know if u have watched any WVU games but Meyer def is not their coach and their styles are way different and i'm not sure but i would say RR was doing his thing down in Tulane with Shuan King years ago and no one has stopped the O yet...

[/ QUOTE ]

No one has stopped them? Please explain South Florida just last year in Mo-Town. If I remember correctly, WVU scored just 19 points and that loss cost them a BCS at large bid.

And before you take a dump on Urban Meyer's coaching, remember that only ten months ago the Heisman Trophy winner eked out a paltry 86 yards in a humiliating defeat at the hands of the team tht he coaches.

Oh, I left out one more thing. You're right, the offenses of WVU and UF are different, Florida's quarterbacks can throw.

[/ QUOTE ]could be 'cause the OCS for the SEC is horible...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well one of those SEC schools scheduled the mighty, mighty, hokies, and we saw how that turned out. The game was out of hand after LSU's fourth possession. (Williams 60+ yard touchdown run.)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know if u have watched any WVU games but Meyer def is not their coach and their styles are way different and i'm not sure but i would say RR was doing his thing down in Tulane with Shuan King years ago and no one has stopped the O yet...

[/ QUOTE ]

No one has stopped them? Please explain South Florida just last year in Mo-Town. If I remember correctly, WVU scored just 19 points and that loss cost them a BCS at large bid.

And before you take a dump on Urban Meyer's coaching, remember that only ten months ago the Heisman Trophy winner eked out a paltry 86 yards in a humiliating defeat at the hands of the team tht he coaches.

Oh, I left out one more thing. You're right, the offenses of WVU and UF are different, Florida's quarterbacks can throw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm no one took a shot at Meyer i've liked him since he coached at Utah there buddy boy and sorry but saying they beat a way overrated Ohio State team with a way overrated QB isnt the big deal your making it out to be...and wow we learned last year w/o slaton and white healthy they could lose to USF (by the way im pretty sure that the same team that recently beat one of the top teams in the SEC and dont give me any Mississippi State crap every dog has its day) and since we are talking about taking shots if u havent watched any wvu games Pat can throw besides the Maryland game where it was not his best but ur not going to have a great game every game for four years, but imo why would u throw it and risk it when u can run???

Is it just me or does it seem that only hokie fans are saying an undefeated WVU will not play in the title game........i thought we were dropping the WVU vs vt stuff?

Jealousy is such a bitter thing guys.......

[ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or does it seem that only hokie fans are saying an undefeated WVU will not play in the title game........i thought we were dropping the WVU vs vt stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is just a Hokie fan saying that WVU won't go undefeated so they won't have to worry about playing in a national title game..

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not all Hokie fans. I know of at least one UVA fan and one Gator fan that have said that...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Go Hokies! You just squeaked by another powerhouse of college football and at home! Congrats on the Big Win! William and Mary better beware!

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you start this VT/WVU stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha....yeah but we agreed to quit

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Go Hokies! You just squeaked by another powerhouse of college football and at home! Congrats on the Big Win! William and Mary better beware!

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you start this VT/WVU stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha....yeah but we agreed to quit

[/ QUOTE ]

Convenient for you, isn't it. Bring stuff up, then use some lame excuse (like always) to try to get out of it. And by the way, if we say that wvu isn't going to get to the title game, there is plenty of reason to make that prediction. Have you not noticed that they keep going down in polls regardless of wins??? That shows that it's not only us who don't think wvu can cut it in the NC, but it's everybody who has a voice in the rankings across the U.S. So quit talking your trash and realize that we aren't out to get you or your wvu counterparts.

In fact, i'm going as far as wishing the 'eers luck for the rest of the season. It's good to see them doing well and I hope that continues.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is just a Hokie fan saying that WVU won't go undefeated so they won't have to worry about playing in a national title game..

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you be so sure??? The only thing for sure right now is that VT wont be going undefeated....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you be so sure??? The only thing for sure right now is that VT wont be going undefeated....

[/ QUOTE ]

It's gonna not hurt so bad when LSU has a national championship at the end of this year.

If I had to put my money on anybody, it would be this LSU team. Mark my words, LSU will have the NC after this year.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's gonna not hurt so bad when LSU has a national championship at the end of this year.

If I had to put my money on anybody, it would be this LSU team. Mark my words, LSU will have the NC after this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet that too cause whether they win this year or not they will still have a national title after this year.....bc i dont see the ncaa taking away the 2003 title from them any time soon

I would like to say a few things. For one, WVU will always be ranked higher than VT due to the fact that they play NOONE. Secondly VT have a few hard games on their schedule so they may lose a few. It doesnt matter if VT only loses one game the polls will not give them a high ranking. And finally, everyone seems to be forgetting about up and coming Alabama. Nick Saban has brought them a long way and they have the potential to knock off LSU this year and play for the NC themselves. Im not a Bama fan but they look good this year. It doesnt matter who WVU plays, they will still have a higher ranking than VT. VT gets no respect in the polls. But VT will be fine and will possibly receive a BCS bid this year as long as Tyrod Taylor stays QB. Like someone else said in an earlier thread, Glennon NEVER had the poise and patience that TT has especially under pressure. Vick had to play with no line and look where that got him (forget about the dog fighting charges, LOL). All of this WVU is better than VT stuff is getting very old. WVU is a fairly good team but put them up against LSU and see what happens. They will get the same results as VT did.

[ QUOTE ]

I would like to say a few things. For one, WVU will always be ranked higher than VT due to the fact that they play NOONE. Secondly VT have a few hard games on their schedule so they may lose a few. It doesnt matter if VT only loses one game the polls will not give them a high ranking. And finally, everyone seems to be forgetting about up and coming Alabama. Nick Saban has brought them a long way and they have the potential to knock off LSU this year and play for the NC themselves. Im not a Bama fan but they look good this year. It doesnt matter who WVU plays, they will still have a higher ranking than VT. VT gets no respect in the polls. But VT will be fine and will possibly receive a BCS bid this year as long as Tyrod Taylor stays QB. Like someone else said in an earlier thread, Glennon NEVER had the poise and patience that TT has especially under pressure. Vick had to play with no line and look where that got him (forget about the dog fighting charges, LOL). All of this WVU is better than VT stuff is getting very old. WVU is a fairly good team but put them up against LSU and see what happens. They will get the same results as VT did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who has VT played?? ECU, Ohio, William & Mary?!?

I know they played LSU, but you gotta at least be competitive after the coin toss to have that carry any weight

Also, you say VT gets no respect from the polls...........After watchin them eke out wins over Ohio and ECU.....and then be totally shredded by LSU........would you rank VT? Not me

I did not want to comment but you sissy Beamer lovers are Vick lovers are playoff wrongdoer lovers and living in the past lovers. VT will never be as successful as they once were. Enjoy you're money, and the less than touted ACC.

[ QUOTE ]

I did not want to comment but you sissy Beamer lovers are Vick lovers are playoff wrongdoer lovers and living in the past lovers. VT will never be as successful as they once were. Enjoy you're money, and the less than touted ACC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.

VT is one of only three teams in NCAA Division I to have won at least 10 games each of the last three seasons...USC and Texas are the other two.

Yeh, I guess that's what you call "never be(ing) as successful as they once were."

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.

VT is one of only three teams in NCAA Division I to have won at least 10 games each of the last three seasons...USC and Texas are the other two.

Yeh, I guess that's what you call "never be(ing) as successful as they once were."

[/ QUOTE ]

And WVU and USC are the only two teams to go to New Year's Day Bowls the last four seasons........whats our point?

The only one I see is that USC is good....

You WVU fans are unblievable. You guys NEVER give VT credit for anything. Yes they are having a rough time this season but come on now, they are starting a TRUE FRESHMAN at QB who is trying to learn the system. Glennon was a terrible QB. And dont mention thet VTs line is trying to get it together. Obviously you didnt watch the Appy State Michigan game because even an underdog team can come in YOUR stadium and leave out with a win. For you to say that ECU, Ohio, and William & Mary are no good you had have been playing against them. I will give credit when credit is due. Those teams played VT the way they should be played. LSU is just that damn good (pardon my language). A win is a win whether you win by 1 point or whether you win by 40. Give VT a chance to get it together and work out the kinks and they will be contenders again. Look at what Nick Saban has done with Alabama.