How bout them WILDCATS??

adidas

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and ky is expected to contend for the no offense sec this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, yeh, just ahead of Vandy, Ole Miss, and Mississippi St.

There are at least eight teams in the SEC better than Kentucky...and that's with Georgia, Auburn, and Tennessee having "down" years...

[/ QUOTE ]

actually several publications had them contending for the SEC east

[/ QUOTE ]

Name one that's legitimate...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the game..and 30 years of futility just went out the window..this was a huge win for the CATS!

Right now...we're playing as well as anyone in the conference not named LSU or Florida.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and ky is expected to contend for the no offense sec this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, yeh, just ahead of Vandy, Ole Miss, and Mississippi St.

There are at least eight teams in the SEC better than Kentucky...and that's with Georgia, Auburn, and Tennessee having "down" years...

[/ QUOTE ]

actually several publications had them contending for the SEC east

[/ QUOTE ]

Name one that's legitimate...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the game..and 30 years of futility just went out the window..this was a huge win for the CATS!

Right now...we're playing as well as anyone in the conference not named LSU or Florida.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would have to agree...UK is playing great football right now!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

All the WVU fans are forgetting that Louisville's loss does not affect anything. It was a non-conference game so it does nothing for WVU.

As it looks right now, South Florida might be the best team in the BE.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to be kidding yourself? WVU only has the most explosive offense in the nation...yes their pass D sux...but still...USF is not better than WVU

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU does have one of the best offenses in the nation, no one ever questioned that. With the exeption of putting Devine in a couple of plays, they have done nothing to change their offensive schemes and people have been studying film since last year.

All I am saying is when they come across a hard nosed defense and a decent offense then they could be in trouble. South Florida has the hard nosed type of players that aren't afraid of WVU like about 85% of the other teams they play.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

All the WVU fans are forgetting that Louisville's loss does not affect anything. It was a non-conference game so it does nothing for WVU.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to be kidding yourself? WVU only has the most explosive offense in the nation...yes their pass D sux...but still...USF is not better than WVU

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU does have one of the best offenses in the nation, no one ever questioned that. With the exeption of putting Devine in a couple of plays, they have done nothing to change their offensive schemes and people have been studying film since last year.

All I am saying is when they come across a hard nosed defense and a decent offense then they could be in trouble. South Florida has the hard nosed type of players that aren't afraid of WVU like about 85% of the other teams they play.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point...but I just don't see it happening...but im not going to argue that it will be a good game

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good point...but I just don't see it happening...but im not going to argue that it will be a good game

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it will be a great game too. I think the Cincinnati game will be pretty exciting too. Their defense has put up some tough numbers so far this season.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here is a good read for ya http://www.news-register.net/page/content.detail/id/53038.html?nav=524

[ QUOTE ]

here is a good read for ya http://www.news-register.net/page/content.detail/id/53038.html?nav=524

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't pull out the whole arsenal because they have played Western Michigan, Marshall, and Maryland. No one would expect them to.

Their "hidden arsenal" doesn't hide the fact that they have a below average defense.

And I wonder why WVU fans just can't get over the fact that they had to play in Huntington? Yes, it only held 40,000 on that game but it was an AWAY game. It is no different than them going to another school other than the fact that it is a smaller stadium. I guess Huntington is just too clean of a town for them.

Get mad at Joe Manchin all you want.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't pull out the whole arsenal because they have played Western Michigan, Marshall, and Maryland. No one would expect them to.

Their "hidden arsenal" doesn't hide the fact that they have a below average defense.

And I wonder why WVU fans just can't get over the fact that they had to play in Huntington? Yes, it only held 40,000 on that game but it was an AWAY game. It is no different than them going to another school other than the fact that it is a smaller stadium. I guess Huntington is just too clean of a town for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha. Morgantown is a dump. Not to mention Huntington is really nice... Aint that right rocks!

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha. Morgantown is a dump. Not to mention Huntington is really nice... Aint that right rocks!

[/ QUOTE ]

The city of Morgantown is doing pretty good economically considering it is such a dump.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i wasn't talking about economics, im talking about how dirty the city in is general. and Watch that economy go WAY DOWN as soon as WVU loses a game...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

i wasn't talking about economics, im talking about how dirty the city in is general. and Watch that economy go WAY DOWN as soon as WVU loses a game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually a city being a dump has a lot to do with the economy. Businesses aren't going to open up in a dump. WVU losing a football game doesn't have anything to do with th economy. If your reasoning is correct, WVU will lose a game soon and all of the new businesses that recently open will just fold up?? Riiiiiight.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont understand? it shows you have never been there... MR I HATE MY HOME STATE.... mtown is very clean.. been there many times.. and also been to huntington many times...streets are clean grass is neatly cut, much cleaner than the towns around here, shou,d call a place a dump... thats not cool... dang i wish you would move out of WV, you are too good for us here, go somewhere where you can live among people of your high class stature... just kills you to see anything WV do good

[ QUOTE ]

Inferior conference?

Last time I checked we went 5-0 in bowl games last year and stomped the heck out of how many ACC teams in bowls?

[/ QUOTE ]

South Florida and Cincinnati are the only two teams in the Big East that have even heard of the word defense.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Inferior conference?

Last time I checked we went 5-0 in bowl games last year and stomped the heck out of how many ACC teams in bowls?

[/ QUOTE ]

South Florida and Cincinnati are the only two teams in the Big East that have even heard of the word defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, maybe...........but i know WVU hasn't heard of Defense..........cause no one can stop them...haha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont understand? it shows you have never been there... MR I HATE MY HOME STATE.... mtown is very clean.. been there many times.. and also been to huntington many times...streets are clean grass is neatly cut, much cleaner than the towns around here, shou,d call a place a dump... thats not cool... dang i wish you would move out of WV, you are too good for us here, go somewhere where you can live among people of your high class stature... just kills you to see anything WV do good

[/ QUOTE ]

If i were from bluefield, and no offense to anyone who is, i'd be much more worried about cleaning blfd up than about morgantown.....

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If i were from bluefield, and no offense to anyone who is, i'd be much more worried about cleaning blfd up than about morgantown.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately I agree. I lived in Bluefield all of my life until I went to WVU. Overall Bluefield is a fairly nice town but the bad thing is that the downtown is the "dump."

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately I agree. I lived in Bluefield all of my life until I went to WVU. Overall Bluefield is a fairly nice town but the bad thing is that the downtown is the "dump."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think blfd is pretty nice.........and you're right...other than the downtown....its nice

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact i love our state AND ESPECIALLY BLUEFIELD.. You base bluefield on maybe 5% of the city. And second of all just cause i cant stand one town i should get out of Wv? And yes, with a loss the national championship hype will go away and not as many people will go to morgantown on gamedays. That gives businesses less customers which makes for less income. If WVU loses this weekend, for example it makes all big east games less exciting with the exception of LVILLE and USF. and even at that it wont be the same as it is now. Trust me ive been there, and can't stand it. The campus is spread over the whole city and i believe its dirty. Your biased eyes may see it diffrent. And im glad you think im high class and want me to get out of the state, cause where are the high class people located at in the state? Oh yeah up in the northern part NEAR MORGANTOWN...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact i love our state AND ESPECIALLY BLUEFIELD.. You base bluefield on maybe 5% of the city. And second of all just cause i cant stand one town i should get out of Wv? And yes, with a loss the national championship hype will go away and not as many people will go to morgantown on gamedays. That gives businesses less customers which makes for less income. If WVU loses this weekend, for example it makes all big east games less exciting with the exception of LVILLE and USF. and even at that it wont be the same as it is now. Trust me ive been there, and can't stand it. The campus is spread over the whole city and i believe its dirty. Your biased eyes may see it diffrent. And im glad you think im high class and want me to get out of the state, cause where are the high class people located at in the state? Oh yeah up in the northern part NEAR MORGANTOWN...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that i'm biased, i have pride in my state. i think WV is one of the most beautiful places on earth, sorry we dont measure up to your standards, but we are what we are. WV like it or leave it. win or lose i am a mountaineer fan.. when we were 3-8 i went to games when we were 11-0 i went to games... seems morgantown still stood when we were 3-8, i dont get off by the thoughts of my home state university losing a game in football. if we lose the next 9 games im still a mountaineer fan all the way, and will go to every game i can get a ticket and a day off for. and as far as class goes. My wife is from the athens area, went to school at athens and pikeview where she stared in track and basketball, her uncle is a fireman there and her mom and brother live in bluefield and her grandmother lives in princeton. i went to big creek and my family is all from the War area... and we all have class... so not so fast my friend... high class West virginians are everywhere

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Morgantown is GROWING if you don't get it. Go ahead and call it a dump. If it is what you say it is then it is the most prosperous dump that I have ever seen.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that i'm biased, i have pride in my state. i think WV is one of the most beautiful places on earth, sorry we dont measure up to your standards, but we are what we are. WV like it or leave it. win or lose i am a mountaineer fan.. when we were 3-8 i went to games when we were 11-0 i went to games... seems morgantown still stood when we were 3-8, i dont get off by the thoughts of my home state university losing a game in football. if we lose the next 9 games im still a mountaineer fan all the way, and will go to every game i can get a ticket and a day off for. and as far as class goes. My wife is from the athens area, went to school at athens and pikeview where she stared in track and basketball, her uncle is a fireman there and her mom and brother live in bluefield and her grandmother lives in princeton. i went to big creek and my family is all from the War area... and we all have class... so not so fast my friend... high class West virginians are everywhere

[/ QUOTE ]

Well im glad that you are a diehard mountaineer fan, one of my pet peeves is Bandwagon fans. Thats probably partly why i cant stand WVU, a lot of my peers became WVU fans as soon as White and slaton began their dominaion. However when we are talking about class i think im confused with what your saying. When i talk about High class im talking about the upper tier of people based upon their income. Kinda like upper class? ya know? I know there are classy people all over this state which makes it better than any other state in this area. But just because i have disdain for WVU doesnt mean i dont like West Virginia. I never have liked WVU when i was growing up, never will. I mean i used to cheer for them when they werent playing tech, but lately all i hear is about how amazing WVU is, so i wouldnt mind for WVU to lose so i dont have to suffer. And as for the economics part, we studied this kind of trend in class last week. When an area can give a product repeatedly, such as a string of excellent fishing seasons, or something becomes more popular in an area, such as football, then the economic rise and the reason for the increased activity in the area are positively related. So one goes up, for instance football creating more tourists to the town, then the economy will rise as well. However, if the trend goes down, then so will the economy. Football and the economy really are correlated.lol

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well im glad that you are a diehard mountaineer fan, one of my pet peeves is Bandwagon fans. Thats probably partly why i cant stand WVU, a lot of my peers became WVU fans as soon as White and slaton began their dominaion. However when we are talking about class i think im confused with what your saying. When i talk about High class im talking about the upper tier of people based upon their income. Kinda like upper class? ya know? I know there are classy people all over this state which makes it better than any other state in this area. But just because i have disdain for WVU doesnt mean i dont like West Virginia. I never have liked WVU when i was growing up, never will. I mean i used to cheer for them when they werent playing tech, but lately all i hear is about how amazing WVU is, so i wouldnt mind for WVU to lose so i dont have to suffer. And as for the economics part, we studied this kind of trend in class last week. When an area can give a product repeatedly, such as a string of excellent fishing seasons, or something becomes more popular in an area, such as football, then the economic rise and the reason for the increased activity in the area are positively related. So one goes up, for instance football creating more tourists to the town, then the economy will rise as well. However, if the trend goes down, then so will the economy. Football and the economy really are correlated.lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree with you that football and the economy does correlate. lol But thats not the main reason that Morgantown is growing. The freshman class is getting larger every year. My freshman year had the record for enrollment at that time and that was back in 2003 before WVU had done anything significant in football or basketball.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

a lot of that i just think is the change of the times. more and more people are going to college, especially in the state of WV. Concord has its largest class ever this year. And take no offense to this, but i wonder how many of those freshan return as sophmores? I bet the partying gets to a lot of them.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well im glad that you are a diehard mountaineer fan, one of my pet peeves is Bandwagon fans. Thats probably partly why i cant stand WVU, a lot of my peers became WVU fans as soon as White and slaton began their dominaion. -

dont get me wrong im WVU all the way..but i was like the only fan around Grundy..now you see like WVU shirts and hats and hoodies at school and it almost makes me mad..just cuz like ...im like "YOUR NOT A REAL FAN GET THAT OFF"..haha