How bout them WILDCATS??

adidas

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been so long since UK was a true power in football, most of the fans don't know how to react. It has been 3 decades since they were a serious contender in the SEC. (I should note that program was riddled with NCAA violations.)

I just hope Brooks is running it clean. As an old UK guy, it would do my heart good to see them legitimately competitive. (No Hal Mumme, Fran Curci antics.)

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

We dont live in last year anymore smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Overall the ACC looks about as bad this year as they were last year.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Did Kentucky, a bottom dweller in the SEC, beat the defending BIG EAST CHAMPS???? OH MY!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey GMAN, Did You Know that the defending ACC Champs, Wake Forest has started the season 1-2. OH MY!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Did Kentucky, a bottom dweller in the SEC, beat the defending BIG EAST CHAMPS???? OH MY!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey GMAN, Did You Know that the defending ACC Champs, Wake Forest has started the season 1-2. OH MY!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the defending ACC Champs that VT beat 27-6 on their home field on national television last year??? Yeh, they suck too...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the defending ACC Champs that VT beat 27-6 on their home field on national television last year??? Yeh, they suck too...

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the 3rd place SEC team who thumped VT 48-7 this year.......on national television??

Let's live in this year why dont we. The ACC is currently 16-8 in non conference games. The Big East 18-5. hmmmmm. Now before all you Tech fans start screaming who have you beat the Big East is 2-0 against the ACC. WVU over Maryland. UCONN over Duke. ACC's best win over a non conference opponent is the great Notre Dame. You think Im kidding here is the list: Furman, Louisiana Monroe, Villanova, Florida Inter(twice), Marshall, UAB, Colorado, ECU, Ohio (not state), Samford, Army, Wofford, North Western, James Madison (shame on them for playing 1 old guy). Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Oh why VT and BC couldnt you have took Syracuse with you then we would be 18-2.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the 3rd place SEC team who thumped VT 48-7 this year.......on national television??

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess beating that SEC powerhouse, Mississippi St., really counts for something, huh???

[ QUOTE ]

Now before all you Tech fans start screaming who have you beat the Big East is 2-0 against the ACC. WVU over Maryland. UCONN over Duke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. And the BE didn't exactly playing the "cream of the crop" in the ACC...those two ACC schools were picked to finish next to last and last in their respective ACC Divisions this year.

[ QUOTE ]

Even so victories over Maryland and Auburn by Big East schools are more impressive than beating Wofford, agreed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll wait until the end of the season before I make a judgement on that...Auburn is already proving they are a "paper Tiger" this season...and no one fears the Turtle in the ACC...

My personal opinion...the Big 10/11 looks to be the weakest overall Conference at this point in the season...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] they were champs last year... and ky is expected to contend for the no offense sec this year... and before that the big east was 6-0 against the sec in the last 6 games... see wvu verses miss state and Ga and sfu against auburn last week

[ QUOTE ]

and ky is expected to contend for the no offense sec this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, yeh, just ahead of Vandy, Ole Miss, and Mississippi St.

There are at least eight teams in the SEC better than Kentucky...and that's with Georgia, Auburn, and Tennessee having "down" years...

[ QUOTE ]

Let's live in this year why dont we. The ACC is currently 16-8 in non conference games. The Big East 18-5. hmmmmm. Now before all you Tech fans start screaming who have you beat the Big East is 2-0 against the ACC. WVU over Maryland. UCONN over Duke. ACC's best win over a non conference opponent is the great Notre Dame. You think Im kidding here is the list: Furman, Louisiana Monroe, Villanova, Florida Inter(twice), Marshall, UAB, Colorado, ECU, Ohio (not state), Samford, Army, Wofford, North Western, James Madison (shame on them for playing 1 old guy). Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Oh why VT and BC couldnt you have took Syracuse with you then we would be 18-2.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are at least eight teams in the SEC better than Kentucky...and that's with Georgia, Auburn, and Tennessee having "down" years...

[/ QUOTE ]

actually several publications had them contending for the SEC east

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually several publications had them contending for the SEC east

[/ QUOTE ]

Name one that's legitimate...

All the WVU fans are forgetting that Louisville's loss does not affect anything. It was a non-conference game so it does nothing for WVU.

As it looks right now, South Florida might be the best team in the BE.

[ QUOTE ]

All the WVU fans are forgetting that Louisville's loss does not affect anything. It was a non-conference game so it does nothing for WVU.

As it looks right now, South Florida might be the best team in the BE.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to be kidding yourself? WVU only has the most explosive offense in the nation...yes their pass D sux...but still...USF is not better than WVU