How bout them WILDCATS??

adidas

[ QUOTE ]

a lot of that i just think is the change of the times. more and more people are going to college, especially in the state of WV. Concord has its largest class ever this year. And take no offense to this, but i wonder how many of those freshan return as sophmores? I bet the partying gets to a lot of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah the partys arent that great, ive had better in richlands lol, the reason i didnt return my sophmore year was that good ole Uncle Sam for got to pay my tuition.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

ell im glad that you are a diehard mountaineer fan, one of my pet peeves is Bandwagon fans. Thats probably partly why i cant stand WVU, a lot of my peers became WVU fans as soon as White and slaton began their dominaion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope your not referring to me..confused.gif

I've like WVU football since the days of "famous" amous zeroue which was when I was about 9 or 10 I think

Guest JJBrickface

There are a lot of bandwagon fans out there. I see guys who use to hate WVU that are fans now and it is BS. I have been a fan since I was 7. Amos Zereoue is probably my all time favorite player by the way. lol

Well just thought id throw my 2 cents in here, been to Morgantown,been to Atlanta, been to D.C. been to Huntington, been to Richmond, and all up and down the Eastern coast, i have to say Morgantown and Huntington of all those city i named are the cleanest of all, Atlanta in my opinion is dirty, thats city limits, places like Roswell are very nice right outside of Atlanta,North i believe, and D.C., i really hate to say this cause im as true of an American as there is but when you walk from the capital down to the streets south of there, all those apt.'s are so run down, i guess you would call that the ghetto or watever, and then richmond, i went up there before, and just like my friend told me, from the State Police Training center, if you take a left, your screwed, so always take a right, if you know what i mean, but since im just a county boy and have lived in RIchlands and SWVA all my life, i think clean is when the sidewalks get the mud washed off of them when it rains from the previous flood that left the town with 3 inches of mood and to see a newely paved street or red lights aT places that have never been before lol, Blufield,RIchlands, Tazewell, Lebanon, in my opinion are in pretty well "clean" shape for a little county town in the coal country.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

ell im glad that you are a diehard mountaineer fan, one of my pet peeves is Bandwagon fans. Thats probably partly why i cant stand WVU, a lot of my peers became WVU fans as soon as White and slaton began their dominaion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope your not referring to me..confused.gif

I've like WVU football since the days of "famous" amous zeroue which was when I was about 9 or 10 I think

[/ QUOTE ]

no not you... haha

we went through the same thing with tech. back in the 80s when i first moved to Tazewell you couldnt buy a Tech fan... sure you had your die hard fans like the McCanns and Hess' and Crouses to name a few but the general population seemsd to like WVU or UVA. then Beemer got things turned around and low and behold they started climbing out the wood work. tech fans everywhere. people love a winner. remember how easy it was to get a ticket at tech. last i heard many season ticket holders around Tazewell and Bluefield who had been season ticket holders for years got rooted out by higher prices, had to be big boosters or doaners to get one. so yes i know what you mean, i pull for WVU cause i am a West Virginian, but i love tech as well cause they are so close. When i was a kid Bob Gresham from War stared for WVU and later on Steve Newberry. BTW Major is still my favorite player

[ QUOTE ]

we went through the same thing with tech. back in the 80s when i first moved to Tazewell you couldnt buy a Tech fan... sure you had your die hard fans like the McCanns and Hess' and Crouses to name a few but the general population seemsd to like WVU or UVA. then Beemer got things turned around and low and behold they started climbing out the wood work. tech fans everywhere. people love a winner. remember how easy it was to get a ticket at tech. last i heard many season ticket holders around Tazewell and Bluefield who had been season ticket holders for years got rooted out by higher prices, had to be big boosters or doaners to get one. so yes i know what you mean, i pull for WVU cause i am a West Virginian, but i love tech as well cause they are so close. When i was a kid Bob Gresham from War stared for WVU and later on Steve Newberry. BTW Major is still my favorite player

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't love VT....haha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But really I dont have problem for someone liking when they get a program goin in the right direction. I have problems with people that continually change their "favorite" teams based on their records. At some point you have to pick your favorite, and you may have family that influences who you pick, but if not, then you are mor ethan likely going to pick the team that is talked about the most around you and that would either be a local team...or a winning team. So I can see where bandwagoneers come from. And that is what biulds a fan base, a winning team that develops a bandwagon, and then whenh they suck agian they will lose alot of those fans...but they will still have a following.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey how'd you get so many more psots than me?... and oh yeah, i dont hate tech. i pull for them in every game except WVU and Marshall, and well maybe concord if they play them

[ QUOTE ]

man i've been goin to tech games since i was a baby. But people jumping on when the program gets better is natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...thats what makes a teamsn base...people dont start liking a team when they suck...they become fans because a team wins.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

man i've been goin to tech games since i was a baby. But people jumping on when the program gets better is natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...thats what makes a teamsn base...people dont start liking a team when they suck...they become fans because a team wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree...i've been a WVU fan since i knew what football was...and also i love the Detroit Lions and they suck(maybe not this year)but i have always backed them...i have to say that there are def. true fans left out there

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree...i've been a WVU fan since i knew what football was...and also i love the Detroit Lions and they suck(maybe not this year)but i have always backed them...i have to say that there are def. true fans left out there

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt say that the way I wanted it to sound. Not all fans like teams because they win...but most fans become fans of a team either because they are local, they have been exposed to them alot as a child (usually by family), or the team wins alot or win a championship. I am not saying that is why I like the teams that I like. But, most fans do like a team because they win, unless it is for one of the other two reasons I mentioned.

[quote... and ky is expected to contend for the no offense sec this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense in the SEC! Someone needs to look up from glue huffing and watch what's being broadcast out of Gainsville and Baton Rouge the last two Saturdays.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt say that the way I wanted it to sound. Not all fans like teams because they win...but most fans become fans of a team either because they are local, they have been exposed to them alot as a child (usually by family), or the team wins alot or win a championship. I am not saying that is why I like the teams that I like. But, most fans do like a team because they win, unless it is for one of the other two reasons I mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

alriht man lol..it just sounded that way...but yeah i get your point