anyone going to the VT vs. FSU or Miami games?

Lance

I don't think I've ever nearly fallen asleep at a football game, but I almost did today. From the mid of the second quarter until we left at the end of the 3rd I was very bored. Going to Tech games used to be fun, but something is missing in recent years. There's no excitment, especially on the offensive side of the ball. You take away Taylor and Tech's offense wouldn't have moved the ball at all against W&M. It's pretty sad when your offensive line is so bad that they get pushed around by undersized, I-AA players. And once in the redzone the offensive coordinator is hell-bent on trying to run the ball up the middle on nearly every play; really boring stuff today. I believe I would have rather saved some money and went to the movies... wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think I've ever nearly fallen asleep at a football game, but I almost did today. From the mid of the second quarter until we left at the end of the 3rd I was very bored. Going to Tech games used to be fun, but something is missing in recent years. There's no excitment, especially on the offensive side of the ball. You take away Taylor and Tech's offense wouldn't have moved the ball at all against W&M. It's pretty sad when your offensive line is so bad that they get pushed around by undersized, I-AA players. And once in the redzone the offensive coordinator is hell-bent on trying to run the ball up the middle on nearly every play; really boring stuff today. I believe I would have rather saved some money and went to the movies... wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to lie. That was the most painful win that I've ever had to endure. No excitement (in the 2nd half). No energy from our team or fans, and what really pissed me off was the incredibly standard and average play from our team.

The other thing that's really pissing me off is Weaver. I think a that the lack of excitement really comes from him and the power trip that he's on. He doesn't understand the concept of "sport", that you play with intensity to win, even if it does step on the toes of the opposition. If the opposition knows what competition is, then they would realize they would be doing the same thing to us in similar situations. It's part of it. But he's taking this whole "hokies respect" thing way too far, making too many rules, and what he's eventually going to do is completely screw us over and make us into just another mediocre fan base that doesn't pull for their team as passionately as possible.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think I've ever nearly fallen asleep at a football game, but I almost did today. From the mid of the second quarter until we left at the end of the 3rd I was very bored. Going to Tech games used to be fun, but something is missing in recent years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim Weaver has sucked all the fun out of going to VT games...he should be the Commissioner of the NFL, the "No Fun League"...

[ QUOTE ]

The other thing that's really pissing me off is Weaver. I think a that the lack of excitement really comes from him and the power trip that he's on. He doesn't understand the concept of "sport", that you play with intensity to win, even if it does step on the toes of the opposition. If the opposition knows what competition is, then they would realize they would be doing the same thing to us in similar situations. It's part of it. But he's taking this whole "hokies respect" thing way too far, making too many rules, and what he's eventually going to do is completely screw us over and make us into just another mediocre fan base that doesn't pull for their team as passionately as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone else notice...they didn't play any of those stupid "Hokie Respect" cartoons yesterday...maybe we have finally convinced JW to get rid of them as we did with the "We are, Virginia Tech" cheer...they were stupid and childish...

[ QUOTE ]

Did anyone else notice...they didn't play any of those stupid "Hokie Respect" cartoons yesterday...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they just replaced it with the video of the cheerleaders doing their skit about Hokie Respect.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Did anyone else notice...they didn't play any of those stupid "Hokie Respect" cartoons yesterday...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they just replaced it with the video of the cheerleaders doing their skit about Hokie Respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with "Hokie Respect" still being shoved down our throats...

Cheerleaders > JW cartoons

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Did anyone else notice...they didn't play any of those stupid "Hokie Respect" cartoons yesterday...[/quote

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with "Hokie Respect" still being shoved down our throats...

Cheerleaders > JW cartoons

[/ QUOTE ]

very true !!!