ph/holston score

Scott

Very exciting and confusing ending. 3rd and goal from the 2, Holston RB's knee came down behind a big pile that didn't allow the back judge to see it. The Holston player continued to the end zone. The ref that didn't see the knee hit said it was a TD, while the other 2 refs saw his knee hit the ground. (I was standing at the goal line behind the fence, so it happend right in front of me) That is where the confusion started. They even changed the scoreboard to show 21-20. When they took the points off, that started a shower of boos from the Holston side. Holston went into hurry-up because the clock was running, but I don't think they realized that it was 4th down, and the QB spiked the ball!!!! Ball turned over to PH, GAME OVER!!!

Why didn't the Ref Give the Holston Coach a Time Out? He ran almost all the way to the end zone and even then he didn't acknowlege him!!! My perspective was that the down marker still read 3rd down when the QB spiked it. So the Ref on Holston's side not only didn't tell the down marker what down it was but didn't give a Time out. Instead of giving him a paycheck maybe PH's AD should charge him $5.00 admission. It was a good game by both teams I just hate that it had to come down to a series of calls made by a crew that would be better served calling a checker game down at Chilhowie's nursing home.

But your right the Ending was a total joke...utter chaos.

It was a good game to see on our off week.

who were the refs?

anybody want to give us an unbiased version of this story?

maybe in the confusion the chain gang member didn't change the down.

i read in the bhc where the holston fans got pretty ugly over the incident.

The BHC explains it pretty well if you could visit their websites..I was at the game just as an observer and it was the wildest ending i have probably ever seen in high school football. As far as the chain gang...well I dont think anyone noticed but on PH's last scoring drive they actually messed up their also. On first down their was a bad snap...2nd down a 6 yard run and a incidental face mask. They never changed it to 3rd down so another play was run on second down then 3rd down then they converted on what was really 5th down. To make things simple as far as the ending of the game the refs should have called a official timeout and got their crap straight. Points went on the board...one ref signaling touchdown while the other was marking the ball. The clock never stopped the whole time....just plain out wild...the VHSL owes Holston a huge apology period!

Yeah I was just as confused as anybody was. I thought at first what had happend was that Holston got the TD and they were lining up to go for 2, and when he spiked the ball I just said "What the Hell just happend here?" Like you said it was total chaos!!!

And as for the Holston fans, throwing bottles at the PH cheerleaders was just uncalled for. People, these are high school kids that grown adults were throwing objects at. Grow up people! They shouldn't have been throwing objects at the PH cheerleaders no matter what the situation was.

Anyone that lets Salty hang around and then lets him run over the hedges up and down Treasure Mountain is one cool dude. Me, Salty, and Tully is gonna eat us some ribs, chickens, and turkey legs come Saturday and warsh 'em down with some colored water. Is Cowboyupchuck and Wahwahtussy up to it?

[ QUOTE ]

The BHC explains it pretty well if you could visit their websites..I was at the game just as an observer and it was the wildest ending i have probably ever seen in high school football. As far as the chain gang...well I dont think anyone noticed but on PH's last scoring drive they actually messed up their also. On first down their was a bad snap...2nd down a 6 yard run and a incidental face mask. They never changed it to 3rd down so another play was run on second down then 3rd down then they converted on what was really 5th down. To make things simple as far as the ending of the game the refs should have called a official timeout and got their crap straight. Points went on the board...one ref signaling touchdown while the other was marking the ball. The clock never stopped the whole time....just plain out wild...the VHSL owes Holston a huge apology period!

[/ QUOTE ]

Was not at the game so I do not have a horse in this race. You said that on 2nd down they had an incidental face mask but the officials did not change the down. They should not have. You have to replay the down with the face mask call being accepted so you get the 5 yard penalty and replay the down.

fatboy-the only way i'm coming out there if Mr. Norris and Saltshaker are going to be in da house! what about lobster can he get out of da house for homecoming? that ole ball & chain has hurt many men.

[ QUOTE ]

What you boys bringin to the tailgate (and I mean real tailgate, 1965 Ford 100 type)?

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout posting a pic on here ....better clarify that....of the vehicle...minus the crew. lol