SWD defense

grundy60

i dont think abingdon would be third .honaker put 32 points on the board with logan ball runnin for 207 yrds against them.of course thats some several carries also.if so then i could be under estimating honakers offense.

Not to take anything away from Honaker's offense, but Abingdon's O gave up a pic 6 and gave Honaker the ball on the 6, 18, and 24 yard lines. They also blocked a punt for a score. All of this resulted in 20 points. I also don't mean to short change Ball, he had a great game. It's had for a team to win when the QB has 6 turn overs.

Defense must be played no matter where the other team takes over. 6 TO's or not they scored 32. The team gave up 32 points and you can't win chamnpionships making excuses about losing. Not to mention their RB had over 200 on the ground. You better sure up your run defense and hold onto the ball or you will definitely be home for Thanksgiving watching football on TV.

Excerpts from the Bristol Herald Courier article on the game:

Abingdon coach John Bowles - "We’ll just have to regroup. We played hard, but we didn’t control the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball. Honaker controlled the football and ran it at will in the second half."

"The drive that ended up winning the game for the Tigers began on their on 14. They drove 86 yards in 14 plays behind the running of Ball who finished with 207 yards rushing with three touchdowns."

Just wondering - who's right, your view of what transpired during the course of the game or Abingdon's head coach and BHC reporter? It doesn't take much to figure out who the credible sources happens to be in this case LOL...

The punt returned for a touchdown???? Wasn't that a blocked punt and Honaker ran it in?

Abindgon abandoned their drag play across the middle of the field. That play was open the whole first half, I don't think Abingdon ran it the second half.

Last time I checked as soon as the other team gets the ball your on defense. You can tell me how they scored but the fact is they scored 32 on your team and those are the facts all excuses aside. Abingdon needs to be a complete team if they want to compete for championships.