bluefield #1

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

bluefield should be the new #1 team in AA after former #1 berkeley springs played a single A opponent... not to mention a little help from our friends (oak hill, graham, WC all won)

[ QUOTE ]

bluefield should be the new #1 team in AA after former #1 berkeley springs played a single A opponent... not to mention a little help from our friends (oak hill, graham, WC all won)

[/ QUOTE ]yep campbell won 43-0 over dan river

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no question they should be #1.probably shouldve been there since august.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

this is based on a points system after the third week i believe... so the only way we got to 1 was wins by opponents we already have defeated giving us more bonus points...

Bluefield's points through the first seven weeks looks like this:

Graham 9 + 4 = 13

Princeton 12 + 1 = 13

William Campbell 6 + 5 = 11

Oak Hill 9 + 1 = 10

Shady Spring 9 + 3 = 12

13 + 13 + 11 + 10 + 12 = 59

59 / 5 games = 11.8

The rating of 11.8 will easily be more than #2 Berkeley Springs (11.17) and #3 James Monroe (11.0). However, being #1 right now doesn't mean squat...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield's points through the first seven weeks looks like this:

Graham 9 + 4 = 13

Princeton 12 + 1 = 13

William Campbell 6 + 5 = 11

Oak Hill 9 + 1 = 10

Shady Spring 9 + 3 = 12

13 + 13 + 11 + 10 + 12 = 59

59 / 5 games = 11.8

The rating of 11.8 will be easily more than #2 Berkeley Springs (11.17) and #3 James Monroe (11.0). However, being #1 right now doesn't mean squat...

[/ QUOTE ]

true. but if we win out now we will definitely be #1 at the end of the season. With the opponents we have it would be hard for anyone to leap frog us if we continue to win...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I hope we keep a 2 or 3 ranking. They seem to better in the playoffs as an underdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

In 97 and 2004 we were the #1 seed...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

when we lost to tank tunstalle and wyoming east we were #1.

next state championship appearance was 2003, which we were a high seed, not sure which one.

2003, we only lost one game, not sure our ranking.

2005, we were ranked higher as well, but got 2 home games because grafton pulled an upset.

1n 2006, i think we were a 5 or 6... not positive though.

Im sure rules can answer the qustion better than i can...

2000 - NR, 4-6, missed playoffs

2001 - NR, 2-8, missed playoffs

2002 - #9, 6-4, lost in State Championship

2003 - #1, 8-1, lost in State Championship

2004 - #1, 10-0, won State Championship

2005 - #11, 5-4, lost in State Championship

2006 - #5, 6-3, lost in 2nd Round

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

beaver is an o.k. team , but richlands wins by 10 points

[/ QUOTE ]

so what do you call richlands after they lost to graham and beaver beat graham soundly?

id like to know your reasoning for that pick... but i doubt you have one..

Bluefield is getting better as the season goes...Richlands is the walking wounded. Richlands has the week off before Bluefield, which will help heal some injuries, but they may suffer from a little "rust" when they take the field on 10/19. Bluefield on the other hand may be firing on all cylinders by then.

Austin Fuller is extremely talented but I don't think he can beat Bluefield by himself...he couldn't beat Graham by himself and Bluefield has a TON more weapons on offense than Graham.

Richlands will have to "out score" Bluefield to win this one and I don't think they have enough fire power to do that...'Naders only hope wears black and white stripes...

so what do you call richlands after they lost to graham and beaver beat graham soundly?

beaver not taking anything away from them but beaver did not play the graham football team that played richlands....just wanted to clear that up and now my score thought bluefield murderers them 35 to 12

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

beaver not taking anything away from them but beaver did not play the graham football team that played richlands....just wanted to clear that up and now my score thought bluefield murderers them 35 to 12

[/ QUOTE ]

and you think bluefield hasn't improved?

Homefield would be a HUGE advantage for Bluefield, so securing the #1 or #2 seed to secure homefield through the state semi-finals is big.

And yes, Graham has definitely improved. But don't kid yourself into thinking Bluefield hasn't improved and isn't still a much better team. In the majority of seasons Bluefield always improves as the season progresses and this year is no different at this point. Offensively, Bluefield is far and away a better team now than on August 24.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

get your facts stright the score was 26 to 12 and graham had several turnovers as did richlands in the graham game,

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a 3 possesion ball game for most of the game. Thats soundly.

any other reasons, or are you just feeling a storm warning on the horizon?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Wvva had Bluefield ranked 3rd today, i thought they were number 1 in the rankings??...or is wvva pulling one of there usual dumbass selves again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a different poll. The one you saw is the Charleston Daily Mail poll, which is stupid in its own right. Bluefield jumped to 1 after beating william campbell, then James Monroe beat scott and they became #1. Long story short the poll means nothing.

Bluefield is #1 (or should be if the calculations are correct) in the poll that matters which comes out tm by the WVSSAC