bluefield #1

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

'Naders only hope wears black and white stripes...

Thats what I'm worried about. We need to put many points on the board early.

[/ QUOTE ] Wow, already complaining about the refs...don't stoop to that level, surely you're better than that! Most of us at RHS realize that the Blues are going to have to play their best game of the year by far, and we recognize and give credit to Bluefield for their accomplishments so far this year, but the game still has to be played, and don't think for a minute RHS won't be ready. The roles have now been reversed...Richlands playing the spoiler? We will see on the 19th. It will be a great ballgame, and I doubt if the refs will decide the outcome!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i really hope the refs dont decide it either way. i hate to see a game decided by a flag late in the game. We all came to see the boys play, so let them...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Wvva had Bluefield ranked 3rd today, i thought they were number 1 in the rankings??...or is wvva pulling one of there usual dumbass selves again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a different poll. The one you saw is the Charleston Daily Mail poll, which is stupid in its own right. Bluefield jumped to 1 after beating william campbell, then James Monroe beat scott and they became #1. Long story short the poll means nothing.

Bluefield is #1 (or should be if the calculations are correct) in the poll that matters which comes out tm by the WVSSAC

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though James Monroe has won 7 games, 2 of those games are a hindrance to James Monroe at this point of the season as far as WVSSAC calculations go because of those teams' records. Right now James Monroe has these points:

7 (Narrows) + 10 (Oak Hill) + 12 (Shady) + 9 (Pikeview) + 13 (Wyoming East) + 13 (Scott) + 13 (Liberty Raleigh) = 77 pts/7 games = 11.0 total pts (which is good for 3rd)

Take away Narrows and Pikeview and pretend James Monroe didn't even play or win those games and it would look like this:

10 (Oak Hill) + 12 (Shady) + 13 (Wyoming East) + 13 (Scott) + 13 (Liberty Raleigh) = 61 pts/5 games = 12.2 total points (which would be good for 1st right now and would put James Monroe above Bluefield!!!!)

If Pikeview doesn't end the season with at least one win, maybe James Monroe would be better off to drop them in the future and just carry a 9-game schedule themselves because if Pikeview doesn't win any, they are worth only 9 pts and that has to be divided by the number of games James Monroe will end up playing, which is 10. James Monroe loses points for having played them if they don't win at least one game and become worth 10 points. Ditto for Narrows. Being single A, if they don't win at least 4 games a season, they pull James Monroe down. Since James Monroe plays 10 games/season, it's not good unless the teams they are playing end up being worth at least 10+ points when the season is all said and done.

So really, even WVSSAC calculations are flawed. A WV AA team earns 9 points for defeating another AA team, plus bonus points if that team has wins against other AA or AAA teams. So if Bluefield beats a AA team with 0 wins, it's still worth 1 pt to them come the end of the season because they only carry a 9-game schedule and 9 pts/9 games = 1 pt. However, if James Monroe beats that same zero-win AA team, they end up with 9 pts/10 games = 0.90 pts. James Monroe would get less points for that win just because they carry a 10-game schedule instead of a 9-game schedule!!! No two ways about it, that's messed up big time.

Rumor has it Narrows is off the schedule for next year, hopefully Pikeview will follow. I don't care if we have to traval 2 or 3 hours to get better competition.

The past few years, these 2 games have turned into a 2-3 quarter Friday night JV game. That kind of game is only good for 1 thing, injuries. Just ask Justin Romanello.

If you see that James Monroe only has one tough game on their schedule, then how many do you see that Bluefield has? Our schedules are closer in line than they have been. We both carry four common opponents. We both carry a AAA team. And we both carry a A team (although I will give you props that William Campbell has a better record than Narrows).

i have a hard time believing that you guys can't pick up a 10th game. i know bluefield is good, but i have a hard time believing that only 7 in state and 2 out of state teams are not afraid to play you. and gomavs is right, our schedule isn't that much different than bluefields.

1 BLUEFIELD 7 5 0 0 11.80

2 BERKELEY SPRINGS 4 6 0 0 11.17

3 JAMES MONROE 348 7 0 0 11.00

4 WAYNE 141 6 0 0 10.50

5 KEYSER 64 5 1 0 9.00

6 MAGNOLIA 71 5 2 0 8.43

7 SCOTT 116 4 2 0 8.17

8 TOLSIA 126 5 2 0 7.57

9 CHAPMANVILLE 19 5 2 0 7.43

10 RAVENSWOOD 109 4 2 0 7.17

11 TYLER CONSOLIDATED 337 4 2 0 7.00

12 ROANE COUNTY 335 4 3 0 6.86

13 LIBERTY (HARRISON) 66 4 2 0 6.67

13 WYOMING EAST 411 4 2 0 6.67

15 LIBERTY (RALEIGH) 67 4 2 0 6.50

16 POCA 104 4 3 0 6.29

17 CLAY COUNTY 23 4 3 0 6.14

17 SISSONVILLE 120 4 3 0 6.14

19 GRAFTON 43 4 3 0 5.86

20 INDEPENDENCE SENIOR 61 4 3 0 5.71

21 WESTSIDE HIGH SCHOOL 417 4 3 0 5.43

22 MOUNT VIEW 84 3 2 0 5.40

23 FRANKFORT 36 3 3 0 5.00

24 LOGAN 69 3 3 0 4.83

25 WINFIELD 150 3 4 0 4.71

26 SHADY SPRING 117 3 4 0 4.14

27 WEBSTER COUNTY 142 3 4 0 3.86

28 WEIR 143 2 4 0 3.33

29 SUMMERS COUNTY 350 2 5 0 3.00

30 PHILIP BARBOUR 102 2 5 0 2.86

30 SHERMAN 119 2 5 0 2.86

32 BRAXTON COUNTY 8 2 5 0 2.71

33 OAK HILL 92 2 5 0 2.57 PENDING APPEAL

34 IAEGER 60 2 5 0 2.14

35 POINT PLEASANT 106 1 5 0 2.00

36 PETERSBURG 100 1 5 0 1.50

36 RITCHIE COUNTY 112 1 5 0 1.50

38 HERBERT HOOVER 53 0 6 0 0.00

38 LINCOLN 68 0 6 0 0.00

38 OAK GLEN 91 0 7 0 0.00

38 PIKEVIEW 349 0 6 0 0.00

[ QUOTE ]

2000 - NR, 4-6, missed playoffs

2001 - NR, 2-8, missed playoffs

2002 - #9, 6-4, lost in State Championship

2003 - #1, 8-1, lost in State Championship

2004 - #1, 10-0, won State Championship

2005 - #11, 5-4, lost in State Championship

2006 - #5, 6-3, lost in 2nd Round

[/ QUOTE ]

1999-#1 got crushed by wyoming east in state championship

[ QUOTE ]

i have a hard time believing that you guys can't pick up a 10th game. i know bluefield is good, but i have a hard time believing that only 7 in state and 2 out of state teams are not afraid to play you. and gomavs is right, our schedule isn't that much different than bluefields.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do u have a hard time believing this. coach Simon probably would not have complaned about it after the nitro scrimmage in the daily mail if it were not so

[ QUOTE ]

It hard to find opponents willing to play Bluefield that have matching open dates with Bluefield. Scheduling isn't as easy as it may seem to some, there's a lot that goes into putting a series together even after the teams agree to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's very true. I'm guessing (or assuming) that maybe that's part of the reason it's taken James Monroe several years to tweak on their schedule. We went from a past of being single A to having to develop a AA schedule. It's better than it was, but I know there's still a little room for improvement.

And despite what is being said by some, James Monroe has definitely upgraded their schedule in recent years and I believe their fans would agree it's made them a better program. I applaud their efforts, their current coach is lightyears beyond Don Jackson in-terms of wanting his teams to face good competition each week. If James Monroe would replace Narrows and PikeView with two more, at least average teams their schedule would look pretty solid.

[ QUOTE ]

And despite what is being said by some, James Monroe has definitely upgraded their schedule in recent years and I believe their fans would agree it's made them a better program. I applaud their efforts, their current coach is lightyears beyond Don Jackson in-terms of wanting his teams to face good competition each week. If James Monroe would replace Narrows and PikeView with two more, at least average teams their schedule would look pretty solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.how about Greenbrier East or Westside,Graham,Richlands,Giles,they need some more quality opponents.a lot of teams would like to play them im sure.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.how about Greenbrier East or Westside,Graham,Richlands,Giles,they need some more quality opponents.a lot of teams would like to play them im sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

James Monroe already has Greenbrier East on its schedule. We finish out the regular season with them. I wouldn't mind seeing Graham on the schedule. For one thing, travel wouldn't be an issue with a Graham/James Monroe game. Same with Giles. That would be okay. I don't know much about Richlands or Westside.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Westside = PikeView + 2 TDs

[/ QUOTE ]

Prepare for the Westside backlash.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right, I didn't give them enough credit...they did beat PikeView by 26...