James Monroe at Mt. View ?

gomavs

Now that some have had the opportunity to see both James Monroe and Mt. View play this year, what's the thoughts on the upcoming James Monroe/Mt. View game? I have to admit, despite what happened last night in Bluefield, Mt. View still worries me.

i didn't get to go to the game but i agree that we can't overlook MV. first of all we are playing in the pit, so that in and of itself is problematic. secondly MV does have speed and athleticism. third they are coming off of a big loss to bluefield. i am concerned but i think this may be the easiest of our last three games. we are a better team than MV but the best team doesn't always win. we just have to play well and we will be ok. Go Mavs!!

High must be healthy and play the entire game for Mount View to have any chance. He was battling some knee issues last week and according to the paper this morning suffered a bruised shoulder last night, which is why he left the game late in the first half. Bluefield's offensive and defensive lines dominated the game last night and I expect James Monroe's lines to do the same next week. This final score will be determined by the "High Factor," but I don't see the score being close one way or another. James Monroe wins by anywhere from three to five touchdowns...

if cordero high is still hurt like he was last night i predict another blowout.Graham had mt.view down in the first qtr 14-0 until he came in.so he does play a big part when hes healthy,but he had fluid drained off his knee and was on a crutch most of the week.

I could'nt count Mt View out of any football game on any given night. Year in and out this team fields some of the best athletes in the area. If they ever find a way to instill dicipline upon all of those young athletes, I feel as though they would be in the hunt every season.

[ QUOTE ]

I could'nt count Mt View out of any football game on any given night. Year in and out this team fields some of the best athletes in the area. If they ever find a way to instill dicipline upon all of those young athletes, I feel as though they would be in the hunt every season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gravely has been there 12 years or so, hasn't he? If the discipline hasn't happened now then it never will under him. The only hope for MV is to get a new head coach.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gravely has been there 12 years or so, hasn't he? If the discipline hasn't happened now then it never will under him. The only hope for MV is to get a new head coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I was just saying the same thing to my wife today. With the athletes that Mount View has, they should only lose to James Monroe 2 or 3 times a decade-tops, and break even with Bluefield. They should be winning 8 or 9 games during the season, and contending for the title every year. As of late none of those things have happened.

Gravely simply hasn't figured out how to get them to play their best on a consistent basis. They've reminded me of the New Orleans Saints for a while now.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they should only lose to James Monroe 2 or 3 times a decade-tops, and break even with Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they should only lose to James Monroe 2 or 3 times a decade-tops, and break even with Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you wish to share why this is so funny?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you wish to share why this is so funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple, because that was a stupid statement. If Mount View had the right man at the helm, Mount View should NEVER lose to James Monroe.And truthfully, They should only lose to Bluefield 2 or 3 times a decade. There are more athletes at Mount View than any other school for their size that I can think of except for William Campbell in Virginia. If they had the right man there, it should be Northfork basketball all over again......And in case you don't remember or are too young Northfork basketball won like 8 state titles in a row and 11 overall in like a 15 year period from the late 60's to the early 80's.

Mt View does have alot of talent, not sure, even with the right coach that they'll get to where Northfork was in the 60's and 70's. McDowell Co. in general has lost a huge amount of population since then, and talent along with it, but they could still have one of the best teams, alot better than they have right now.

Let me just say that there's been some pretty good football players on the team the past 12 years,but with that said take into consideration there's been a good number that were just as good or better that refused to play. The reason why I won't get into,but I'm sure you can figure out why if you've seen the games over the years lol.

[ QUOTE ]

Let me just say that there's been some pretty good football players on the team the past 12 years,but with that said take into consideration there's been a good number that were just as good or better that refused to play. The reason why I won't get into,but I'm sure you can figure out why if you've seen the games over the years lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the truth, if it's ever been told!!!!

With Cordero's knee messed up like it was, i dunno what this game will hold. If he plays and is healthy it will probably atleast be close, if not a win for the View. Without him, it's gonna be a blow away. Leon will want to pass alot, and that will turn into multiple interceptions.

Even if High is healty and plays in this game the Mvs will assign a spy to him,so unless someone else steps up it will be really hhhard for High to do what it takes to beat the Mavs without someone else making some plays on offense.

I do expect these kids to come out,and give all they got,because the way they were beaten by Bluefield should motivate them to come out and put everything on the line.

I know it's suppose to be a sin to have pride,and if these kids had it Bluefield took it from them,and when someone takes your pride like that you can either lay down and give up or get back up and fight for it. I might be an optomist,but I believe these kids will give it their all against the Mavs.

How many turnovers did MV have against Bluefield, poor special teams play, poor tackling? It's easy to see how you could score 62 points. I doubt if MV will turn the ball over that many times against JM, seven or eight times in the first half. I think the JM/MV score will be a lot closer then 62-0.

[ QUOTE ]

How many turnovers did MV have against Bluefield, poor special teams play, poor tackling? It's easy to see how you could score 62 points. I doubt if MV will turn the ball over that many times against JM, seven or eight times in the first half. I think the JM/MV score will be a lot closer then 62-0.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd see it will be too. Regarding the earlier post about assigning a "spy" on C. High, I could be wrong, but I doubt that will be the strategy. Biggest key will be the defensive ends not overpursueing, and and letting High, among others, get outside, our secondary has to play well against the pass too, they've always tried to throw on us.

Offensively-NO TURNOVERS! Wouldn't kick it to them on special teams either, don't want to give up easy points. If we make them work for every yard, we'll win and win big. If we make the mistakes, it'll be another nail-bitter, and we'll leave in a bad mood, but hopefully not.