BC @ VT

Ryan4VT

[ QUOTE ]

The loss now has Virginia Tech looking up at Virginia for the trip to the ACC conference title game, and barring Miami running the table (unlikely, based on the schedule), the Virginia-Virginia Tech game (given a Virginia victory over the anemic Wolfpack) on November 24th will be for the Coastal Division's birth to Jacksonville. The winner of that game will then play most likely Boston College. For the conference's sake, and for the opponent's sake, whether it be Virginia or Virginia Tech, it benefits everyone if Boston College stays in the top 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may have jinxed your team.

29-24 late in the 4th.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure looks that way.

I thought that the old Virginia team was gone. I thought there was a new kind of Virginia team: the kind that stole leads in the 4th quarter, not choked them away. Back to the drawing board...

I have to give it to the Wolfpack: that team appears to be buying into Tom O'Brien's system; they've played considerably better in the last two weeks. Evans played a monster game at quarterback, picking apart our questionable secondary. They hit our defense in the mouth, and for the first time since the 4th quarter of the Wyoming game, they crumbled. Offensively, it was a shock that Mike Groh didn't call plays to exploit the vulnerable Wolfpack rushing defense. He called 45 passes in that game; it was indefensible play calling: played right into their strengths. I personally was surprised Sewell didn't come back in for the final drive, if it was just cramps he was fighting.

Next week at home against Wake Forest is a huge gutcheck for this team, especially since a win at least assures us of controlling our own destiny as late as the last week of the regular season. Given that Miami loses at least once *KNOCK ON WOOD*

Virginia Tech's loss was far worse this one was for us. Granted, this one hurt. However, if you play with fire too many times, you'll wind up burned eventually. In short, I didn't see it coming, but I understand how it came about. Virginia Tech's was worse than that, I believe. There are no gimmes on either schedule. May the best team win on the 24th.