Anyone have JM-Bluefield updates?

Hokiebird7

The DEF definitely bailed out the OFF tonite! a cpl big plays from playmakers also bailed us! congrats to both but ill say this, on a rematch, JM cannot expect to be one dimensional and win, they better find a passign game!

Good Ball game seems both could move the ball fairly good at times...blfd made more plays and deserved to win this one...Looks to me as if Monroe never pratice two minute offense at all looks terrible...of course I guess the type of offense dictates that....However. bfld looked good tonigt I will give it to them they have a very solid team...If i was them I would have stuck to running the ball...Monroe's safety was eating them alive....blfd could run at will in the spread vs three man front...good game by both teams...I hope we see that match up again at Mitchell or Wheeling down the road.

[ QUOTE ]

The DEF definitely bailed out the OFF tonite! a cpl big plays from playmakers also bailed us! congrats to both but ill say this, on a rematch, JM cannot expect to be one dimensional and win, they better find a passign game!

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats to Bluefield on their win. The better team did win tonight. Having said that, if anyone from James Monroe can explain what went on tonight with some of the personnel assignments, I would appreciate it. Why did we seem to go away from what has been working all year? Perhaps we're playing around more injuries than what I realized we had, but I don't understand why our best backing block was standing on the sideline on offense instead of out doing what he's done so well. Is he still hurt? And I don't understand trying to run Ernie off the wing instead of out of the backfield. I'm clueless on a lot of things I saw. Perhaps the coaching staff thought what they were doing needed to be done, and if that's so, it didn't work. Should've tried something different. Or gone back to what has worked.

Anyway, congrats to Bluefield.

The Beavers were absolutely ruinning wild and at will and they decide to throw??? 2 TD's were missed in the first qtr b/c they were overthrown so why continue to go deep when the runnin game was working so well?? JM also was running the ball really well at times, radio said they were averaging 5.5 yrds a carry late in the 3rd and thats very good against a Blfd D but the D bent but didnt break! I think if JM is to have any success in late rnds in the playoffs they need to get a serious passing game..one dimension isnt going to cut it! these 2 will likely meet again. great game by 2 good teams!

[ QUOTE ]

The Beavers were absolutely ruinning wild and at will and they decide to throw??? 2 TD's were missed in the first qtr b/c they were overthrown so why continue to go deep when the runnin game was working so well?? JM also was running the ball really well at times, radio said they were averaging 5.5 yrds a carry late in the 3rd and thats very good against a Blfd D but the D bent but didnt break! I think if JM is to have any success in late rnds in the playoffs they need to get a serious passing game..one dimension isnt going to cut it! these 2 will likely meet again. great game by 2 good teams!

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing that kept this game close was Bluefield's poor play calling and an ineffective QB...Bluefield QB 2-10 for 12 yards and 2 INTS...he completed as many to JM as he did his own team...

James Monroe had a good passing game against Wyoming East (I think it was Wyoming East). I can't remember with certainty, but I'm thinking JM had somewhere around 200 yards in passing that night. But tonight Bluefield's defense was penetrating into the backfield way too quick for JM to be able to establish any sort of a passing game.

Offensive play calling almost cost us the game tonight. I couldn't believe that Bluefield threw the ball when they had just stopped JM in the 4th with about 9:50 remaining. We were very lucky that it wasn't ran back for a TD, although it was very close. James Monroe played very hard and never gave up. They have a very good team, better than what I expected.

Something else that irked is why Bluefield went away from Shawn Brooks in the 4th quarter when he already had 100 yards plus by the 4th. He was eating JM alive with the inside hand-off running plays from the shotgun. Interestingly enough, Bluefield seemed to have more success running inside the tackles tonight than they did on the edges.

[ QUOTE ]

Offensive play calling almost cost us the game tonight. I couldn't believe that Bluefield threw the ball when they had just stopped JM in the 4th with about 9:50 remaining. We were very lucky that it wasn't ran back for a TD, although it was very close. James Monroe played very hard and never gave up. They have a very good team, better than what I expected.

Something else that irked is why Bluefield went away from Shawn Brooks in the 4th quarter when he already had 100 yards plus by the 4th. He was eating JM alive with the inside hand-off running plays from the shotgun. Interestingly enough, Bluefield seemed to have more success running inside the tackles tonight than they did on the edges.

[/ QUOTE ]

just a quick conclusion...

passing in the 4th would have established a COUPLE of positive things. 1-will didn't have a very good game last week, and he needed to reestablish his confidence and tenacity before next weeks game..a touchdown pass to AP would most definately boost his everything for next week. Also, JM knew that brooks has been running all over them, and expected something up the middle. so the pass was to open things up a bit and take some of the heat off the middle of the pack. perhaps they knew we were running right at them the whole night, but they are an extremely tough and well coached team and a 4th quarter being played by a team who's down like them is definitely going to be played that extra 10% harder. so taking that little bit of pressure off the backs and line would help out all the aspects of the beaver offense.

had will thrown for 6 instead of a turnover, i do believe there would be a few more positive things being said. yes, the play call was different and unexpected, but we haven't had any major problems with our calling for the last 7 games, and now we're 8-0. the team isn't just getting better every week, the entire team is getting better...and yes, coaches are on our team as well. so good play calling, and i believe we'll learn from our mistakes tomorrow at film and monday come out with Scott and Mr. Tailback Roberts or Robertson or whomever...he's darn good. so enjoy this one this weekend, and come ready to support your beav's at laidley next friday night at 7:30 smile.gif

i understand all about putting the defense off your plays and throwin them off rhythm. In order to build confidence for cole for NEXT week?? they better have worrried more about THIS week b/c i guarantee JM will be 5X tougher than Scott! One game at a time and i guess the questions are why throw the ball when ONE rb had 132 yrds on 9 carries??? The ground came was dismantling JM so stick to whats workin until they stop it..thats all we're saying...throwing the ball while trying to boost Coles confidence could've very easily resulted in a loss.

[ QUOTE ]

i understand all about putting the defense off your plays and throwin them off rhythm. In order to build confidence for cole for NEXT week?? they better have worrried more about THIS week b/c i guarantee JM will be 5X tougher than Scott! One game at a time and i guess the questions are why throw the ball when ONE rb had 132 yrds on 9 carries??? The ground came was dismantling JM so stick to whats workin until they stop it..thats all we're saying...throwing the ball while trying to boost Coles confidence could've very easily resulted in a loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

the confidence booster was just an extra for sure, i didnt mean to make it sound equally as important as the game at hand.

the mavs were setting up with 8 in the box, coming downhill for sure ready to pound on us. sure, we've been running all over them the whole game, but they were on their heels with the chance of a pass in mind. even the incomplete passes scared them because we were obviously open, we just didn't follow through. so that the main thing we wanted to do...take the pressure off the line and the backs by making that 8 in the box 6, and giving brooks or patterson the ball for 6. that's all...but we won. we found a way to win, and we did. ACT's in the morning...enjoy the win!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just a quick conclusion...

passing in the 4th would have established a COUPLE of positive things. 1-will didn't have a very good game last week, and he needed to reestablish his confidence and tenacity before next weeks game..a touchdown pass to AP would most definately boost his everything for next week. Also, JM knew that brooks has been running all over them, and expected something up the middle. so the pass was to open things up a bit and take some of the heat off the middle of the pack. perhaps they knew we were running right at them the whole night, but they are an extremely tough and well coached team and a 4th quarter being played by a team who's down like them is definitely going to be played that extra 10% harder. so taking that little bit of pressure off the backs and line would help out all the aspects of the beaver offense.

had will thrown for 6 instead of a turnover, i do believe there would be a few more positive things being said. yes, the play call was different and unexpected, but we haven't had any major problems with our calling for the last 7 games, and now we're 8-0. the team isn't just getting better every week, the entire team is getting better...and yes, coaches are on our team as well. so good play calling, and i believe we'll learn from our mistakes tomorrow at film and monday come out with Scott and Mr. Tailback Roberts or Robertson or whomever...he's darn good. so enjoy this one this weekend, and come ready to support your beav's at laidley next friday night at 7:30 smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But Bluefield DID NOT NEED TO PASS!!! They were running the ball down JM's throat all night...JM didn't have the speed to keep up with Brooks and they were playing the perimeter so much that the middle was open for Lilly all night. Get the ball, run it down the field, take time off the clock, and possibly score again to put the game out of reach. Throwing the ball in the fourth quarter of a tight game isn't going to help Cole...

[ QUOTE ]

the confidence booster was just an extra for sure, i didnt mean to make it sound equally as important as the game at hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, that was a real "confidence booster" to allow him to throw another INT. Pretty sure lots of fans were losing confidence in the OC and the QB last night...

I wouldn't beat up too bad on the QB. I knew going into this one that if Bluefield went to a passing game, there would be at least two or more interceptions. Not because I feel Bluefield has a bad passing, but because I knew that James Monroe's passing defense has really improved this year over past years.