Anyone have JM-Bluefield updates?

Hokiebird7

[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't beat up too bad on the QB. I knew going into this one that if Bluefield went to a passing game, there would be at least two or more interceptions. Not because I feel Bluefield has a bad passing, but because I knew that James Monroe's passing defense has really improved this year over past years.

[/ QUOTE ]

James Monroe was playing pass first in a cover four most of the night. theyre top priority was beat the pass to beat bluefield. but bluefield is not a pass dominant team. i would say about 60% run, 40% pass.

[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't beat up too bad on the QB. I knew going into this one that if Bluefield went to a passing game, there would be at least two or more interceptions. Not because I feel Bluefield has a bad passing, but because I knew that James Monroe's passing defense has really improved this year over past years.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were two passes that could've been TD for passes for Bluefield in the first half when Ponder beat the coverage on two separate occasions, only to have Cole overthrow the ball both times.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There were two passes that could've been TD for passes for Bluefield in the first half when Ponder beat the coverage on two separate occasions, only to have Cole overthrow the ball both times.

[/ QUOTE ]

by over 10 yards on both occasions...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

both passes were in the 1st qtr i think and were back to back passes on same play call to 2 different WR's

[/ QUOTE ]

they were back to back but both were to ponder... Mr. Redd probably screwed that up for you haha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

both passes were in the 1st qtr i think and were back to back passes on same play call to 2 different WR's

[/ QUOTE ]

they were back to back but both were to ponder... Mr. Redd probably screwed that up for you haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep...

"both passes were in the 1st qtr i think and were back to back passes on same play call to 2 different WR's

they were back to back but both were to ponder... Mr. Redd probably screwed that up for you haha "

yes apparently Mr Redd did get it wrong..i think he said the 2nd pass was to Joyner....either way i know for a fact he didnt say both passes were to Ponder..no biggie i guess, just wouldve been nice to have that extra score early on

[ QUOTE ]

I think if JM is to have any success in late rnds in the playoffs they need to get a serious passing game..one dimension isnt going to cut it! these 2 will likely meet again. great game by 2 good teams!

[/ QUOTE ]

First let me say congrats to Bluefield on being the better of the two teams last friday. Secondly, Tom you took the words right out of my mouth. If someone who lives in TN can see that, does coach whitt not think other teams notice this. It's not necessarily that we can't throw but we never try. We get ahead by 4 TD's in games and yet we ever take the time to work on our passing game in game conditions!!!! What in the world. Let me put this in perspective for Mav's fans. Grant it this is my opinion but I believe it is valid. We lose too many tough games by a close score when we have several opportunities to capitalize and win. A few years ago we lost by a TD to Bluefield in a playoff game. We were driving late and all of a sudden whitt decides to pass and it get's intercepted. Last year we had opportunity after opportunity to beat Tolsia and we lose by a point. A late Int. hurt us in that game. Then this past Friday Whitt tries to run around the end when we have the ball at the 6. We lose yards and come away with no points. If you have 4 downs to gain six yards run straight at them!! Bluefield has too much speed to run outside!! I'm sorry but I am sick and tired of losing close games that could go either way. I take nothing away from Bluefield or the other teams that have beaten us late in the playoffs but you would think that we could at least pull one of those games out every now and then. But the reality is, "in my opinion" unless Coach Whitt changes some things on offense we might as well get ready to lose in the second or third round of the playoffs again this year. Bascially one of three things is going to happen at JM. Either Whitt can get some more balance in the offense, or we can get a new coach who will, or we can keep Whitt with his one dimensional offense and get used to the idea of probably never going to state. You may think this sounds harsh or that i am crazy but I saw us lose to Dupont, Wyoming East, and Bluefield under Jackson who made bonehead offensive calls during those games and now I've watched Whitt do the same thing against Bluefield and Tolsia in the playoffs and last friday was no exception. I do not claim to know it all but I am telling you that if we want to go from being a good football program to a great football program something needs to change and I would tell that to Whitt's face if it would help.

mavsgrad...

I agree with you. But I don't think he will change anything. He is just set in his ways, and that's just the way it is.

I believe the fans should get more vocal and let him know how we feel.

i'm not sure. i do know that they have thrown some conventional formations into the playbook but haven't really used them. i also know that Giles can pass out of there single wing. i think it's just Whitt thinking he knows it all and not being willing to change. Willie thax for your agreement and I wish more people would speak up as well. Maybe if enough people will make enough noise it might make a difference.

[ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure. i do know that they have thrown some conventional formations into the playbook but haven't really used them. i also know that Giles can pass out of there single wing. i think it's just Whitt thinking he knows it all and not being willing to change. Willie thax for your agreement and I wish more people would speak up as well. Maybe if enough people will make enough noise it might make a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm optimistic that this loss may turn out to be a good thing. Too many people, and even some players, were frustrated with the coaching craziness that transpired Friday night. Maybe they'll critique what happened and flip to a few of those unvisited pages in the playbook. It's not too late.