Will Princeton ever be a contender?

wvuraiders

Every year I hear the same thing, Princeton is young. this year yes they are but for the past 4 to 5 years I have heard the same thing...Will they ever contend in AAA. Got a few good players but no depth at all...what needs to change?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Every year I hear the same thing, Princeton is young. this year yes they are but for the past 4 to 5 years I have heard the same thing...Will they ever contend in AAA. Got a few good players but no depth at all...what needs to change?

[/ QUOTE ]

they do not have the depth, especially when it comes down to straight athletes to compete in AAA. Coaching does not help them either.

Maybe if 3 things take place.

1. New Coaching at least the head coach.

2. Out of the "WV SEC"

3. Town growth and hopefully population growth.

oh yeah.....get a couple buddies to move my way and have a boy to play with mine in hs!

Don't let the field general toss you a curve ball what I hear his son was a heck of a player on this year's middle school team at Princeton.

[ QUOTE ]

Fieldgeneral not sure who you are, did your son play for Princeton Middle this year or is he younger than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep 8th grade. They went undefeated this year. He got Mono and didnt get to play the last game, but I hear that they crushed Stratton. Really only two close games all year, against Eastern Greenbrier, and the second game against Bluefield.

I cannot believe the modesty and character fieldgeneral shows..he does not like to brag...I think he was thinking of one of his son's body parts. 24 inches is impressive.

[ QUOTE ]

LOL............he's a whopping 8 lbs....and 24 inches tall! He led the team in broken facemasks! So your son is 8th grade truth?

[/ QUOTE ]

A new coach, a good coach, could do wonders at Princeton. While they'll never be a powerhouse there is no reason they shouldn't make the playoffs every year and seriously contend every few years with the talent they have there. Watch Princeton's middle school and little league teams, watch all the talent they have. Then watch that talent when it arrives at the high school, it doesn't get any better. A kid like Tevin Allen could be a very special player for Princeton, but he better not depend on the coaches there to help him improve.

princetons problem starts with little lg its sad when you put little kids on a waiting list to play.two kids i can remember they refused to let play were the gardner twins.they went to the minutemen and beat the raiders for the championship.too much ego in princeton little lg turns alot of kids away.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

When the opposing team scores on every possesion, you are pretty much doomed. My hunting buddy said Nitro was trying not score, and they couldnt stay out of the endzone...

Princeton will continue to hurt for years to come. They dont have the athletes to run the spread, nor the coaching at the high school level.

you guys are a joke..........do you know any of the coaches at Princeton? Do you know what they coach or how they coach it? Look at the teams Princeton has had.........I admit I think they should have won more games the last 2 years but thats what you get when you play in the MSAC......look at Princetons Offense before this year.....I bet you they averaged more than Blfd did....if not real damn close.....2nd losing season for Princeton in 15years......give me a break

how many does Freddie put into college....how many has Princeton put into college.........Freddie says what he needs to get them there and then does nothing to help kids in college recruiting....I know this because I know 2 kids personally he has done this to.......and to talk about the middle school records....yes Princeton Middle School went undefeated this year and they did an outstanding job.....look at who they are playing.....Bluefield of course...Collins (OakHill)......Stratton (Beckley)......Mountain View (Mt. View) ........Blacksburg.....Eastern Greenbrier (East)......the High School is playing elite teams in the state week in and week out and yes I include Blfd in this category.....Not playing all AA schools

[ QUOTE ]

you guys are a joke..........do you know any of the coaches at Princeton? Do you know what they coach or how they coach it? Look at the teams Princeton has had.........I admit I think they should have won more games the last 2 years but thats what you get when you play in the MSAC......look at Princetons Offense before this year.....I bet you they averaged more than Blfd did....if not real damn close.....2nd losing season for Princeton in 15years......give me a break

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd losing season for Princeton in the last four years...3rd "non-winning" season in the last six years...