Will Princeton ever be a contender?

wvuraiders

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, Duard and i didnt get along too well..that was a bad day for him, never seen him so scared or drop so many papers at one time!! ha, but i got either 6 or 9 days home for that lil stunt..cant remember excatly but trust me, i was hell on wheels and i regret some of the stupid sh*t i pulled, from fighting to harrassing teachers to fornicating in skool...i had a lot to learn! haha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The put the points on the board tonight, 42. However, they gave up 77 in a 77-42 loss to Nitro...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's some Pretty bad D, for both sides.

[/ QUOTE ]

28 pts. from int retturns and special teams debacles

[ QUOTE ]

Call the Kanawa County Supt office and talk them into allowing their Middle Schools to travel out of county and then PMS will play them. You can not have 8 away games and sustain a program.

[/ QUOTE ]

PMS doesn't have to play 8 away, play 3 or so from Kanawa county.....come on man, wquit making excuses. Easy to get Coach of the year if you play dinky-ass schools every year, schedule yourself yup to your level, quit being the big bully who picks on the little kids. Heck why not play glenwood, there as good as the homecoming team u played this year!

"PMS doesn't have to play 8 away, play 3 or so from Kanawa county.....come on man, wquit making excuses. Easy to get Coach of the year if you play dinky-ass schools every year, schedule yourself yup to your level, quit being the big bully who picks on the little kids. Heck why not play glenwood, there as good as the homecoming team u played this year!"

TO Bystander:

PMS will play anybody at any time anywhere. Have tried to schedule Kanawa County Schools, they cant travel. We have played Wayne two times up there, scrimmiged John Adams up there, tried to play Hurricane, Hayes Jr High school, and any body that wants to play in both Virginia and West Virginia. If you can get anybody to play PMS please call the school. They will be happy to schedule a game.

I was Just wondering where it is that you coach. I can see that you are an expert on Princeton football and all. My guess is you probably never played or coached. Oh well! It seems that if you are a G-man then you would know that they dropped PMS and if you are a Bluefield faithful you would know the story from the past couple of years. Either way the PMS Coach is known for his ability to win big games even while disciplining his players. It is hard to schedule teams that will play you at their home only. It does take money to run a program as successful as that Peek guy has at the middle school.

U never had anyone the calibur of Amhad Bradshaw!

U must be a PMS coach since u know all about their scheduling and teams who turned them down....those aren't printed in papers.

Excuse me......NY Giants are on line 1, time to put the little Middle School on hold.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

how many does Freddie put into college....how many has Princeton put into college.........Freddie says what he needs to get them there and then does nothing to help kids in college recruiting....I know this because I know 2 kids personally he has done this to.......and to talk about the middle school records....yes Princeton Middle School went undefeated this year and they did an outstanding job.....look at who they are playing.....Bluefield of course...Collins (OakHill)......Stratton (Beckley)......Mountain View (Mt. View) ........Blacksburg.....Eastern Greenbrier (East)......the High School is playing elite teams in the state week in and week out and yes I include Blfd in this category.....Not playing all AA schools

[/ QUOTE ]

Princeton always has good middle school teams but when those kids get to the High School level, they flounder...has to be COACHING...

[/ QUOTE ]

thats exactly what it is.COACHING.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

you really have no idea what your talking about.....may god bless all of those who speak without knowing

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I agree...I hope He blesses you...

[/ QUOTE ]

You read my mind Gman... lol

Having a good Middle School squad is not a solid gauge of the talent a High School squad may expect. Consider this:

Kids mature (grow) differently. A kid who has the size and ability to play line at the middle school level may not mature rapidly enough (or at all) to be effective at the same positions in High School. The same can be said for any position (in any sport). Strength and athleticism change drastically from the years a kid spends in Middle School thru their years at High School.

I have limited knowledge of Athletics at Princeton and will comment on the state of (or future of) the football program. I do however, believe that the success of any Middle school program does not reflect the future of related High School Programs.

[ QUOTE ]

Having a good Middle School squad is not a solid gauge of the talent a High School squad may expect. Consider this:

Kids mature (grow) differently. A kid who has the size and ability to play line at the middle school level may not mature rapidly enough (or at all) to be effective at the same positions in High School. The same can be said for any position (in any sport). Strength and athleticism change drastically from the years a kid spends in Middle School thru their years at High School.

I have limited knowledge of Athletics at Princeton and will comment on the state of (or future of) the football program. I do however, believe that the success of any Middle school program does not reflect the future of related High School Programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. However, in some years you would think that those talented, competitive middle school teams that Princeton produces would translate into better varsity teams down the road.