Bluefield Shady Spring

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Has offically been cancelled... Shady has dropped the beavers even after the contract for the refs had been signed. Found this out from the refs who were doung the game and they found it out from SImon.

the question is... who will Bluefield pick up?

Any ideas

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i would love to see bluefield play teams like marion as well. Blacksburg wiould be great too, dont know if we would win that one but it would be better than a 60-0 blowout of shady...

[ QUOTE ]

Has offically been cancelled... Shady has dropped the beavers even after the contract for the refs had been signed. Found this out from the refs who were doung the game and they found it out from SImon.

the question is... who will Bluefield pick up?

Any ideas

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that Shady has maybe dropped James Monroe as well.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

well i hope one team will grow some balls and play us... WHEELING CENTRAL... man i hate those guys...

[ QUOTE ]

It appears Shady has not only dropped two teams from their schedule, but their balls also. I'm sure Pikeview and Montcalm will be getting calls from the Shady AD soon. Pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh don't worry, they're already playing Pikeview, only beat them 13-6 this year too. That's the first I've heard about them dropping JM. Where'd you guys hear that from.

honestly i think that if playing va schools would not hurt the beavers in the wv standings they should look into playing more local va aa schools like christiansburg blacksburg marion abingdon carroll county and other schools. i do feel it would make them even better than they already are which is scary lol.we can only hope. wish vhsl would allow wv school to play in va district and compete.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree. At least the SWVA will play the area teams! The southern WV teams just hate getting bumped from playoffs every year. Either [censored] or get off the pot !@

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an idea......Maybe the southern west virginia schools can form there own conference how is this....

Independence

Shady Spring

Liberty-Raliegh

Wyoming East

Westside

Iaeger

PikeView

They can call this district the vagina conference since all these teams seem to have one. Seriously, this is exactly why Bluefield and James Monroe will dominate these cupcakes every year and will compete for championships while this bunch looks for single A teams to play.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I agree. At least the SWVA will play the area teams! The southern WV teams just hate getting bumped from playoffs every year. Either [censored] or get off the pot !@

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an idea......Maybe the southern west virginia schools can form there own conference how is this....

Independence

Shady Spring

Liberty-Raliegh

Wyoming East

Westside

Iaeger

PikeView

They can call this district the vagina conference since all these teams seem to have one. Seriously, this is exactly why Bluefield and James Monroe will dominate these cupcakes every year and will compete for championships while this bunch looks for single A teams to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry...that's where its heading...as I've said in the past, all the SoWV schools sans Mount View, Bluefield, and James Monroe are going to form their own conference so they will have full schedules every year and not have to play the three I listed. Some of you laughed at me when I posted that but its looking more and more like I said it would...

Shady is as good as a bye anyway. They are just getting tired of the beavs dominating. I wish we could consolidate with somebody, just enough to become AAA. We will take the generals from montcalm.

Just for information: There is a conference in Southern West Virginia, it is called the coalfield conference. Just about every A and AA school in the south is in it. Princeton, Greenbrier East, Nicholas County, and Woodrow used to be in it until they left for the MSAC. I said just about every one because Bluefield is not a member, it used to be but is not anymore. I was told that they got out because other schools in it would not play Bluefield. It was discussed this past year that we require members to play other members, in hopes of enticing Bluefield to get back in. If that would happen it could benefit both Bluefield for scheduling purposes, and the conference would have a very strong member. Many of the AA schools in the south that duck Bluefield would be forced to play them or get out of the conference themselves. BYW Bluefield is entitled to play up in AAA if they so choose. Williamson did it for years, other have on occasion. Just remember a AA power is just another AAA contender.

If we are a double AA school, we are entitled to play in the AA class. These schools, particularly shady, wyoming east, and liberty raleigh are exactly what he said they are... vaginas. if you can't beat us....run.... what a buncha wusses

I believe I heard just a few years ago that Simon sent letters to every AAA and AA school in the state asking for a game and they would go to the opponet's place to play the game and he did not hear back from one school. Even last year in the Charleston Gazette, Simon was quoted about scheduling problems. It takes two to tango

[ QUOTE ]

honestly i think that if playing va schools would not hurt the beavers in the wv standings they should look into playing more local va aa schools like christiansburg blacksburg marion abingdon carroll county and other schools. i do feel it would make them even better than they already are which is scary lol.we can only hope. wish vhsl would allow wv school to play in va district and compete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing VA schools doesnot hurt WV schools. They are classified as a WV school and treated the same way.

since va classifications are grades 9-12, and wv classifications are 9-11, the va school is given an equivalent 9-11 classification. Roughly a virginia school with 600 enrollment 9-12 would have 450 enrollment 9-11. That is why some schools that are AA in VA are worth AAA points in WV. its all based on WVs system and any out of state team is given an equivalent classification in the wv system based on their 9-11 enrollment.

id rather see Blfd have 9 games year in year out than be forced into playin in a weak conference that offers no challenges. Bluefield is better off being battled tested by opponents that can compete rather than a bunch of wannabe schools with zero heart! I dont wantt o see them locked intoa BS conference.

[ QUOTE ]

Just for information: There is a conference in Southern West Virginia, it is called the coalfield conference. Just about every A and AA school in the south is in it. Princeton, Greenbrier East, Nicholas County, and Woodrow used to be in it until they left for the MSAC. I said just about every one because Bluefield is not a member, it used to be but is not anymore. I was told that they got out because other schools in it would not play Bluefield. It was discussed this past year that we require members to play other members, in hopes of enticing Bluefield to get back in. If that would happen it could benefit both Bluefield for scheduling purposes, and the conference would have a very strong member. Many of the AA schools in the south that duck Bluefield would be forced to play them or get out of the conference themselves. BYW Bluefield is entitled to play up in AAA if they so choose. Williamson did it for years, other have on occasion. Just remember a AA power is just another AAA contender.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coalfield Conference does not exist for football...although there will be a football conference in the near future without the southern three included...the "other" schools DON'T WANT TO PLAY BLUEFIELD, JAMES MONROE, OR MOUNT VIEW...

Here are the teams that are going to be in the "new" football conference...

Oak Hill

Liberty-Raleigh

Independence

Shady Spring

Westside

Wyoming East

PikeView

Summers Co.

Iaeger

There's nine teams with a guaranteed eight games. Also, look for the new Mingo Co. consolidated school to try to get in on the action as well. Doesn't leave much room for anyone else on the schedule...

Coalfield Conference does not exist for football...although there will be a football conference in the near future without the southern three included...the "other" schools DON'T WANT TO PLAY BLUEFIELD, JAMES MONROE, OR MOUNT VIEW...

Here are the teams that are going to be in the "new" football conference...

Oak Hill

Liberty-Raleigh

Independence

Shady Spring

Westside

Wyoming East

PikeView

Summers Co.

Iaeger

There's nine teams with a guaranteed eight games. Also, look for the new Mingo Co. consolidated school to try to get in on the action as well. Doesn't leave much room for anyone else on the schedule...

[/ QUOTE ]

That explains why I've heard that Liberty-Raleigh is also dropping James Monroe.

I beg to differ, the Coalfield Conference DOES exist for football. Don't know where you get your information from but it does exist, Bluefield is not a part of it. Conferences in West Va. are pretty much for show anyways. They have no bearing on playoffs like they do in Va.