Va.Tech

Blues_56

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Vic Hall play against Tazewell in the state semis his senior year. His running stole the show but what really impressed me was his arm strength. He reminded me of Michael/Marcus and Tyrod because he might not have the best accuracy with his throws but it was a laser. Im suprised that Coach Beamer didnt gobble him up because he probably wouldve used him at QB. It wouldve been nice to him step in last year over Glennon

[ QUOTE ]

I watched Vic Hall play against Tazewell in the state semis his senior year. His running stole the show but what really impressed me was his arm strength. He reminded me of Michael/Marcus and Tyrod because he might not have the best accuracy with his throws but it was a laser. Im suprised that Coach Beamer didnt gobble him up because he probably wouldve used him at QB. It wouldve been nice to him step in last year over Glennon

[/ QUOTE ]

He committed to UVA his junior year thanks to Groh telling him he would play QB and Beamer respected that committment and did not recruit him.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Groh converted Hall, the Virginia all-time touchdown passer to cornerback. I disagree strongly with that change, but I'm not paid $1.7 million to coach the team. In my opinion, Hall much better on offense, perhaps as a HB/WR hybrid; he's downright explosive when he gets the ball in his hand. Hall's learning curve at cornerback has been slower than anticipated, but he's making strides a bit at a time. He caught his first career interception in the Miami game, and very nearly another in the third quarter.

[/ QUOTE ]

i def agree but with his height at 5'9 there are few given a chance to play QB at that level even tho i believe he would be a great QB in a spread . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Hagans was the same size as Hall if I remember correctly and there was questions why Hall was moved to defense. Hagans did pretty well as an undersized qb. He practically beat F$U all by himself a couple of years ago.

Like uvaobserver said, we are not paid $1.7m to coach the team.

Hagans was just one inch taller than Hall: "officially" listed at 5'10''. He was also twenty pounds heavier, but the muscle mass helped him absorb some of the shots that quarterbacks take. Hall is still a little wiry, less muscle mass than one would expect.

Frankly, if Vic Hall was 6'2'', there's no doubt in my mind he would be the starting quarterback right now. A 5'9'' quarterback could work well in the spread, but Virginia doesn't have the receivers for it this year, and Groh likes pro-style offenses, anyway. Also, Virginia has an offensive line that is better than most, and Groh likes to take advantage of that in ace or big sets. In short, it appears that Groh believes that Hall is just too short to see/throw over the big offensive line; it's a shame, really, because he has some incredible talent.

[ QUOTE ]

Tazewell? they made it that far?

[/ QUOTE ]

That year (2004) they did. Beat Graham and Virginia High along the way in the first two rounds. They had four losses in the regular season.

G-man and I had a bet for that game. He said that Gretna would win by no less then five TD's (35 pts). I took the under. Final was 55-28.