Va.Tech

Blues_56

Hokies win it today in blacksburg to go 9-2 and head into Charlottesville w/momentum after finally getting some rushing yards today, they beat Miami 44-14, if scores match VT anbd UVA up then this will be the best game for both teams and closest and most meaningful game in the ACC this year. So lets start the smack talk and bring out the rivalry statistics cause in one week it will be UVA and VT for the Division crown and chance to play in the ACC CHAMP game.GO HOKIES!!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Hokies win it today in blacksburg to go 9-2 and head into Charlottesville w/momentum after finally getting some rushing yards today, they beat Miami 44-14, if scores match VT anbd UVA up then this will be the best game for both teams and closest and most meaningful game in the ACC this year. So lets start the smack talk and bring out the rivalry statistics cause in one week it will be UVA and VT for the Division crown and chance to play in the ACC CHAMP game.GO HOKIES!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's put-up or shut-up time now. The records are mirror-images: 9-2 (6-1). Both defenses are in the top quarter of the nation, and both offenses are in the bottom quarter of the nation. One team looking to continue nearly two decades of dominance, one team looking to shake past demons to assert its claim of football legitimacy. The most firmly entrenched coach in the ACC, against one who didn't appear to stay in town after Week 1.

Virginia Tech-Virginia. November 24th, Charlottesville, Virginia. Winner moves on to take on Boston College in the ACC title game. Let's do it!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's put-up or shut-up time now. The records are mirror-images: 9-2 (6-1). Both defenses are in the top quarter of the nation, and both offenses are in the bottom quarter of the nation. One team looking to continue nearly two decades of dominance, one team looking to shake past demons to assert its claim of football legitimacy. The most firmly entrenched coach in the ACC, against one who didn't appear to stay in town after Week 1.

Virginia Tech-Virginia. November 24th, Charlottesville, Virginia. Winner moves on to take on Boston College in the ACC title game. Let's do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

The records may be mirror images of each other...however, VT's two loses came from the #2 team in the country at the time of each game (one from the current #1 team), Virginia's two loses...not so much. I do agree however that both teams have gotten better every game this season, and Virginia will be a real test for VT. In the end I am going to say VT by 10.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The records may be mirror images of each other...however, VT's two loses came from the #2 team in the country at the time of each game (one from the current #1 team), Virginia's two loses...not so much. I do agree however that both teams have gotten better every game this season, and Virginia will be a real test for VT. In the end I am going to say VT by 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn! You beat me to it!!! LOL

You can transform any statistic, a la the "Virginia Tech's only lost to second-ranked teams", into something that supports your side. For example, Virginia Tech is 1-2 against ranked teams this season. Virginia is undefeated against ranked teams. So, there are two sides to everything, I suppose.

I highly doubt this game will be decided by more than one score either way. Virginia has had two weeks to gameplan for Virginia Tech's dual-threat offense; likewise, the offense has had two weeks to scheme in order to advance the ball against Virginia Tech's great defense. This smashmouth game will take all 60 minutes to decide.

Of course, I can't pick against my own team. Chris Gould hits a 47-yard field goal as time expires to win "The Showdown" in Cavalier fashion, sending Charlottesville into euphoria and sending Virginia to the ACC title game.

Virginia: 24

Virginia Tech: 23

Yeah,12 oclock is a tough time for a game of this caliber. But it won't matter how much time UVA has to prepare, they will get beat by at least 10 points. Tech's offense has finally found their stride in the two quarterback system,as well as Ore finding his old ways of tough running. There isca lot of pressure on Chris Long to continue his dominance, but one man won't be able to disrupt the more and more potent offense of Tech. Also, our big, fast, and physical receivers will really expose the not up to par secondary of UVA.

Should I mention the defense and special teams? It has been a fun season for the hoos. It will be a tough physical game saturday. But the hokies are going to be too much for UVA to handle.

[ QUOTE ]

You can transform any statistic, a la the "Virginia Tech's only lost to second-ranked teams", into something that supports your side. For example, Virginia Tech is 1-2 against ranked teams this season. Virginia is undefeated against ranked teams. So, there are two sides to everything, I suppose.

I highly doubt this game will be decided by more than one score either way. Virginia has had two weeks to gameplan for Virginia Tech's dual-threat offense; likewise, the offense has had two weeks to scheme in order to advance the ball against Virginia Tech's great defense. This smashmouth game will take all 60 minutes to decide.

Of course, I can't pick against my own team. Chris Gould hits a 47-yard field goal as time expires to win "The Showdown" in Cavalier fashion, sending Charlottesville into euphoria and sending Virginia to the ACC title game.

Virginia: 24

Virginia Tech: 23

[/ QUOTE ]

What ranked teams has UVA played? Wake Forest, who was ranked 24 when they played them, and are no longer in the top 25. Didnt UVA only beat them by 1? Oh, and there is Connecticut (who UVA also beat by 1) who was not ranked when UVA played them, and is now ranked 20 in the AP, and in all likelyhood they will probably not even be in the top 25 after they get beat by WVU next week. So, I guess you are right you can make any stat look like something that it isn't. laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Records as mirror images? Yes the numbers coincide but that's it. UVA has lost to Wyoming and N.C. State while VT has lost to #1 LSU and # 14 BC.

no need for name calling smile.gif

I'd love to see the name Hoffmeister put up wink.gif.

Again, I highly, highly doubt that this game will be decided by more than one score either way. Virginia isn't a team that "goes away" in the fourth quarter (unlike Florida State, Miami, etc.). Virginia isn't a team that quits when someone hits them in the mouth (unlike Clemson). This team, while possessing overall talent inferior to Virginia Tech, has more grit and determination than any Virginia team I've ever seen.

Likewise, it is unwise to totally discount a bye week. One week of practice will prepare you for a game; two weeks of practice will make you confident about it. As I've said earlier, Virginia doesn't have the most talent on the field; they make a living on out-scheming opponents. For goodness sakes, they script their entire first offensive drive (which has often resulted in a score). Also, Virginia has had two weeks to rest nagging injuries. As a result, this will be the healthiest the Hoos have been since Cedric Peerman went down against Middle Tennessee State.

It will take the full 60 minutes to decide this game, I believe.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Records as mirror images? Yes the numbers coincide but that's it. UVA has lost to Wyoming and N.C. State while VT has lost to #1 LSU and # 14 BC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering, where did UVAObserver call names? Despite our difference in opinion, I won't let a great friend of mine be unjustly accused of something he didn't do. He knows as well as I that it will be a hard fought game. And as we know, it will be determined on the field Saturday. The rivalry between Tech and UVA is a healthy one that is handled with dignity and sportsmanship on both sides of the ball. It is two great schools representing the greatest state in the nation sporting against each other in a way that is unique and dignified, showing what the word "rivalry" is all about. The great thing about the Tech/UVA rivalry is that when all is said and done, we can put aside all differences, have the figurative drink together, and know that we are a symbol of what rivals are supposed to be. Not personal challenges and complexes against each other but a time to test our brawn and will against our friends and counterparts in everything outside of sport.

Does Tech have that with WVU? That's not for me to answer.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering, where did UVAObserver call names? Despite our difference in opinion, I won't let a great friend of mine be unjustly accused of something he didn't do. He knows as well as I that it will be a hard fought game. And as we know, it will be determined on the field Saturday. The rivalry between Tech and UVA is a healthy one that is handled with dignity and sportsmanship on both sides of the ball. It is two great schools representing the greatest state in the nation sporting against each other in a way that is unique and dignified, showing what the word "rivalry" is all about. The great thing about the Tech/UVA rivalry is that when all is said and done, we can put aside all differences, have the figurative drink together, and know that we are a symbol of what rivals are supposed to be. Not personal challenges and complexes against each other but a time to test our brawn and will against our friends and counterparts in everything outside of sport.

Does Tech have that with WVU? That's not for me to answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back and read the posts again, and you will see who’s post I edited, and it was not UVAObservers. It was edited to remove a remark about UVAObserver… It wasn’t anything bad or nasty...just unnecessary. No one was accusing UVAObserver of anything. I know that this rivalry is one that is always handled with class; that is why I edited to the post to delete the unnecessary name calling. Just trying to keep it classy. Now calm down, and take a deep breath. laugh.gif