bassett at salem

zack

bassett had superior talent, probably as much as amherst.they were huge,quick.salem played good defense,especially as bassett crossed mid field.bassett ran the ball well but most of that was between the 30 yard lines. salem had trouble moving the ball except a couple of times. their offense has regressed, in my opinion.we will have tremendous problems against amherst if we cannot control the clock with our offense and move the ball to limit their opportunities.our touchdown was scored as clemo busted through the line and was leveled but bounced off and out ran everybody 59 yards for the touchdown.

Enough with this more disciplined crap. I guess the Salem center was more disciplined when he in plain site, twisted and wrenched the ankle of Boo Woods trying to obviously inflict pain right in front of the official. Then gets up like he had just done some marvelous thing. Boo kicks him off to keep from getting his ankle torn up, and of course the official says something to Boo. I'm sorry, that's just smart disciplined football by the Salem player right. All night long and Salem does not have one holding penalty........I'm sorry, they are just so disciplined and don't do it in front of the officials.... or do they and just don't get called for it. After what I witnessed in Salem last night, I don't know how they ever lose there.

And Zack, why don't you explain why the rec. may have been out of bounds.....he just decided to jump out of bounds while the ball was in mid air right.

Salem, great program, but very questionable officiating during the playoffs at home... not just this year, but every year. Kind of ironic that at this time every year, Salem fans find themselves justifying what occured during a playoff game at home.

[ QUOTE ]

Enough with this more disciplined crap. I guess the Salem center was more disciplined when he in plain site, twisted and wrenched the ankle of Boo Woods trying to obviuosly inflict pain right in front of the official. Then gets up like he had just done some marvelous thing. Boo kicks him off to keep from getting his ankle torn up, and of course the official says something to Boo. I'm sorry, that's just smart disciplined football by the Salem player right. All night long and Salem does not have one holding penalty........I'm sorry, they are just so disciplined and don't do it in front of the officials.... or do they and just don't get called for it. After what I witnessed in Salem last night, I don't know how they ever lose there.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree w/ you proudbengal and thats the point i was trying to bring up when i said that not how disciplined salem was, the call i had the most trouble with was the holding call on 3rd down when bassett was driving or maybe it was 4th i forget, also that block in the back that called back the long run i'm not so sure about that one either, but back to the holding call an official can call holding on every play because it happens, and when it's called on a crucial play in the game that would've given bassett the first down and probably wouldve scored that drive but instead it was 3rd (or 4th) and long...it just makes you begin to wonder about the officials

You are correct, it was a 3rd down run that would have been 1st and 10 inside their 15 yard line. Justin Woods pancaked a kid and the phantom holding flag came out. Made it 3rd and about 9 and we came up about 4-5 inches short on 4th down. Convienient call at convienient time of game. Tired of some of these Salem fans that have the Salem Blinders on at all times. It has happened for so long, that they actually believe in every call that an official makes. You know, kind of like when you tell lies long enough that you start believing that you are actually telling the truth. Glad to see that you made it to the game. Take care.

hey, if you think the officials are being paid off, then sue or take it up with VHSL.we lost a couple of state championships because of some questionable calls so quit being a cry baby.salem was in the playoffs almost every year when willis white was coach and it took twenty years to win our first state championship.the bottom line is you are not a referee and have no experience and no not what you are talking about.we praobaly stand little chance this week but i will be there supporting our team.unless you are an expert then i suggest you be quiet and be a man.salem should have never been in that game, talent wise and yet you cry about the officals, to make yourself feel better. i dont give a rats you no what what you think, becaus ei know you know not what you talk about.

[ QUOTE ]

hey, if you think the officials are being paid off, then sue or take it up with VHSL.we lost a couple of state championships because of some questionable calls so quit being a cry baby.salem was in the playoffs almost every year when willis white was coach and it took twenty years to win our first state championship.the bottom line is you are not a referee and have no experience and no not what you are talking about.we praobaly stand little chance this week but i will be there supporting our team.unless you are an expert then i suggest you be quiet and be a man.salem should have never been in that game, talent wise and yet you cry about the officals, to make yourself feel better. i dont give a rats you no what what you think, becaus ei know you know not what you talk about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be a man huh, I've said on numerous occassions on this board and others that Salem has a great program. If you have your Salem Blinders to the issue that is constantly brought up by others at this time of the year, then I put you in a select few Salem fans that everyone draws their conclusions from. You yourself said that Salem should not have even been in this game. Let's see, what factors would have played into the contest being played the way it was. If you can't at least admit that it was kind of ironic that on a couple of big plays it was kind of funny to see a flag fly (55-60 yard TD run called back on a flag first thrown by a guy that was 30 yards away from the supposed infraction that was then and only then thrown by the side ref., or the 1st down inside the 15 yard line late in the game when we were driving for the go ahead score that was called back on a phantom hold when it was clearly a pancake block, or earlier when our receiver was shoved out of bounds as the ball approached only to adjust and catch it in the endzone, no TD, no flag). Amazing that no holdinng calls were made against Salem in this game.

To most of the Salem followers that also amitted to some of us (kind in an apologetic way after the game) congrats and best of luck next week at Amherst.

PS I though the chant by a lot of your fans at the end of the game "OVERRATED" was real classy under the circumstances. Bottom line, we lost, you won. Now be a man, and take those blinders off and look at things objectively.

zack, proudbengal is right i saw the same things he saw, the holding call at a convenient time in the game, the pass that had to be either a td or a pass interference not a no call, i was just at the game to watch it too w/out being biased or anything

[ QUOTE ]

Was that the game that the Salem rec caught the ball two yards wide of the endzone and the ref called it a TD.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the play he is referring to. I saw the replay on TV and he was clearly out-of-bounds.

They really can't deny or say anything about it, it was so bad (don't really think they are proud of it, but they do like to remind everyone of their state titles, including that one). They kind of sympathized with the call, kind of like some did to us in the parking lot after the game Friday. Just too many calls or no calls over the years at Salem in the playoffs that have made many draw their own conclusions.

[ QUOTE ]

They really can't deny or say anything about it, it was so bad (don't really think they are proud of it, but they do like to remind everyone of their state titles, including that one). They kind of sympathized with the call, kind of like some did to us in the parking lot after the game Friday. Just too many calls or no calls over the years at Salem in the playoffs that have made many draw their own conclusions.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the same reaction I've gotten from the Salem alum I work with.