Who should be in the National Championship game?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

2006 Gator Bowl Champion  

1. 1. 2006 Gator Bowl Champion

• Big East Representative Louisville
    • Atlantic Coast Conference Representative Virginia Tech

Does anyone else think it's stupid that Georgia is ranked above LSU? I mean, I hate LSU and the SEC, and sure it's a strong conference and Georgia is playing some great ball right now, but LSU is in the SEC championship, Georgia isnt. I can definitely see Georgia getting a nice bowl game, an at large bid to BCS game, but they shouldnt be ranked above a team who is in their own conference championship when they are not.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else think it's stupid that Georgia is ranked above LSU? I mean, I hate LSU and the SEC, and sure it's a strong conference and Georgia is playing some great ball right now, but LSU is in the SEC championship, Georgia isnt. I can definitely see Georgia getting a nice bowl game, an at large bid to BCS game, but they shouldnt be ranked above a team who is in their own conference championship when they are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right. There's even an extreme outside chance that Georgia could play for a national title without playing in its own conference championship. Reason #24871 why the current rating systems are out of whack.

[ QUOTE ]

If there were Rutgirls fans on this board I would say the same thing. If there were any Buckeye fans on this board I would not hesitate to tell them that they are overrated.

The only reason you mention VT in any of your posts is because you somehow believe that it is a conspiracy that Virginia Tech is always looking to steal some of WVU's thunder or power.

This is like the little brother who finally beat up the big brother.

If you look at the 5 or so threads that were only about WVU and the Big East or whatever, it is the WVU fans who throw Virginia Tech in the mix. And, if defending your team is considered "bandwagoning" then you, my friend, are the biggest banwagon fan WVU has. You cry about every little thing that doesn't mention "WVU","national title","best in the nation", and any other word that satisfies your fantasy with West Virginia.

[/ QUOTE ]

guess what there happens to be a buckeye fan on this board and that's me you can talk all you want but i'd like to see your hokies and that high powered offense of yours play the bucks defense

Well the Buckeye defense is in perfect position to see a very fast WVU team in the national championship barring a Missouri loss. Then we may possibly see it get torched by Steve Slaton and Pat White. wink.gif

another thing, i don't know how you can say osu is overated if you say its cuz of there easy schedule thats crap, cuz they can't help it the big ten was down this year and it's not because there afraid to schedule good teams... they played texas two years straight, and do the same with USC next year, and i think Cal in '11 and '12, also VT in '14 and '15 i found out today haha, not many teams are willing to play an elite opponent at the beginning of the season and put the rest of there season in jeopardy if they lose, VT does it too (LSU)..

[ QUOTE ]

another thing, i don't know how you can say osu is overated if you say its cuz of there easy schedule thats crap, cuz they can't help it the big ten was down this year and it's not because there afraid to schedule good teams... they played texas two years straight, and do the same with USC next year, and i think Cal in '11 and '12, also VT in '14 and '15 i found out today haha, not many teams are willing to play an elite opponent at the beginning of the season and put the rest of there season in jeopardy if they lose, VT does it too (LSU)..

[/ QUOTE ]

A little bit of food for thought. Records are different based on Ohio State's playing I-AA Youngstown State, which doesn't count in the NCAA schedule-strength analysis.

Ohio State's schedule is 46th-ranked nationally; the combined opponent's record is 60-54.

West Virginia's combined schedule is 48th-ranked nationally; the combined opponent's record is 63-57.

Not a flame, just for constructive purposes.

You see teams attempt to schedule toughter out-of-conference games early in the season a little bit more today in college football. Good examples with Virginia Tech and Ohio State. Heck, even my alma mater's getting in on the mix, scheduling a home-away series with Southern California in 2008 and 2010 and the same with Penn State in 2009 and 2011. Notre Dame will also be a series coming up in a few years; just maybe they'll be decent again. Maybe...

oh i know...him and holtz need to freaki be takin off the air...they are both biased...and i can't stand lou always spitting when he talks..."NOTRE DAME WILL WIN 10 GAMES THIS YEAR...MARK MY WORD" - Lou Holtz....haha good prediction louie

I think USC is probably just as good as any other team in the country they had some losses yea, just like osu lost to illinois, lsu lost to arkansas and kentucky, wvu lost to south florida, but any of these 4 teams i just named and a few others who have a loss or two can still beat any team on any given night, thats the problem with the bcs this year there isn't any one team who is a step above everyone else and had a perfect year

[ QUOTE ]

WVU unless they lose and Missourit unless they lose....then OSU LSU and a few others hang in the balance.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not exactly right. If West Virginia or Missouri lose, then Ohio State is next in line to take the position. If both lose, which is incredibly unlikely, then Georgia (without even playing in its own conference title game) will step in to play Ohio State. Every other team is out of the running at this point.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

WVU unless they lose and Missourit unless they lose....then OSU LSU and a few others hang in the balance.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not exactly right. If West Virginia or Missouri lose, then Ohio State is next in line to take the position. If both lose, which is incredibly unlikely, then Georgia (without even playing in its own conference title game) will step in to play Ohio State. Every other team is out of the running at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

when missouri loses you mean lol