Congratulations to Shaun Brooks...AA State Championship MVP

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

I would have never guessed he had that many yards tonight, at least it didn't seem like that at the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't have guessed it either. Probably should have gotten it a little more than he did, but can't complain in a state title game victory.

Was it just me, or did I see some Richlands faithful in Wheeling on Friday night? I know for a fact that I saw a little kid donning his Richlands apparel, and with the boy being so young it would only make sense that his parents or guardians were there too. Thanks for the support!

Thinking back Brooks came a long ways from a player that always played with emotion, but didn't always control that emotion and got a number of personal foul penalties in the previous two seasons. I can only recall Brooks having one personal foul penalty the entire season and it was a very questionable call. The young man worked very hard to make himself a better player and for most of the season he was a man amongst boys, especially defensively. I'll miss seeing him come blasting through the line from his linebacker position on a blitz and blowing up a play. Or stiff arming opponents down to get the corner and then accelerating down the sideline for a big gain.

Shaun has always been an exceptional athlete and a great young man....he has however been misunderstood in the past leading people to believe that he was/is something that he is not...... Whatever the case he has strong family support, the support of his teammates and coaches, as well as support from much of the community. May God Bless this young man to continue to hone his skills, I truly believe that he has the potential to go as far as he wants to go in life.